Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 15, 2010

Lots of makeup and haircare sale info!

Wow, this week I've got lots and lots of little money-saving tidbits to share with you so let me jump right in!

1) I just updated my "Best Drugstore Deals of the Week" feature at the top of this blog to include the stand-out deals for next week and WOW, there are some good printable coupons we can pair with these deals! So take a minute to scroll up and check out these deals. It's a good week for Maybelline!

2) I also want to thank my lovely reader Clementine for the heads-up on this one: as many of you know, the British retailer ASOS has just launched a US site/ And to the happiness of many, many makeup fans, ASOS offers  FREE SHIPPING TO THE US WITH NO MINIMUM ORDER.  And what's better? Well thanks to Clementine for letting me know that my all-time favorite dry shampoo, Batiste, is only around $3 a can (with free shipping)! This blows the doors off the Sally Beauty price ($7.49), and they've got wonderful new fragrances such as Tropical, Boho and Diva that Sally Beauty does not offer. I've only used the original Batiste fragrance (click here for my review--I prefer Batiste over TREsemme, Psssssst! and Salon Graphix), and I didn't care for Blush (too much gardenia for me) so I am SO excited to try these fragrances. Whoo hoo!

 3) As I always say, All You Magazine is probably the BEST source for drugstore makeup coupons. If you haven't purchased a copy yet, I just spotted a $1 off coupon for the ALL YOU SPECIAL BEAUTY ISSUE on the AllYou site (see page 18) which will lower the newsstand price to right around $1.50 (and of course this mag pays for itself with those great coupons!). I believe you can only purchase All You Magazine at Walmart, so you'll have to get it there if you want to use this coupon.

4) I just saw a great review of L'Oreal EverPure haircare written by the lovely Phyrra.  If you've been wanting to try these products, I have a way to get $3 off one product if you live near a Rite Aid! Currently there's a Video Values coupon for $1 off EverPure and EverStrong, and you can STACK this coupon with this RedPlum coupon for $2 off one product!

And finally, I wanted to show you my most recent purchases from Rite Aid because you can still take advantage of some of these deals but you have to hurry:


I don't know if it was all the buzz and excitement regarding the lovely Paula or what, but I decided to give Natural Instincts a shot (I used to use this brand religiously when I was a redhead) in the shade Amber Shimmer.  Right now Rite Aid has a great sale (through Saturday) on Natural Instincts. It's on sale for $7.99 and there's a coupon in their weekly flier for $2 off, PLUS you get $3 back in +UP Rewards, making your final cost just $2.99.  

So when I went to Rite Aid, I used the $4 I had in +UP Rewards (from a previous purchase) to purchase this hair color. So out of pocket, I paid just $1.99.  Then I made a second transaction (so I could immediately use the $2 +UP Rewards that I just got from the Natural Instincts purchase) and purchased the rest of the items you see in the above photo.

You can stop reading now if you'd like, but for those of you who like to know how I save money on my purchases, let me break it down for you:

Snowman Nail Polish: $1.99
minus 10% (I am at the Silver level of the Wellness+ program so I receive 10% off all non-sale purchases)
= $1.79

Nail Brush (which I plan to use to clean up my cuticles after painting my nails): $3.99
on clearance for 50% off
=$1.99

Revlon Lipstick: $7.99
minus 10% (I am at the Silver level on the Wellness+ program so I receive 10% off all non-sale purchases)
=$7.20
minus $1 Revlon coupon (I had this from an old Sunday newspaper)
=$6.20

EOS Tangerine Medicated Lip Balm (review to come): $3.29
minus 10% (I am at the Silver level on the Wellness+ program so I receive 10% off all non-sale purchases)
=$2.96
NOTE: Throughout the month of October, Rite Aid is offering a Single Check Rebate on EOS in the amount of $2, which will bring my total cost for this item down to $0.96

Total price before sales, rebates and discounts: $17.26

But after using the $2 +UP Rewards I received from the Natural Instincts purchase, minus all the sales, discounts and rebates, my grand total came to just $8.94.  Not bad!

I hope you find this info useful, and as always, if you know of any great deals for next week, pleas share them with us! I'd love to hear them!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I hope those little snowmen make it to Walgreens or CVS. They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get sooo excited when you tweet a new post is up! Awesome job G! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about the revlon lippie! Swatches and review, please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was SSSSOOOOO stoked to find out ASOS had a US site, until i went and found out that even though they list nail polish on there, they won't ship it to the US. D: what's the point then??? BOO! oh well, there is other stuff on there i suppose *grumble, grumble*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I want that Tangerine EOS! I have the Lemondrop, summer fruit, and melon but that one looks awesome! Also, that haircolor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was ready to go with 4 bottles of Batiste Dry Shampoos in my cart...but sadly USA is NOT one of the 19 countries it ships to :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was ready to check out with my 4 bottles of Batiste but it is not a product that they ship to the US. Most likely because it is aerosol? At least I finally got my hands on some Steamcream, free shipping, but was so disappointed about the Batiste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, the Google acct name is my husband's. Yes, I am female & my name is Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited about the US ASOS site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute snowmen, awesome tangerine EOS.. didn't know they made that one?! And also ASOS has some pretty awesome deals for us! Sweet stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, boo... It might be shipping restrictions. :/ I ordered nail polish from Sally's online one time, and they wouldn't ship it to my school, but they'd ship it to my house. I think each state has rules about flammable items, and there are definitely restrictions on shipping aerosol things, which is probably why Batiste gets marked up so much here.

    But you never know! I've seen restrictions on ASOS come and go before, so hopefully, this one will be gone soon-ish???

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh poo, i was all excited about the Batiste dry shampoo, especially it looks like they have a version for black hair, but like many mentioned above, there's shipping restrictions to my location in US. darn it. :\

    for those who can order, mrrebates.com has 4% cashback!!! it looks like it links to the US version of the site :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig