Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 23, 2010

Spotted: New Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder

I showed you some pics of this new Almay display a while back, but the lovely Kimberly of Libby's Pink Vanity recently spotted the display in her area and sent me some great close-ups of the actual powder, so of course I wanted to share them with you!

I was curious about what was going on with this one because, from a distance, it looks more like a loose powder, and since it comes with a brush instead of a powder puff, it only made me more curious (and confused). I can't think of another drugstore pressed powder that comes with a brush--can you?

Check it out:


image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder

 image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap 

I'm VERY interested to see if this can really "instantly transform into your ideal shade" and "keep your oily areas shine-free and dry areas softly hydrated". The image on the left says:

Getting your perfect powder shade is as simple as a swirl...swirl brush into powder, tap off excess, blend into skin for perfect balanced coverage.
 
image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

I get it now! It's a pressed powder that has a light surface with darker dots of pigmentation and white swirls. It now makes sense that they'd include a brush instead of a powder puff since you'll need to swirl the colors around a bit before applying this one to your face. 

I'm pretty excited about this new offering from Almay, for a two reasons: 1) it's not just another version of a Revlon product (like the aqua powder, growth mascara, etc.) and 2) I've had very good luck with other Almay pressed powders, so hopefully this one will be even better!

Are you excited about this new offering from Almay? Have you spotted it in your area yet? Have you purchased it? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

And thanks again, Kimberly, for the great photos!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey G, they have a lot of the new cosmetics displays at the Bed Bath & Beyond in Chula Vista off H Street if you wanted to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of another drugstore pressed powder that comes with a brush--can you?
    L'Oreal Bare Naturale/True Match Naturale pressed powder comes with a little brush. I don't know if it is discontinued though.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig