Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 30, 2012

New sales, new products and more!


There's so much going on in the budget-beauty-world today that I can barely keep track of it all (if you saw my posts from yesterday then you know that it's been quite a week already!). So I decided to put everything into one neat and tidy blog post--please take a minute to scan through because I don't want you to miss anything!

  • Thanks to reader Sydney for letting us know that NYX is on HauteLook now through Wed. 8/1. Only members can view the items on sale, but membership is free and you're usually approved in less than 24 hours. I spotted the Crimson Amulet palette for $15 (regular price: $25), which I reviewed here. I'd like to tell you that, of all the palettes I own, I've been getting the most mileage from this palette lately. The eyeshadow shades are extremely wearable (shimmers and mattes) and they look great over the HD primer (you get a mini HD primer with this palette). Also, the blushes are so beautifully pigmented and long-wearing...I think this palette's a steal for $15. There are TONS of other products on sale (palettes, sets, etc.) so definitely check it out ASAP before things start to sell out.

  • Thanks to readers Priya and nojazzatthealter for the heads-up that Tarte Cosmetics is having their Friends and Family sale now through 8/6. Use code FFAUG for 30% off your order, and you get free shipping on orders of $40 or more. Not everything on the site is included in the 30% off deal, so be sure to read the fine print before making a purchase.

  • Thanks to reader Vick for letting us know that Maybelline is releasing FOUR new Color Tattoo shades! According to Vick, the names are Ready, Set, Green (a medium green color), Fuschia Fever (a pinkish purple), Test My Teal (a dusty tealish blue) and a fourth shade that's said to be a royal blue color. How exciting!

  • Avon is having a Christmas in July sale. Now through tomorrow, 7/31, enter code SALEXMAS to get $0.99 shipping on orders of $10 or more OR free shipping on orders of $20 or more. Click here to view the makeup sale page (there's lot on sale right now).

  • Reader @debbiedayglo recently spotted some Cynthia Rowley nail polishes at her local Marshalls, and we've been chit-chatting back and forth about these mysterious polishes for a few days now. These are NOT the Cynthia Rowley for Avon polishes from a while back--the polishes at Marshalls  look like this, but it seems that very little is known about them in general. Just wanted to put this out there for all my fellow lacquer-heads who love hunting down hard-to-find polishes!

  • Speaking of polishes, reader Zadidoll let us know that Solar Club, a division of Color Club, recently put out a new line of color-changing polishes called Ruby Wing. Color-changing polishes are not new (I love the ones from Del Sol), but there are a few Ruby Wing polishes that ARE pretty unique, such as the ones that contain holographic flakes! Oooh la la!

Thanks SO much, Sydney, Priya, nojazzatthealter, Vick and @debbiedayglo for all of the excellent tips and info! I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I'm too excited for those new Color Tattoo shades!!! I want all of them and I haven't even seen them yet lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia Rowley polishes are also at TJ Maxx. My local one also had a bunch of the Justin Beiber Nicole for OPI polishes 2 for $7.99

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TJ Maxx has them too, as well as sets with four e.l.f polishes for $3.99 a set.

      Delete
  3. So excited for the new Color Tattoo shades! They didn't have any new Maybelline displays at my CVS yesterday - but I'm planning to go to walmart tomorrow for some errands so hopefully I'll be able to find them then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybelline should have added more neutrals. I want at least a champagne Color Tattoo, and although Tough as Taupe is nice, I would LOVE a shimmery taupe :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was just about to say the same thing...and Tough as Taupe is a bit dark for me to use every day. I would love a champagne as you said, maybe a pink and a light/shimmery taupe.

      Delete
    2. I would love to see a few more matte colors :) Tough as Taupe is probably my most used of the bunch but a matte that leans a bit warmer would make my week!

      Delete
    3. My vote is for a matte beige ala Mac Painterly.... really shocked they have not gone there yet.

      Delete
    4. I totally agree with more mattes and more neutrals. I love Tough as Taupe but don't like tons of glitter and shimmer.

      Delete
  5. Not sure if it is news-worthy but a manager of a Claire's Boutique said that in the next couple of weeks they are getting color-changing polishes like Del Sol in. Not to be mistaken for the mood polishes they had earlier.

    And, what is this strange creature...a color-changing holo flakies??? They should have gone ahead and made it a matted crackle so it could have every effect in it! My goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly holo flakies but close to it. I really am in love with the Ruby Wing line - 18 colors that change under UV light then return to normal inside. Love it. Festival and Desert Valley are seriously my two favorite from their line.

      Speaking of holos. Color Club will be launching their own but there are only six colors. Their sister company Art Club will also have six holos. Art Club also has a duo holiday set coming out with six colors. All their new fall and holiday collections are seriously gorgeous. The Beyond Mistletoe collection is just so cute but some people won't like it because it's all glitter.

      I can't recall is Color Club's Foiled or their Back To Boho collections out yet or not?

      Delete
  6. I did see those polishes at TJ Maxx, but wasn't blown away :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up just one set of them because they were like...a super-neon pink and purple. Some of the other colors were underwhelming, but those ones caught my eye.

      Delete
  7. Love the Maybelline Color Tattoo. I already own all except the purple and orange. I wonder if the fuschia will be more of a bright pink since the pomegranate punk was already a pinkish shade. i suggested to them they do black because that would totally complete my arsenal. I hope they do one day! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting about all the deals going on!
    I can't wait to see the new Maybelline Color Tattoos. I'm glad they have so many bright colors, but I doubt I'll get any of them, doesn't sound that great for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am a lover of the Maybelline Tattoo eyeshadow's and I own them all. They have recently replaced some of my MAC. Sorry of this is a dumb question...but is it CVS that will be carrying these or guess I will just venture out and hopefully I will get lucky! If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tweeted you the link to a blog post with all 4 names and swatches of the new LE Colour Tattoos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new color tattoos are at walgreens and walmart. I didnt pick any up because as yall have said above I wish they would.come out with something more neutral and practical. the "my teal" is waaayyyyyyy bright. reminds me of urban decay. great for someone who can rock those shades, and meh for those of uswho cant

    ReplyDelete
  12. ARG! So hard to be on buying ban! XD. Post swatches of things for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad that the tarte offer doesn't apply to sale.. I would like the starlet box.. But $45 is way too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought some Cynthia Rowley polishes at TJ Maxx, and I noticed they were produced by the makers of eyeslipsface; in fact, they're just re-branded ELF polishes. Weird that I couldn't find anything on these, or any partnership between JA Cosmetics and Cynthia Rowley.. Oh well, they're still decent polishes :).

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig