Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spotted: New Rimmel Glam'Eyes Eye Shadows (quads & trios)

The always-wonderful Kimberly of Libby's Pink Vanity recently spotted these new Rimmel shadows at Walgreens and was kind enough to share some pics! Check it out:

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
New Rimmel Glam'Eyes Eye Shadows
(retail: $4.99 for the trios, $5.49 for the quads)

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

Some close-ups of a few quads and a trio:

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

Now here's the thing. I really, really liked the Glam'Eyes eyeshadow single I reviewed almost exactly a year ago, but I'm hoping that not *all* of these new shades contain sparkle. It would be nice if some of them were matte, and it looks like MAYBE this last trio above has some mattes in it. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Have you spotted these new Rimmel shadows in your area yet? Do you already own any? I'd love to hear from you!

And thanks again for the scoop, Kimberly!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've been seeing these at Walgreens lately. Haven't tried them out, though. I'm a little gun-shy with Rimmel shadows, I bought a few of the core trios a while back, but was unhappy with them. The pigmentation was really not good...

    Looking forward to seeing some reviews on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink set looks like a repeat of Sweet Smolder. http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=124170/Color_Rush_Eyeshadow_Quad-_Sweet_Smoulder/Rimmel/Eye_Shadow do you think it's the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I want the set with the yellow! I luvs me yellows

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why but I never get really excited about any Rimmel products. The only thing i ever liked from them is that taupe nail polish. Steel grey I think? But even that is easily dupeable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brow quad reminds me of this one I own, just with a fancier packaging!

    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=90241/Colour_Rush_Eyeshadow_Quad_in_Smoky_Brun/Rimmel/Eye_Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi G! I got the "State of Grace" quad. It has 2 blues,1purple & 1 silver. I've got swatches on my hand & I think ....oh duh....I dunno! Lol. I don't see glitter or sparkles...I'm not sure what the finishes are. But I DO know they are nicely pigmented ( just a swipe & then swatch) & I got nice color. They wore well for me too. Hope that helps...lol yeah right,Ter! Love ya G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that one with the pink shadow looks like one Rimmel used to have, I'm not sure if it's been discontinued. I hope this not just a packaging change. I hope they changed the formula. I HATED how glittery the Rimmel quads were, plus they had no pigmentation. I bought the one with the pink color b/c it looked like a Chanel limited edition quad. I'm curios now... to buy it again or not to buy again... that is the question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOooo G, thank you for posting your old review! I saw that all the Rimmel eyeshadows are on clearance at CVS, and are still unmarked so they are mine all mine if I want them. But, I passed on them since I have heard nothing good and lots bad about Rimmel shadows. I think I'll pick up a few of those singles tomorrow when I go in to pick up one of my prescriptions!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig