Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 7, 2011

Spotted: New CoverGirl Beauty Tools

It feels like it's been forever since I was last in a drugstore, since I've had a nasty cold for a few weeks now. I finally got to visit a CVS recently and I found this display for the CoverGirl Beauty Tools. I haven't heard a word about these, so I'm not sure how new they are--if you've spotted them in your area, please leave a comment and let me know!

The display contains four rows of products:


Top two rows:


Bottom two rows:


 As you can see, there are a variety of tweezers, scissors, clippers and files in this collection, and even an eyelash curler that comes with a spoolie.


 One thing I find interesting is that each pair of scissors comes with its own sharpener, and there is a coupon good for $1 off any CoverGirl cosmetic product on each package.


As far as nail files go, there is a sapphire file (the one with the green handle) and a ceramic file (pink) in this collection. Also, to the right of the ceramic file is a set of hair cutting shears!



Another thing I like is that some of the products have this cool multichrome finish to them.

The prices range from $3.29 for the sapphire nail file to $14.99 for the hair shears. These definitely look like they're in direct competition to the new Sally Hansen tools I showed you last month.

What do you think of these new beauty tools from CoverGirl? Would you give them a try? Do you already own any of them? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I bought the hair scissors, the brow grooming kit and the blackhead extractor. I cut my own hair and don't really feel like paying 60 bucks for professional scissors so the CG ones do a pretty decent job. I think they would be good for people who trim their own bangs. The others are good too. Nothing extraordinary about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything multi-chrome is amazing I'll be buying those tweezers ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these for a few months now, since December. They're definitely new releases though.

    I wish they had a scissor grip tweezer, those are the only kind I know how to use. I'm forced to buy Revlon ones over and over again and they misalign so quickly. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmmm..... I honestly think this is there way of taking a share of Revlon's awesome beauty tools. cool that they have opened their brand to new products. I'd be curious to see these in person. wonder if they will be available here in Canada. thanks for sharing!
    Maricela
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.. VividFusion ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    VividFusion on Youtube
    VividFusion on Facebook
    VividFusion on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, they just need to get brushes now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like better the new sally hansen beauty tools!!! Its more efecitve and easy to use!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw these on display a few months back, I wonder if they actually work well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will probably try the tweezers; I'm always looking for a pair that works well and isn't crazy expensive.

    This is unrelated, but FYI Deborah Lippman polishes are available on Gilt right now, 2/$20. None of the super-flashy ones are on there; the ones I see are more conservative. Still a bit rich for my blood (though I might splurge on one of the super-sparkles at some point).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have scissors and I LOVE them. Sooo good for trimming up eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig