Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spotted: tons of new nail polish collections at Rite Aid

Just in time for the Nail Extravaganza at Rite Aid this month, I spotted tons of new and fun nail products at a local Rite Aid this weekend that I'd love to share with you today.

If you missed the Weekly Drugstore Sales Post, allow me to explain the Nail Extravaganza: this month (through June 2nd), you can purchase $30 worth of ANY brand of nail polish, nail art or Sally Hansen Salon Effects and receive $10 back in +UP Rewards. This of course includes all of the brands of polish that Rite Aid carries, such as Color Club, Sinful Colors, Petites, Color Fever, Jesse's Girl, Revlon, etc. 

And here are more ways to save on nail polish at Rite Aid this week (remember, these purchases will all add up toward your $10 +UP Reward!): 
  • When you spend $10 on Sally Hansen nail polish you get $5 +UP this week (other Sally Hansen products are also included in this deal)
  • There's a $6 Single Check Rebate offer that's good when you buy any 3 Pretty Woman nail products (like the Magnetic polishes I reviewed here)
Like I mentioned in my sales post, I don't believe you have to spend all $30 at once to take advantage of this deal. Since it's a month-long promotion, I'm pretty sure that your qualifying purchases will accrue on your receipt, and once you hit the threshold, the $10 in +UP should print at the bottom of your receipt.

So let me show you all of the fun nail products I spotted:

 LA Girl Disco Brights Collection

This is a new collection from LA Girl, and all of the polishes glow in black light. How fun is that? They all appear to be cremes, although I didn't look very closely at each one (some may have very subtle shimmer; I'm not sure):





 LA Girl Fruity Scented Nail Polish Collection

Another new collection from LA Girl, these are scented polishes that all appear to be jellies with some sort of glass fleck, tiny flakie or glitter (again, I didn't look closely at each one so I don't want to generalize about the entire collection but I'm pretty sure they'll all jellies, or at least many of them appear to be):


I mentioned earlier that I bought the neon yellow jelly above, because I don't have anything else like it in my collection. I'll be sure to swatch it soon, if you're interested in seeing what it looks like on the nail.




Nutra Nail  Limited Edition Gel Perfect Sorbet Collection

Nutra Nail has released a limited edition collection of Gel Perfect polishes called Sorbet. There are six shades in this collection:

 Bayberry, Tangerine, Raspberry

Lime, Grape, Blueberry

 Magnetique Magnetic Nail Art Polishes

Here's a new brand of magnetic polishes that are $4.99 each. The colors seem to be similar to the other brands of magnetic polishes at the drugstores these days, but you can't beat that price:


 Extreme Nail Art Pens

I'm not sure if these really qualify as "extreme", but each pen contains two shades, and there are standard brush applicators as well as fine-point pens for nail art. See the left side of the display for details:



I've gotta say, this is a new one for me. I don't think I've ever seen a clear top coat that makes the base color change colors! And I'm a sucker for these little "fish bowl" bottles:



And last but not least, I know I've already posted about this, but I FINALLY spotted the Color Club Blossoming Collection in my area, so I wanted to let you know that if you haven't spotted it at your Rite Aid yet, there's still hope!


I've been lusting after Hydrangea Kiss every since I saw Jen's swatches, so that was the polish I purchased in the above display. Hydrangeas are my third-favorite-flower of all time (behind dahlias and peonies) and I LOVE periwinkles so...it just had to be mine!

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to know if you own or have spotted any of the polishes featured in this post!
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I need to find those Colorphase polishes, that looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have Rite Aid in my neck of the woods. But I have found Magnetique polishes at my local Albertson's grocer. Hopefully they --or someone, anyone!-- will stock those Extreme Nail Art Pens. I really want to try those! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was just in there and it was like nail polish threw up all over the place! I bought a gorgeous green
    Metallic! I wanted them all though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's Red Plum coupon insert included several Sally Hansen coupons, including a $.50 off one Sally Hansen Nail Color and another for $1 off one Sally Hansen Nail Treatment. Both expire 6/30/12.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a Rite Aid either, but I think I really need some of those Colorphase polishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wearing Color Club in Blue-Ming right now. I love the color and that is the only reason that I suffered through 4 coats to get this sucker right. Application was thin, streaky and patchy! UGH! However with the 4th coat applied this morning the color is such a pretty minty bluish green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two things. Both my opinion. The Color phase polishes are all frost finish and they do change to a darker color with the top coat, any top coat. Don't try to put a regular top coat on after your design or it just runs all over. I threw my polish in the garbage already.
    The nail art pens. Love those! They work great and make it so easy to do intricate designs that I would not otherwise be able to do.
    Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are these new Disco Brites, they don't look like it? Disco Brites have been out for a while now. I have been using Vinyl Record (turquoise) since last year. I want to get Hustle, Groovy and Deejay,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at a glance they look like the same collection. I've had turntable and vinyl record for years, and I love them.
      The fruity collection has been on cherryculture for more than a year, too. I don't think they are new.

      Delete
    2. They don't look new to me either. Oh, and I believe the Disco Brites are opaque jellies--not creams.

      Delete
  9. I bought the Color Club in Hydrangea's Kiss but haven't worn it yet, but I think I may need to change my polish tonight! lol It really is a Gorgeous true periwinkle which is a color you don't find very often. I'm just so glad that Rite-Aid is starting to carry Color Club polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those nail art pens look exactly like the Migi nail art pens. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Essie has a new collection out. I got a shorbet orange polish from the collection & its to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I stopped at my local drugstore & they had a new Essie display with new colors. They had a gorgeous soft orange, a bright red orange, a bright pink & another color I that I cant seem to remember lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to everyone who commented about the LA Girl polishes! I'm clearly not up to date on my LA Girl new releases, so I guess those collections are just ” new to Rite Aid”.

    Thanks for setting me straight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen color club at an drugstore before. I'll have to keep an extra eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I've never even seen or heard of some of these before. Too bad I don't live near a Rite Aid, or rather lucky for my wallet.
    I wonder if anyone has tried/reviewed the Nutra Nail Gel Perfect polishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just picked up a magnetic polish at rite aid today and they are on sale for 2.50 . Just in case anyone is look to buy them u can get 2 for 5 idk how long it will be on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I picked up a magnetic polish from Rite Aid today and mine was 2.50 so i'm thinking that its on sale but I don't know how long

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd like to get the fishbowl polishes too. How cool is THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those colorshift 'fishbowl' polishes are not that great. I bought the dark purple one, you have to put on a good bead of the topcoat for it to change colors, anything past a hair or two darker, and you absolutely cannot put any other topcoat or sealant on top. Not worth the $4.99.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never seen that color changing top coat one ever. What store did you get find that at??

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig