Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Did you get your Rimmel and Carmindy lipsticks this week?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here! As for me, I DID get my lipsticks yesterday and I want to share them with you in case you still want to jump on these sales/coupons (today's the last day for the Walgreens deal so you better hurry if you want one!).

Let's start with CVS. Yesterday I went there to pick up my Sally Hansen Carmindy lipsticks (currently 75% off and there was a printable coupon for $2 off on the Sally Hansen site--thanks again for the heads-up on that, Alora!). Unfortunately, I've been told this coupon is no longer available for printing, so sorry if you missed it. If you printed this while it was still up, then you know that it would enable you to get a fabulous, creamy, moisturizing Carmindy lipstick for just 50 cents (before tax). As you probably know, these Carmindy lipsticks retail for $9.99. But with the 75% off sale price, that brings your total down to $2.49, which is still a great deal for these even without the coupon. But if you did print out that coupon, that would make your total just 49 cents!

So I picked up these two lovelies for a total of $2.98 (one was 49 cents with coupon, the other was $2.49 without coupon):


I already own Soft Orchid, which I love (and swatched here). But after seeing my awesome, longtime reader dangerkitty's comment about how Rose Bloom is a beautiful berry that even olive-toned girls can enjoy, I knew I had to pick it up. And I am SO SO SO glad I did! Ladies, if you have yellow or olive-toned skin and you normally can't wear berries because they have too much magenta in them, I encourage you to seek out Rose Bloom. It's one of the most wearable berries in my collection, that's for sure.

Oh, and while I was at CVS, I spotted some new products (which I will post about a little later) and I finally found the Maybelline Falsies Mascara display (I'll post more info on this later). But in the meantime, you should know that CVS is currently giving you 2 Extra Bucks if you purchase this mascara, and it's also on sale right now for $7 (retail: $7.49).


I also had a $1 Maybelline eye product coupon (tear-pad from the Colossal Diamonds display) which brought my total down from $7.49 to just $4. I will definitely review the Falsies mascara after I've tested it so check back if you're curious.

Moving on to Walgreens, I went there yesterday with my $1 off Rimmel coupon in hand (click here if you haven't printed that out yet--as of today, it's still available!). As most of you know, Rimmel lip and eye products are 50% off this week at Walgreens. But TODAY (Saturday) is the last day of the sale so you've got to hurry if you want to take advantage of this!

I finally picked up a Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick for $2.49 (the retail is $6.99, minus the 50% off sale it was $3.49, and minus the $1 coupon it was $2.49). If any of you would like an in-depth review of this lipstick, please leave a comment on this post and let me know!

The only color that really jumped out at me was this one:


It's a pretty, soft pink creme and so far I like it, but I'm trying to figure out the right eye look that I can pair with it (it doesn't look like it will go with my usual earth-tone looks).

Here are all three lipsticks I purchased yesterday:

L to R: Carmindy Rose Bloom, Carmindy Sparkling Berry, Rimmel Rose Blush

Top to Bottom: Carmindy Rose Bloom, Carmindy Sparkling Berry, Rimmel Rose Blush

Top to Bottom: Carmindy Rose Bloom, Carmindy Sparkling Berry, Rimmel Rose Blush

In real life, Rose Bloom is not as red as it looks in these swatches. Sparkling Berry is pretty accurate (it's actually a touch too cool for me but maybe I can find a way to make it work). And Rose Blush is a lot more pink than it looks here. I actually wish it was as warm in real life as it looks in these pics!

Anyway, I just wanted to post this lipstick info in case you were still thinking about grabbing these deals while they're still available.

And before I forget, I want to make a declaration right here, right now, on this blog: I am officially lipsticked-out. Unless a wonderful company decides to send me some lipsticks for review, I am not buying another lipstick for a good, long while. I've got every variation of every shade that works for my skintone, so that's it! Not a penny more will leave my wallet for lipstick for a long, long time!

Now watch, a drugstore brand will go and release an amazing new lipstick collection within the next few weeks. Isn't that always the way it works?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I love Rimmel lipsticks...I also love Carmindy great deals!!!

    Rimmel lipsticks have the best smell ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? 50% off... how did I know not this!! THANKS R!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I feel the same way! Except I might buy some more lipsticks anyway, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am a lipstick addict. I don't even wear it all the time! I just can't resist the beautiful colors and textures that jump out at me from the displays. And then they go on clearance, and I'm done for.

    I have, maybe 30 lipsticks (I refuse to count them and learn the true depths of my weakness) and at least that many glosses.

    My only concern is that lip products do get old and you can't keep them around indefinitely. So, now I make a definite effort to cover my lips with some color every time I leave home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up Rosy Brown (looks exactly like MAC Chersh or the LE Brave New Bronze), Sunbeam, and Seashell Nude (reminds me of NARS Dolce Vita)! I bought them for $2.50 each and still can't believe I got them for less than $10 when the original price would have been $30-thank you for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carmindy coupon good until 14 July at this link...I just printed it so who knows how long they will last. Just as in 0921 on 14 June! http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/printable-coupons/330717-sally-hansen-natural-beauty-inspired-carmindy-product-2-00-1-a.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. CD: Yay!! I hope you got to take advantage of these great deals. :)

    ndoodles: Yep. Did you get there in time? :)

    PCS: You are so bad! (Which is why I love ya!) Ha! :)

    Mustard McKey: We seem to be living parallel lives! I agree on all counts. :)

    rainbow: You are so very welcome! I'm thrilled that you are loving all the shades you purchased!! YAY! :)

    YesIShould: Ooooh, thank you SO VERY MUCH for the great tip! This is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those SH lipsticks, sadly i'm suffering from lipstick overload and i'm working hard to restrain from buying more lipsticks...for the month of june. If they are still on sale in july i will snag some :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man! These comments are leading me back to CVS to buy some more! I'm already starting to justify it...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig