Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 11, 2010

A hand sanitizer that doesn't dry out your hands (seriously)

I am the self-appointed queen of hand sanitizers. I have a huge bottle right on my living room coffee table (not too attractive, I know, but it's convenient!), I have a bottle in the cup-holder of my car, I have two mini bottles in my purse at all times (an active bottle and a spare), and I make sure that my friends and family members always have a bottle readily available when they need one. And let's not even get started with Mr. Recessionista. I "installed" one in his car, and I am constantly popping mini bottles into the side pockets of his messenger bag (it used to bug him but now he just laughs).

Side note: Please don't leave a comment here saying that too much anti-bac does more harm than good. I totally am aware of this and I actually reserve using anti-bac for specific instances like before I eat, or if I've just used a public restroom, etc. I assure you I'm not one of those people who anti-bacs before every single move they make in life (but I do understand that urge!).

SO, I can tell you with some level of authority that I know what it feels like to have dry, shriveled up "anti-bac hands" throughout most of the day. It's not fun, but what's the alternative, right? I've tried various lotion-type anti-bacs and well, they always seem to have kind of a funky feeling to them (for me at least).

So honestly, I jumped at the chance to receive a bottle of Infectiguard Hand Sanitizer With Moisturizer recently for review, because this is the one type of formula I had yet to experience first hand (pun intended).

Infectiguard Hand Sanitizer With Moisturizer (retail: $2.99, 8 oz)

This first thing I noticed with this anti-bac is its white, milky color. Make no mistake, this does NOT have a lotion-like consistency. It's a thin gel just like 99% of the other clear sanitizers on the market today. But what makes this sanitizer totally different than all the others is the feeling it gives your hands when you apply it. I swear to you, it glides on the skin and feels instantly different than its clear-gel counterparts. And when you've finished rubbing it onto your hands, your hands feel soft and silky. Honestly, soft AND silky. I've been using this for a few weeks now whenever I'm in my car, and I am constantly surprised that I don't have the urge to apply hand lotion 5 minutes after I use it (which always happens when I use my regular clear gels).

The best way I can explain this sanitizer is like this: you know that feeling your hands get about 20 minutes after you've applied hand cream? How you no longer really feel the hand cream on your skin but your hands just feel more moisturized than they before you used your hand cream? THAT'S the feeling I get from this sanitizer! For lack of a better word, this stuff is awesome. It's as simple as that.

Now, I do want to warn those of you who are sensitive to fragrance that this one's got a fragrance that some could perceive as strong. And it's not the usual "aloe" scent that you find in so many hand sanitizers these days. To my nose, this smells like the original Oil of Olay moisturizer. It's slightly floral, slightly clean, and for me, absolutely comforting. I personally love it, but your mileage may vary so I just wanted to put that out there. (If it helps, Mr. Recessionista didn't gag when he used it. That may not sound like a ringing endorsement, I know, but coming from him that's a pretty big deal. Ha!)

And in case you were wondering, here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Ethyl Alcohol (62%) (Antiseptic)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice


My fellow anti-bac connoisseurs, I am absolutely loving this stuff and if you suffer from "anti-bac hands" and lotion-type anti-bacs just aren't cutting it for you, I highly recommend Infectiguard Hand Sanitizer With Moisturizer. I think you might be surprised at how wonderful your hands feel after you use it.

Infectiguard products can be purchased online at Drugstore.com or click here for a list of retail locations near you. I would also like to add that I think it's pretty darn wonderful to see that Infectiguard has donated 50,000 surgical masks and 5,000 bottles of hand sanitizer to the relief efforts in Haiti.

Have you used any Infectiguard products? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This sounds just like my beloved Bath and Body Works Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer gel that was discontinued around 2 years ago? Maybe 1? I was so devastated. I haven't found a sanitizer like it since. It didn't leave my hands sticky, and didn't dry out my hands like it's deep cleansing counterpart. :( I wish they would start selling it again, instead, there's those weird foamy ones that also leave my hands sticky.

    Uh...I'm ranting. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariana: Wow, I barely remember that BBW formula, but I can confirm that this doesn't make my hands sticky AT ALL. Just smooth and silky. I seriously love it. Let me know what you think if you try it, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I personally thought this sanitizer stank :( I'll have to pay attention to how it makes my hands feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dominique: I'm sorry that the fragrance isn't working out for you. Like I said in my review, to me it smells like the original formula Oil of Olay, which is really comforting to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an FYI/PSA sorta thing. I saw (and picked this up after remembering seeing it on your blog) at Big Lots. Not a huge discount (it's marked $2 there) but hey, I can't complain about a buck discount and not having to order it from online. They had a ton at mine. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig