Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spotted at Big Lots!

I really hit the jackpot at my local Big Lots yesterday, so I wanted to post some pics of the great deals that I spotted in case you have a Big Lots in your area and you'd like to try to hunt these down. There are tons of great name-brand goodies at excellent prices at Big Lots right now, so let's get started!
(click any image to enlarge)

Remember these Sally Hansen mini polish sets that I first showed you back in November at Walgreens (I think it was November...)? They were holiday sets that retailed for $4.99, but now they're at Big Lots for just $2! Whoo hoo!

Well I'll be darned. These are the Maybelline Eyeshadow Singles that I talked about last week (click here for my review of Cinnamon Spice). As you can see, these say "New Formula" and the color on the right is the exact shade I just reviewed after purchasing at CVS. I purchased this during a 40% off sale and I used a coupon, and now I'm regretting wasting that coupon because the exact same shade with the new formulation is now just $1 at Big Lots.

Here are some Limited Edition WnW lip sets for just $3.

I remember paying about $6 for one of these Sally Hansen tinted lip balms when they first came out. Now Big Lots has packs of two for just $2.

I was shocked to spot these Nature's Gate Rainwater Organics body lotions in various scents for just $1.50. I think I've seen these at my local natural food store for $9.99 each.

If you're an Olay skincare fan, get your booty on over to Big Lots ASAP because there is a TON of Olay stuff available right now. Everything is either $10 or $7, which I think is at least half the retail price for these.

These "Vanilla Creams" Lip Smackers caught my eye. I had never seen these in regular stores and the balms themselves are swirled (like ice cream!). The flavors in each pack are Strawberries & Cream, Cookies & Cream and Bubblegum Vanilla. Sounds delish! Have you tried these?

This is the first time I've ever spotted Burt's Bees at Big Lots! Lip Shimmers for $3 each.

I also spotted 4-packs of various Burt's Bees goodies for $6.50 each.

Are you a fan of the Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser? You can snag a new one along with a pack of their famous Oil Absorbing Sheets for $12.

I also spotted other Clean & Clear skincare products for $3 each, and also a few boxes of Neutrogena Cracked Heel Treatment (I've used this in the past and really liked it). I believe this was $2, which is a really good deal.

Tons of Biore skincare for $3 each.

OMG, I remember last spring, this Lime Coolada lotion by Hawaiian Tropics was all the rage! Now it's at Big Lots for $4 (these are huge bottles). I believe this retailed at CVS last summer for $7.99.

Despite all these temptations, I was very good yesterday and walked out with just the things I planned on buying (Zip Lock baggies and a new bottle of this, for just $2!).

Have you been to your local Big Lots lately? What have you spotted? Let us know in the comments!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. i swear you read my mind, lady! lol! i just found a Big Lots near my workplace but i have never been to one before, so i was hesitant to go. your posts about the awesome scores you get there have tipped the balance and i am going on my lunch break tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i wish there was a big lots closer to me. are you part of the buzzclub rewards program there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. I wish my big lots wasn't so ghetto and in the middle of a gang infested area. I like saving a buck but not at the risk of my own safety. Awesome deals at you BL!
    LMAO at the word verification for this comment "Panick"
    I would "Panick" if I went to the big lots in my area because it's so dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifulmonday: We are psychically linked. lol!! So of course you must tell me what you're able to spot/purchase at your Big Lots (unless I can read your mind and figure it out on my own tomorrow afternoon). ;-)

    muffin: Yep. I've actually talked about the Buzzclub many times here on Nouveau Cheap, urging all Big Lots shoppers to sign up ASAP because their coupons are great! :)

    Elvira: Ahhh darn! I'm sorry your Big Lots is in a rough neighborhood. Is there another location in maybe a nearby town that's in a better community? I have a few here in SD that are in scary parts of town, but then other locations that are in really nice parts of town. Shoot, now that I think about it, there are Big Lots all OVER San Diego! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh too bad there aren't any Big Lots near me, I really want to go after seeing this post! Sally Hansen, Burt's Bees, and Maybelline? I'm so jealous and don't know how you were able to resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to go check out all my big lots :)


    nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your local biglots has a lot of stuff. I went to mine and they didnt really have much. The sales lady told me to come back next week :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. beachbumbeauty13: I know! I just about screamed when I saw all these goodies, especially since there's been a real dry spell lately at my local Big Lots. I wish you had a BL near you too, darnit! :)

    rmcandlelight: Definitely! Can't wait to see what you find. :)

    Kate: I need to try this!! Did you buy it last year? I wanted it so bad last summer but it never seemed to go on sale. But since it's now at Big Lots I think I need to get it. :)

    Becky: I would definitely keep checking back, honey. I had hear reports of these goodies several weeks ago, but my Big Lots just seemed to get everything this week. So I think it takes a while for their inventory to hit all locations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went Saturday and nothing. I dont know why I never get anything good. However, my mother did break a vase in there and they didnt make her pay for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorepink: lol!! I'm so happy they didn't make her pay! :) And also, I would seriously try checking back again next week. These new shipments are coming in at different times all over the country. Keep checking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are the expiration dates on those skincare items like? I like going to outlet stores to find discount skincare goods, but they are usually close to the exp. date. :( Just wondering if these seemed fresh or not...(esp curious about the Olay goods.)

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What?! How do you find all these goodies at big lots. My local big lots is complete chaos and has hardly any of this stuff haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tried the creams lipsmackers, I found them at the dollar tree at some point last year. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't leave my lips with a white tint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angel: I didn't actually check the expiration date on the skincare products, but I did happen to see the expiration on some of the body lotions and they were all 2011 dates. I think these products are brand new inventory for Big Lots so they *should* be fine. But I would definitely check the dates on the products at your Big Lots location just to be safe (I actually got into the habit of checking expiration dates on *everything* because, even my local grocery stores sometimes keep food products on the shelves after their expiration date and I've been burned too many times...now I *always* check everything before I buy it!). Thanks! :)

    Sarah: Oh believe me, my Big Lots are chaotic too, but it truly pays to stop in once a week because when these types of goodies hit shelves, they rarely last more than one week before they're wiped out. Definitely try to pop in on weekly basis and I'll bet you find some gems. :) xo

    PB: Ooooh, thank you!! And how were the flavors? :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopefully one of my local Big Lots will get in this new haul of goodies :)
    I've tried some of the Creams Lipsmackers. From what I recall they were tasty but one or two were slightly "off", but I always get this incredibly nasty preservative taste from ALL twist-up tube Lipsmackers, so I'm positive my perception of the taste is not accurate.

    ninarapoll@gmail.com

    P.S. My captcha code has me laughing... it came up as "poutdog", which I am finding hilarious for no reason at all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you hit the jackpot lol i dont think there is a big lots here where i live. i will have to look.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig