Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 2, 2011

Swatchfest: Del Sol Color-Changing Polishes (new spring shades)

A few weeks ago I showed you some press photos of the new Spring 2011 shades from Del Sol. I love color-changing polishes and I've reviewed a few of Del Sol's polishes in the past, so I was excited to receive the new spring shades recently for review. 

 For those unfamiliar with how Del Sol polishes work, it's simple. Indoors they're one color, and in the sun they change into another color. And trust me--the change is almost instantaneous. These polishes change from indoor shade to outdoor shade (and back again) very quickly, which just adds to their fun nature. You can see the transformation right before your eyes and, for me at least, it never gets old (admittedly, I'm easily amused!). Tip: be sure to try these polishes on your toes too!
 
 So let's take a look.

(All shades were photographed in the shade and in the sun without flash. I applied three coats for each polish.)
 

Chicky

 indoors

 in the sun

Lush Lavender

 indoors

 in the sun

Spring Fling

 indoors

 in the sun

Cottontail
 indoors

in the sun
  
The biggest surprise for me was Spring Fling. I was actually very happy to see that, instead of the purple I thought it was going to change into when it hit the sun, it actually became a very pretty silvery-mauve. I love that shade!

I don't believe the new spring shades are available on the Del Sol website just yet, but I believe you can purchase them in Del Sol stores (to see where the nearest Del Sol retail location is in your area, click here).

Do you own any Del Sol Color-Changing Nail Polishes? What do you think of the new spring shades?  

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Wow, these are really cool! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like hte concept of these, i think its so fun - ive just ordered trick or treat from evilbay. i wish theyd do more cremes though, im not a huge fan of the metallic look! a fun polish for summer anyway! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wile I love the dramatic change in color, I am not a big fan of the frosty finish. I have a few Del Sols and my favorite is the LE one from Halloween, Trick or Treat. It changes from a pretty orange glitter in a clear base to a blackened jelly base in the sun. It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors!! all so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! They remind me of all the crazy color-changing things from the 80s. I really like Chicky and Spring Fling and may have to hunt them down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I used to have a del sol shirt that change colors. I just don't know if I could get over how streaky they are though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've always wanted to try this polish!! such an awesome concept and some colors are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought Spring Fling on my recent cruise. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how great are these!!!! so much fun! Going on the Ulta shopping list for today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, these are amazing! i was surprised to see the change in color, very nice post! we don't have it down here though....

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig