Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 16, 2013

Halloween 2013: NYC Limited Edition Super Hero Chic Collection

A huge thanks to three lovely readers for pics of this brand new collection from NYC! Super Hero Chic is now hitting Rite Aid and there are lots of fun products in this one. Take a look:

image credit: Dawn for Nouveau Cheap
NYC Limited Edition Super Hero Chic Collection at Rite Aid

Longtime reader Dawn spotted this display and shared the pic above. Look at that bright red/blue/black/gold eyeshadow palette! Keep reading for lots of additional pics...

Reader Kratrina also spotted this collection recently and shared some pics on the You Tell Me page:

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

And last but certainly not least, reader Sandi just shared some pics too (she also spotted this at Rite Aid):

 image credit: Sandi for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Sandi for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Sandi for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Sandi for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Sandi for Nouveau Cheap

What's interesting here is that, if you look at Sandi's pic above, you'll notice that the lashes in this collection say "Halloween." It was this EXACT time one year ago that the NYC Halloween 2012 Collection hit Rite Aid, so I'm thinking that Super Hero Chic  is their Halloween collection this year (they always, always have a black lip color in their Halloween collections, so that would make sense!). 

Have you spotted this new collection at your local Rite Aid (or elsewhere) yet? Thoughts? 

Thanks so very much, Dawn, Kratrina and Sandi, for the awesome pics! I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Need the black lipstick. Embarrassed that I never new they released one for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anybody ever tried the eyeshadow primer from those NYC kits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I did not care for it plus it dries out too fast being out in the open the way they're packaged. Pity that all their eye products have been a huge fail for me but cheap enough to not feel bad to try at least!

      Delete
  3. This looks great, but it's just another NYC display that I will never find! Ugg, so frustrating! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Sorry I didn't mention it, but this was on display at my local HEB (I'm a Texas girl)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can anyone attest to their eyeshadow quality? If that white is a matte (and because NYC is pretty cheap), then I'll grab that palette. Along with black lipstick ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were kinda chalky and powdery for me but they do have a couple matte whites if you can deal with that, maybe blending really well could salvage it, I just don't have the patience :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I've seen NYC around just didn't want to get crumby product

      Delete
  6. same here, got the the red/blue eyeshadow kit about two weeks ago from HEB and it is halloween. the plastic seal has little spiders on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found this display at a Rite Aid in Forest Hills, Queens (NYC). The gold glitter leans slightly green and the red glitter is red and white, a little Christmassy. Walked away a bit disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( bummer. Kills it for me as well since those were the only things I was interested in. Like I need yet more NP (she says as her Sterlite storage drawers groan under the strain.... IKEA Helmer YOU are my next beauty purchase!)

      I find their es palettes chalky personally, but mine are older ones I think. surprised so many are into black lipsticks though, dang I must be getting old! LOL

      Delete
  8. Cool! Hopefully someone will put up swatches somewhere--those shadows look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These products look really fun. Does anyone know where NYC is sold besides Rite Aid. I don't have any in my area that I know of (Chicago). Thanks in advance for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, NYC is at many CVS stores now! Also, I am super excited for new polishes. Is that a new red lipstick, or is that just Sheer Red repackaged? Anyone know? Since NYC kills the true red, I will pick it up for sure if it's new.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig