Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in Pink Express

Continuing with Milani & Jordana Week here on the blog, here's the second new-for-2013 shade of High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquers in this series (click here to see Quick Teal). Let's take a closer look at Pink Express:

 Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in 28 Pink Express
(retail: $4.99, 0.45 oz)

Three Free formula and made in the USA


Just like with the other polishes in this line, the brush is flat and wide, but not as wide as the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure or Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro polishes (which should come as a relief to those who feel those brushes are too wide to work with). The edge of the brush is cut cleanly.

Three coats, no top coat:



Light pink cremes and I rarely get along. Not because I don't love them (oh how I love my pinks) but because so many light pink creme nail polishes seem to look chalky and/or go on super streaky. I usually look at a light pink creme and immediately think "hot mess in a bottle."  But this one wasn't too bad, and for that I'm thankful.

The formula of Pink Express is a little thick but not difficult to apply by any means. I needed three coats to get the coverage you see above, but you can see still a few streaks if you look closely. Dry time was true to the label on the first coat (dry in about 60 seconds) and it only took a few minutes for the second and third coats to become dry to the touch. The finish is very shiny on its own, but I think I would still apply a good top coat after you're done because I noticed I got a few dents and marks on a few of my nails, even after letting three coats dry for several hours. So I would apply a good top coat just to seal everything in.

FINAL VERDICT: Not a perfect polish, but then again I've yet to meet a perfect light pink creme that is opaque and streak-free in one coat (or even after two sometimes). So that said, this polish yields good but not perfect results at three coats and the bubblegum pink color is fun and girly. I also appreciate that it's dry to the touch within minutes, even after three coats. If you pick this one up, just be prepared to apply three coats (unless you're super skilled at applying streak-prone polishes, in which case you might be able to get away with two). And be sure to apply a good top coat afterward to avoid dents/marks.

I've heard from some of you that you've spotted counter displays for the new High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquers at CVS over the past month or so, but I'm not sure yet if these new shades have made it to the permanent display yet. If you've seen them in the permanent display, please leave a comment and let us know (and thank you!). You can also purchase this polish via the Milani website.

Do you own any High Speed Fast Dry polishes? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I usually don't go for light-pink cremes, either (for the same reasons) but this one looks gorgeous in your swatch.

    Glad I saw your results; this is one I might've just ignored in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't go for light-pink cremes, either (for the same reasons) but this one looks gorgeous in your swatch.

    Glad I saw your results; this is one I might've just ignored in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this color is just so pretty and feminine. A nice change of pace from all the neons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like a nice enough pink, but it doesn't strike me as being too unique. Off the top of my head, it seems close to Wet n Wild Tickled Pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind. I stopped by a Walgreens tonight looking for something else, but since I had just read this review, I compared the two for myself. Milani Pink Express is definitely darker than WnW Tickled Pink.

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig