Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, June 24, 2010

NYX Girls Nail Polish in The Taupe (the truest taupe ever??)

Note: I might start devoting Thursdays exclusively to nail posts. I know that a lot of you like nail-related posts, but I also know that some of you are not interested in nail polish whatsoever. If you'd like to have all of my nail posts condensed down into one day a week, just to make it easier to skip if you're not a nail person, please leave a comment on this post and let me know? Thanks!

Here's a bold statement: I'm inclined to believe that NYX Girls The Taupe (which I recently ordered from CherryCulture) might be the truest taupe polish I've ever seen. I'm sure one of you nailies will probably disagree, but remember: I don't have much experience with online-only polishes and high-end polishes. So if there's a truer taupe out there, please leave a comment and let me know! Until then:

(click to enlarge, click again to magnify)

I mean, look at The Taupe compared to the other taupe-ish shades in my collection! They all seem either purple or brown standing next to The Taupe. From left to right: Pure Ice Taupe Drawer, Rimmel Steel Gray, NYX Girls The Taupe, Sally Hansen Commander in Chic, American Apparel Mouse.

The Taupe applied evenly and was pretty opaque with two coats (the above pics were taken after two coats--it probably would look absolutely flawless with three, but two was just fine for me). I wore this polish with Orly Bonder Base Coat and Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat for two days and had no chips whatsoever.

So, what do you think of The Taupe? It is the top taupe of all time? At first I thought the name of this color was a little cocky, but now I think it's fitting. To me, it really is THE taupe!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. this is absolutely gorgeous! funny... i've been eyeing this lacquer via cherryculture for the past week, not sure if i should get it or not. but now i'm sold! (pulls out credit card and heads to cherryculture.com) LOL

    as for the thursday nail post thing, sure! all in all, i don't mind either way. but i totally see how this could make things easier for you in terms of organization. but at the same time, i like the unpredictability of what next great find you'll be telling us about next =] either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was just adding nyx products to my shopping cart at cherry culture...I will definitely be adding this polish to my cart! thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I must have this! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this color! Although I don't have physical access to NYX (Only online), next time I go to Walmart I'm going to check out that one from Pure Ice. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have to ask.. and I feel silly not knowing.. but are your nails real or fake? Cause they look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will NEVER order from Cherry Culture again.....beware!

    :B
    ~Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Taupe is looking gorgeous on you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. its looks pretty taupe to me lol. its a gorgeous color. True Taupe ia also a name for one of their single e/s and its pretty taupe too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice. :) I've got the Rimmel one and need to try it.
    I don't know if you have entered my giveaway but I'm only 21 followers from drawing the winner if you are interested in entering. :)
    http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/please-enter-my-giveaway-o.html
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and I've seen the Sally Hansen one and almost bought it. Don't know if I will though.
    :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! This is loverly! I might have to track this down....but then again I have about 947976907 nail polishes...I might need an Ikea Helmer to store them all. YIKES! This is really an awesome taupe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my favorite type of post!! TAUPE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig