Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The First Lady wears gray nail polish

image source: hollywoodreporter.com

Regardless of your political persuasion, I think the one thing we can all agree on (maybe?) is that Michelle Obama rocked some awesome nail polish last night. I love that instead of a predictable shade like salmon or nude, she opted for more of a nontraditional bluish-gray shade that tied into the bluish-gray accents in her dress:

image source: hollywoodreporter.com

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the White House has not officially revealed the exact brand or shade.

UPDATE: The nail polish that Mrs. Obama was wearing last night has been revealed. Click here for details.

But...here are some (possible) clues:
  • The dress she wore for last night's DNC Convention speech was designed by Tracy Reese (who of course partners regularly with Sally Hansen to create her own limited edition Sally Hansen Tracy Reese nail colors each season).

What do you think the First Lady was wearing on her nails last night?

Note: this post is about nail polish and nothing more. This is not a political blog, so please limit your comments to nail polish--there are lots of places on the internet where you can debate political ideologies but this is not one of them.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Hmm, maybe Essie Cocktail Bling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved her dress! and totally freaked when I saw her nails were blue (ok, gray...but I thought they were blue at the time ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received an e-mail from OPI stating that it was "I Don't Get a Rotterdam!" and I saw that China Glaze claimed that it is their shade in "Sea Spray".

    .. I have no idea. lol. For all we know, it could have been Zoya's Skylar since it's a grey-ish blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no way it's Sea Spray! Come on ChG, you can pick a better fake match...

      Delete
  4. Maybe Sally Hansen Pumice from their fall collection?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. I'm with Meg. Looks alot like a purple/grey that's seen in Essie's CB, as well as Zoya's Caitlin.

    Great color on the FL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supposedly it is Artistic Colour Gloss Soak Off Color Gel in “Vogue.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Supposedly it is Artistic Colour Gloss Soak Off Color Gel in “Vogue.”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love her fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. there was just a post on Refinery 29 about this. They think it's I Don't Give a Rotterdam from OPI (and their press people think so too)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only person out there who took notice of her nail polish too. She totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was gonna say Essie's Cockail Bling, but the polish she has on is a little darker than that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ^ Southern Girl's right. Artistic Colour Gloss Soak Off Color Gel in “Vogue” They gave the name on msnbc earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please tell us that you know of a good dupe for this! It's the Artistic Colour Gloss... And I know how you love your grays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the comment about political comments!!! That was perfect! For some reason it really gave me a chuckle!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig