Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 7.16.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week:
 
What’s your most prized beauty possession?

G's answer: I'm a nostalgia junkie, so my most prized beauty possessions are my original Sinful Colors polish, my original Too Faced eyeshadow single, my original Urban Decay eyeshadow single, my original Wet n Wild polish, my original Zoya polish, and my (unopened) Revlon Street Wear polishes. Sorry, but there's no way I could narrow it down to just one of those!

Lipstick League Links of the Week:

Phyrra – wants you to show some skin with Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup. Which shade is your match?

Vampy Varnish – loves the new Urban Decay Smoked Palette and thinks you might love it too!

we heart this – Hey you in that red lipstick! There are bugs in your makeup. Yes, BUGS.

Beauty Junkies Unite – Amber shows us how the new L’Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream works, complete with a before and after of her skin!

Clumps of Mascara – is rockin’ jelly nails. Zoya’s Gloss collection is unlike any kind of collection we’ve seen in a while.

EauMG – Expand your vocabulary with the Smell Bent Vocabulary Perfume Collection!

Gouldylox Reviews – brings out her inner bombshell with Be a Bombshell’s summer collection!

Krasey Beauty – Looking for a great new body wash? Check out Tone’s newest Fruit Peels Body Wash, and read about how K.B met K.P (Kellie Pickler).

Nouveau Cheap – Will your cravings for some Revlon Moon Candy turn you into a lunatic? (Get it?? Lunatic? Lunar? Moon? Yeah, I know. Sorry. But this collection sure is pretty!)

Pink Sith – sits you down for a fairytale about princesses and NARS Vent Glace Eyeshadow

Prime Beauty – Find out why Prime Beauty cannot stop sniffing herself. Could she have discovered fragrance nirvana with the new Kiehl’s Aromatic Blends?

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Phyrra – Check out one of my favorite bloggers, the Makeup Zombie! She shares her favorite indie companies.

What's your most prized beauty possession? 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I (along with a handful of my fellow moderators of BPAL.org) was a muse for a Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume blend along with the accompanying artwork. It is a beautiful fragrance that I adore wearing, a blend of Babylonian musk, vanilla tea, tonka, tobacco, coconut, hyssop, and lilac.

    I have several bottles of the prototype but the first release bottle of Ashlultum with the artwork on the label is my prized beauty possession.

    Have a look at the label here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I have to pick just ONE?

    Actually, it's not super hard. It's either: my Jordana Lilac Frost nail polish, which is a discontinued color so I can't get a backup, and I'm down to less than half the bottle. And for someone who has NEVER used up a nail polish in her life besides topcoat and one black during her high school goth phase (and about a quarter of it went to craft projects anyway)... it scares me to think I might run out, so I've been hoarding the pretty.

    Or, it's: my pink Arissa lipstick. It's the perfect color, and the ONLY brand of lipstick I've ever found that doesn't make my lips feel super dry. And the store that used to carry Arissa products here in town closed, so a new one would be more difficult to obtain.

    I also love my Physician's Formula eyeliner set, but since every grocery store in town carries those... I'm not worried about running out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG seeing that old Wet N Wild bottle brought me right back there! I totally forgot how they used to look, but I had a ton of them! I also had Too Faced shadow when it came in that container. I totally forgot about that, too, but I remember getting it way back when. I think I got it from Nordstrom? Loved that blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig