Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 13, 2012

More pics of the Maybelline Limited Edition Fashion Week display (plus a sneak peek at the nail colors!)

Let the hunt begin, my lovelies! If you haven't been reading my blog today, let me get you up to speed:

  • Maybelline releases a Limited Edition Fashion Week collection every fall (they also release one for spring) and this year, part of the collection includes four LE shades of Color Tattoos, which are now hitting stores (Rite Aid, to be exact). Based on previous Fashion Week collections (I've been covering them here on Nouveau Cheap for the past three years), there are usually three to four different displays that include a variety of eye colors, lip colors, blushes and nail colors (all limited edition).

  • The LE Color Tattoo shades that are part of the Fall Fashion Week collection should NOT be confused with these four new LE shades (they're totally different).

Once again, thanks to reader Vick for breaking the news about the LE Color Tattoos and reader @sparksfly_x0 for the initial picture.

Here are some additional pics, plus a link to SWATCHES of the Color Tattoos, all thanks to reader Emi of Project Swatch:

 image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week Collection - Color Tattoos

Check out the nail colors and swatches of the Color Tattoos after the jump...

UPDATE: Click here for pics of the Color Show polishes in the Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week Collection.  I enlarged the display photo and look at all this duochrome goodness!

 image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap

Now, back to the new limited edition Color Tattoos! As I said before, the shades are as follows (thanks again to reader Vick for this info):

barely beige
mossy green
rich mahogany
gold shimmer

Here's a close-up of three of the shades:

 image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap
 Barely Beige, Mossy Green, Rich Mahogany

Emi JUST did a review with SWATCHES of these shades--you must check them out here. They are gorgeous!

Thanks SO much, Emi, for sharing your fantastic pics. And thanks again to Vick and @sparksfly_x0 for the great info!

Once again, the Color Tattoo display is now surfacing at Rite Aid. I haven't heard from anyone who has spotted it elsewhere, but based on previous Maybelline Fashion Week collections, it should hit CVS next, and then eventually Walgreens.
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Ooh, I hadn't even noticed the nail polish pictures! That is exciting :) Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Barely Beige reminds me of my favorite eye shadow in 2005! It was the same consistency as Color Tattoo. They were from Rimmel (and I could only find them at WalMart.) Paired with that Rimmel Jungle Green eye pencil... that was my jam. If I'm feeling nostalgic, I might check out Barely Beige!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to make a previously unnecessary trip to Rite Aid tonight. Perhaps that would seen strange to some people, but I don't think anyone HERE would judge me ;D. I only have a few old, discontinued and LE polishes from Maybelline, and I am especially interested in the two on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As luck would have it I just found these at my rite aid today and picked up the mahogany and beige, and they were BOGO 1/2 OFF and helped me reach my $15 for glam camp! Great makeup day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures & thanks for the heads-up! I love the Mossy Green and Rich Mahogany eye shadows. But is anyone else weirded out by that photo of the model in the center display? She looks like either a robot or an inflatable doll. **shudder**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!! Thought it looked a bit odd! :)

      Delete
  6. AAHHH!!!! I HAVE to get Barely Beige!! Thanks for info :)

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like they are going to all be so pretty that I best not hesitate on picking them up when I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G, Im wondering if there is anyway you can bring back that map w/ locations where these are/ have been spotted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do!

      I have been to about two dozen drugstores in Manhattan and have had zero luck - no displays to be found.....

      Delete
    2. Yes, please do! I have been to nearly two dozen drugstores in Manhattan and have had zero luck - no displays even.....

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the post G! I will be stalking the drugstores tomorrow looking for this collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You Rock! I cannot for this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much! I can't wait to get some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty disappointed Barely Beige is shimmery. :( That means I can't really use it as an eyeshadow base. Ah, well, I'll save my money for the L'oreal runway collection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Went to 3 Rite Aids yesterday and found these and the nail polishes at one and the other two had boxes labeled Maybelline about to go out so I assume they were these displays as well (I had planned on checking back with them later had I not found them at the 3rd store). So I advise anyone to keep checking with your local Rite Aids. They may have them but haven't set up the displays yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to rite aid today and they only had the polishes out. No color tattoos :[

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) oh you guys have to try out maybelline cozy cashmere limited edition I went back out called stores for a backup if your into neutrals and matte shadows its beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig