Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blog changes (my response to your feedback)

I wanted to give you an update regarding the much-appreciated feedback I received from this post.

First of all, I want to thank each of you, from the bottom of my heart, for the comments left on that post. I read every single word and took to heart everything you said. I wish that I could have responded to every single comment, but I never in a million years anticipated that when I asked for your feedback, you would return it tenfold. As some of you may have noticed, I've been absolutely horrible these past two weeks at responding to comments, and that's because things in my personal life are hectic and when it comes to the blog, I figure that the majority of you would rather see new content on a daily basis vs. responses to comments (if it comes down to having to choose). So I always go with new blog posts if I'm slammed for time, with the hope that, eventually, I can respond to comments later down the road. Sometimes that doesn't always turn out as planned though. And for that I am so sorry. Because your comments were so thoughtful and heartfelt, I wanted to take my time and write long, thoughtful responses in return. But time just slipped away from me and again, I'm so sorry for that. I'm always trying to move forward and share new things with you (my first priority!) so I hope that if you took the time to comment on that post (or ANY post), you didn't interpret my silence as a lack of caring. Because that is NOT the case and I'm so grateful to have heard from you.

Whew! All that to say that I'm making a few changes on the blog (sorry, but I just had to get that out there first).
1) I will never, ever stop doing the Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sales post. That was never even an option for me! This blog centers around drugstore beauty products and deals, so I would never stop posting about the sales, even if you begged me to!

2) I've decided to stop writing the weekly Ulta/Target/Kmart sales posts based on your feedback. For weeks now, the Ulta/Target/Kmart post has been one of the least popular posts I write on a weekly a basis, and that's what prompted me to ask for your feedback in the first place. I now know that many of you just consult the weekly ads for info on those stores, and that my posts don't really bring much else to the table. I would MUCH rather focus my energy on writing more product reviews (which is what you're asking for!) so I'm saying goodbye to that post effective immediately.

3) Going forward, I WILL post about exceptional deals that I come across for Ulta, Target or Kmart (like the Orly freebie at Ulta I just posted about today). So you can count on the fact that if I see something going on at those stores that I really think you should know about, I'll post about it ASAP. And as always, I could never do this alone, so I encourage you to share anything you think we all should know about on the You Tell Me page. That page is invaluable to me, and  to so many others, and I cannot express my gratitude to everyone who takes time out of their day to share info there.

Thanks SO much for reading this long-winded explanation of the changes to this blog. And thank you for reading my blog in general, and for your continued comments and support. I don't want to brag or anything (OK, maybe just a little), but Nouveau Cheap readers are THE BEST group of people I have ever "met" on the internet. Your comments are so ridiculously helpful, insightful, funny, entertaining and well-written that I wish I could rent a ballroom in a fancy hotel and have you all come over for cupcakes and tea and hug and kiss each and every one of you in person. But for now, this virtual hug will have to do: *hugs you so hard that it makes you feel awkward*

So much love that it's pouring out of my (big ugly) pores:
G. xo
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. I think the changes are great! I buy most of my beauty stuff from drugstores, not Ulta, Target, or Kmart. I'm so happy that the weekly ads aren't getting discontinued because that's the reason my wallet shrinks! Having you lay them out is fantastic because I'm not good at piecing together what makes a good buy. You've saved me so much money.

    I don't usually post comments but I just want to thank you so much for opening up a new world for me and just being awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the blog will be even better going forward. Not sure how that's possible but I look forward to finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad weekly drugstore makeup sales aren't going away! I count on them to know when I should stock up on new polishes. Today I bought 7 nail polishes for just under $13! And I wouldn't have known those deals were available without this blog :) Thanks to you I now own three Revlons I've been pining for and only paid $2 each after rewards! Crazy stuff. All because of this blog. I love what you do and I'm glad it's going to continue, even if that means not as many comment replies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi G,

    You don't have anything to apologize for! Your readers know that you have a personal life, and you work very hard at making Nouveau Cheap, well, nouveau chic! I shall continue to read your blog for all the valuable info on what's hot, what's not, what to run--don't walk--to the nearest drugstore, and what to run from at the drugstore, screaming and tearing my hair out! We look forward to all your upcoming reviews and value the ones already here. Thanks for all you do, G!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all you do. Love this blog, and I'll still follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you G, you work hard on this blog for us, the readers, and we appreciate it! Thanks for the updates! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do love this blog. I don't post a reply that often (maybe can count on 1 hand how many times I have) but I really enjoy reading what you and other readers say about products and sales. If I have something to add I do, like what I found on sale at a store near me or if it is on sale here as well. I brag about your blog. Telling people how awesome it is. Just this weekend as soon as I read about the sale at Sally's I went to see what I could find. As I was there I told the sales girl how I found out about the sale and that she should really check your blog. Not to mention all the other people who I have referred this blog to. If I haven't said it before or enough..THANK YOU! Really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Im so happy ur not getting rid of the weekly ads for drug stores =) thanks a ton for all the work u put into ur blog and all the money u save us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi G, I don't usually comment on the weekly sales pages because I'm usually too busy going to said sales! I actually started to go to ulta and target more often because of your sale pages! It is very convient having all the sales located in one spot like this and as much as I enjoy the kmart/ulta/target store weekly sales you do, I know that if you stop doing those posts, you'll just have even better posts to make up for it :D. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. G - Thanks for all the hard work you put into this blog. It shows! The fact that you have asked for & are following up on feedback shows how much you want to provide unique, helpful content for your readers. It truly is an invaluable resource! I don't always comment but please know that I read multiple posts a week, if not on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. <3!! You and Nouveau Cheap. It's the first blog I have ever read and it is the best! Keep doing what you do! It is WONDERFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi G! I look forward to reading your blog each and every day.On Fridays when I am off of work, I often spend an hour or more with my am coffee reading the posts that I have missed for the weeek,or look back further and read ones from a couple years ago before I stumbled upon this blog.I read a lot of beauty blogs and I can honestly say yours is my favorite.You are SO thorough,have the greatest reviews,and you can tell how much time and effort you spend putting hard work into this blog for your readers.Thank you so much for all you do! -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pores are neither big, nor ugly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing to do the weekly drugstore sales posts. I came across your blog last summer when I did a google search for the WNW On the Prowl collection. The weekly sales posts are the reason I kept reading. Now I'm completely hooked and read almost every post. I love how you give real reviews. It's easy to tell when you love a product and you tell it like it is when a product isn't so great. I don't know how you are able to put this blog together so beautifully AND have a job and a personal life. You totally rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi G,

    I, too, think this is the first blog I have ever read, and without doubt, THE BEST! I would never know about many of the brands you have introduced me to, e.g., Sinful Colors, Black Radiance, and the beautiful new colors that they introduce. I bought Winterberry (to die for!) and Leap Flog (gorgeous) because I read about them HERE. Please, please don't apologize for changing things to make the blog better; we all appreciate everything you do for us, and love you for it. And , well, just for being you. And one more thing: none of us would die if you took a day off once in a while. You work so hard and you might as well enjoy the fruits of your labors. I think Mr. G would approve as well ;)

    xoxo,
    Isis & Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This blog is devoted to all things beautiful, but the most beautiful thing here is the heart and soul of our special, special G.

    You are a wonderful person, Gianna!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG G! U are hilarious! Nouveau Cheap is simply the best and i love everything u do! Thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hug back at ya! I love your blog and look forward to all the great things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay G! I'm glad things work out then! You're totally awesome and if you did invite us all over I would be definitely be there. :D

    I hope your personal life is going okay - hectic is often bad but it can be good, so hopefully it's good hectic.

    We love you! Thanks for all your hard work (and Mr. G. too!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your decision. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your blog. I look forward to it daily and consult it when shopping, since your advice and suggestions are proving invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Even if you can't respond to each comment, making changes and writing responses like this proves that you are one of the most attentive bloggers out there. Thank you for all of your fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really adore this blog, G! You've helped me so much in learning new products.

    I'm glad your weekly drugstore sales posts are not going away!
    I always like to check those out before I go to the shops. ^^

    Thank you so much. Excited to read more product reviews from you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think you should do whatever feels comfortable to you. I enjoy your information. I realize that you put alot of time and effort into this blog,so I just wanted to "pat you on the back" and say "Thanks for all you do".

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig