Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spotted at CVS (new clearance products and more!)

Lots to show you today so let's jump right into it:

OMG OMG OMG, I haven't been this excited about an Essence of Beauty release in a looong time!

Essence of Beauty Limited Edition Fragrances: Pixie Tangerine and Mango Paradise

Citrus lovers, I've got just four words for you: YOU NEED PIXIE TANGERINE. Wait, let me clarify. If you love sweet citrus scents, you NEED this. To my nose, this smells like sugared tangerine. Like tangerine that's been lightly coated with sugar crystals. It's heavenly and I could not stop sniffing my wrist after I tested this. I'm telling you, if you love sweet citrus scents, you need to get your booty on down to CVS and give this one a sniff. But hurry because, as the display indicates, it's limited edition and it won't be around forever.

I also really liked Mango Paradise. To my nose, it's not a pure mango--there are other tropical notes in this fragrance as well. But after smelling Pixie Tangerine, I'm afraid that Mango Paradise didn't stand a chance. Ha! But if you're a mango lover, you definitely need to give this one a sniff.

I also wanted to tell you that the CVS Beauty Sale is still going strong! I actually spotted some new products that have been reduced to 75% off (new as in, these weren't on clearance during the last Beauty Sale in January) and I could not resist picking some things up.


The prices on these were ridiculous, and of course it didn't hurt that I had a few $1 off L'Oreal coupons in my purse (from Red Plum mailers I rec'd in the mail over the past several weeks). This brought my cost down as follows:

L'Oreal HiP Color Presso Gloss in Fashionista
retail: $12.99
75% off sale price: $3.25
minus $1 coupon, total cost: $2.25

L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments in Progressive
retail: $11.99
75% off sale price: $2.99
minus $1 coupon, total cost: $1.99

Sally Hansen Natural Beauty by Carmindy Color Comfort Lip Color in Soft Orchid
retail: $9.99
75% off sale price: $2.49

Total retail price: $34.97
My total price: $6.73

Now of course I want to show you some swatches in case you're interested in any of these goodies:

Sally Hansen Carmindy Color Comfort Lipstick in Soft Orchid

Oh MY, what a beautiful shade. In real life it's truly a soft, muted cool rose type of shade and it's got a lovely creme look to it on the lips. I had actually never tried one of these Carmindy lipsticks before and I've got to say, they're fabulous. Talk about creamy! This is probably one of the creamiest lippies I've ever owned from the drugstore. It's just a total delight to wear this lipstick. LOVE it. Now I want more!

L'Oreal HiP Color Presso Lipgloss in Fashionista

In this swatch, I have shown you both colors side-by-side. If you've never tried a Color Presso, it's a pretty neat package. Both colors are side-by-side and you can either squeeze one at a time, or both at the same time and mix the colors together (please note, in the pic above, the darker shade looks a lot more red than it is in real life. It's actually more of a deep magenta in real life).


And here's what it looks like when you mix the two colors together. So pretty! And surprising not too gritty on the lips considering how much microglitter is in both glosses. Oh, and did I mention that these glosses smell and taste like buttercream frosting? Yeah, they do. :)

L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments in Progressive

Um, WOW. I had heard that these loose pigments were super pigmented but I just didn't expect them to be THIS pigmented. Color me impressed! and I'm happy to report that the accompanying brush is pretty darn decent as well! I'm loving this.

So do you own any of the products mentioned in this post? Are you thinking about hitting up the CVS beauty clearance sale again (assuming you've already done some damage in the past few weeks)? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I used to love my Color Presso! I had it in Posh and loooovvveeed it! The color and scent were heavenly.
    The only drawback is that when the prduct gets low, it's almost impossible to squeeze it all out. It get trapped in the little corners and curves and you end up wasting a lot of it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so so jealous AGAIN of everyone who lives near a CVS! Walgreens needs to have an awesome beauty sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought progressive on clearance too and i'm equally impressed. I also bought a teal pigment that was not very pigmented, so I guess the quality varies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to get a Sally Hansen lipstick, but I already have Baby Pink & Perfect Pink, which are like the lightest colors. Soft Orchid looks too dark for me and I wanted to get Sunburst ... But, I restrained myself. Why get a lipstick just b/c it's on clearance?
    I was looking at the L'Oreal glosses too, but didn't get it - I read reviews on MUA that it's horrible

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally cleaned UP when it came to the Carmindy lipsticks. I think I bought 6! I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Sally Hansen lipsticks! Rose Bloom is my absolute favorite. It's a nice pinkish berry that even us olive skinned gals can wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the Carmindy lipstick too! I really like it. I just discovered that you can print a $2 coupon (twice) from the Sally Hansen Carmindy web site, so I'm going back to pick out another color or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i didn't haul any HiP because i'm on a mission to use up some stuff and i've bought a lot of sale stuff recently. i own two or three HiP pigments and have found them to be consistently awesome. one's brown with blue glitters (i wear it sparingly except for summer rock concerts) and the other one i can recall is green with gold glitters.

    i did however but a Revlon lipstick at full price and Revlon Colorstay Active for 75% off (plus revlon was BOGO50%) and a L'Oreal Infallible concealer which was 75% off.

    the good news is, i LOVE all three products.

    the bad news is, i don't know if i will be able to handle buying them at retail (unless they get discontinued...is that related to the 75% sales?) but i might have to because the foundation and concealer are AMAZING. (and i've been addicted to L'Oreal TruMatch for so long i never went looking for any changes, but whoa!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a few of the Sally Hansen lipsticks as well, and liked them so much I went back for more! The L'Oreal coupons also did well by me and I had a Revlon coupon as well. All in all, I think I spent about $35 after coupons and came away with ten lipsticks, two mascaras, concealer and foundation, two eyebrow pencils, four eyeliners and an eye pencil sharpener.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your reviews. i went to DT because of you and racked up on LA Colors nail polish. One color I had been ordering on line and found it. I got 3 lol!

    I also got SH lip gloss from CVS. I kicked myself when I got home and found the $1 off coupon in my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lyssachelle: Oh wow, that never even occurred to me, but looking at the packaging I can totally see how that would happen. Good thing I only paid two bucks for it then! lol! Plus I really love the color, fragrance and feel of this gloss. :D

    In Her Makeup Bag: Awww, I wish you had a CVS near you, honey! :(

    PCS: Verrrrry interesting. Thanks for the scoop on that, love! :)

    cjx3pooh: I haven't read many reviews about the Color Presso glosses but, personally, I am LOVING the one I bought. So you never know...you might want to give it a try while it's just a few bucks, but that's if you can find a shade that might work for you.

    Laura: SO JEALOUS! :)

    dangerkitty: Argh!! I had Rose Bloom in my basket and then put it back at the last minute thinking it might be too bright. I've gotta go back now. Great. Thanks. lol! :D

    Alora: OMG, you are THE BEST!!! I want another one of these lippies so badly (see above) and now I can get one! YAY!!!! Thank you so much! xo

    beautifulmonday: You SCORED!!! Congrats on not only getting a great deal, but finding some goodies that you love and that really work for you. That's the best thing ever when it comes to clearance sales. :)

    Jules: WOW, you scored big time!! I am very impressed! Congrats on all the great goodies! And I'm so glad I'm not alone in my love for these SH lipsticks! :D

    Enamel Girl: Thank you, honey!! I am so happy you were able to find those LA Colors polishes at your DT! Yay!!!! And oh, don't you hate it when you make a purchase and forget you had a coupon for it? That's the worst! :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig