Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review: Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in Flaming Race

Continuing my series of reviews of the newest shades in the Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer line, today I'd like to show you Flaming Race (click here to see Pink Expresshere to see Quick Teal and here to see Instant Pearl):

Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in 25 Flaming Race
(retail: $4.99, 0.45 oz)


Three Free formula and made in the USA



Just like with the other polishes in this line, the brush is flat and wide, but not as wide as the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure or Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro polishes (which should come as a relief to those who feel those brushes are too wide to work with). The edge of the brush is cut cleanly.


NOTE: I apologize if my photos look distorted on your screen. Sometimes my camera distorts bright reds and pinks (which drives me nuts) but I assure you that this color is perfectly even and smooth on the nail, despite any distortion you see below.


Two coats, no top coat:



This is a lovely tomato red creme that has a dash of coral to it. The formula was very easy to apply; not too thick and not too thin. Like all of the other polishes in this range that I've reviewed, this color dries to a high-gloss finish and it dries very, very quickly (about a minute for the first coat and just a few minutes for the second coat).

I required two coats for good opacity but this one's almost a one-coater (at one coat there are no streaks but you can see a bit of "visible nail line").

FINAL VERDICT: I don't have a bad thing to say about Flaming Race. It's a beautiful shade of tomato red with a dash of coral, it applies smoothly, dries quickly and it's almost a one-coater. I think it's a perfect shade for toes as well as fingers, and I also think it would look good on most skintones (the dash of coral will help it be more wearable if you have a cooler skintone).

I've heard from some of you that you've spotted counter displays for the new High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquers at CVS over the past month or so, but I'm not sure yet if these new shades have made it to the permanent display yet. If you've seen them in the permanent display, please leave a comment and let us know (and thank you!). You can also purchase this polish via the Milani website.

Do you own any High Speed Fast Dry polishes? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Just saw these at my local Meijer and they were part of the permanent display. It's funny, I had this exact color in my hand but didn't buy it. It's pretty, so I'll have to get it next time I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like MAC Lady Danger as a polish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, how I fall for warm red shades... this will be in my collection by the weekend if I have to walk to the drugstore to buy it! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig