Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 10, 2010

How I made 26 cents at Rite Aid today...

I don't know about you, but I am really embracing my inner bargain queen these days! Well, I guess I always have, but lately I've really been trying to maximize my savings and I'm so inspired by all of you who share your stories of how you snagged great deals by using coupons, waiting for sales and taking advantage of rebates (and it's extra awesome when you do all three at the same time!).

So because of all of you, I would like to share how I actually scored two beauty products today that I've been wanting for a long time, and I ended up MAKING money in the process! Yeah, it was only 26 cents, but money's money, right? I hope this little story inspires you to find your inner bargain queen and snag some fun goodies for yourself, while still being kind to your wallet!

I was at my local Rite Aid and I noticed that Psssssst Dry Shampoo was on sale (sale price: $3.49, regular price: $5.99). Well, I have been wanting to try this product forever (I'm kind of obsessed with dry shampoos, if you haven't figured that out by now) but I never wanted to pay $6 for it. After looking at the can a little more closely, I spotted a "Try Me Free" rebate sticker stuck to the lid of the can. YES!

Psssssst Dry Shampoo: FREE AFTER REBATE

Next, I took a stroll through the makeup aisle and saw that Rite Aid still has their clearance going (tons of Prestige, Sally Hansen and NYC stuff is 75% off). I remembered that I snagged a few $1 off any NYC product coupons from the Shock Value display a few days ago, so a light bulb went off in my head! I have always wanted to try those NYC Lip Sliders tinted lip balms, but I need another lip balm like a hole in the head, so I could never bring myself to buy one. But the Lip Sliders are now on clearance at Rite Aid (I think they're discontinuing them) so I popped the last remaining Lip Slider (Sugar Angel) in my basket without thinking twice about it. By combining my $1 coupon with the clearance price of 74 cents (regularly $2.99) I MADE 26 cents!

NYC Lip Slider in Sugar Angel: FREE + RITE AID PAID ME 26 CENTS


I am very excited to see how this dry shampoo stacks up against my beloved Batiste Dry Shampoo (I hope it works better for me than the TREsemme did!). I didn't realize that Freeman Labs makes Psssssst (that's the address on the rebate sticker) and I also didn't realize that this product is an Allure Beauty Editors' Choice Award winner. So please check back because I will definitely review this one.


Oh and by the way, I finally spotted the other drugstore dry shampoo that so many of you have told me about: Salon Grafix Dry Shampoo. I was happy to see that Rite Aid now carries this, but it was $7.99 so I didn't pick it up. If you've tried Salon Grafix Dry Shampoo, I'd love to know what you think of it!

And one more thing: Drugstore Divas' tagline about toothpaste also inspired me today! I clipped a 75 cent coupon for any Crest toothpaste out of a recent Red Plum mailer, and today I noticed that Rite Aid had a display for the new Crest 3D White line with a big promotion and rebate going on (I know, I know, I have previously made fun of how Crest is jumping on the whole 3D thing, but toothpaste is toothpaste and a deal is a deal, so it didn't stop me!).

Rite Aid currently has a sale going on for tubes of Crest 3D White (regularly $3.79, on sale for $2.99) plus they also have a $2 Single Check Rebate for Crest 3D White right now (sorry, I just checked RiteAid.com and it looks like this offer is only valid for California residents). So combining the sale price with my 75-cent off coupon and the $2 rebate, I snagged a tube of Crest 3D White for a whopping 24 cents!

So I should clarify that when all is said and done, all three of the products I mentioned in this post won't cost me a thing, and I will end up with 2 extra pennies in my pocket when I receive my rebates. :)

I have to stress that when you're going through your junk mail, Sunday newspaper and favorite printable coupon websites, don't be afraid to clip coupons for things that might not be a part of your normal shopping routine. Even if you're semi-interested in a particular brand or product, you never know when a killer deal might pop up, and you could very well end up getting the product for free, or for just a few pennies. Like I mentioned before, I had made fun of the name "Crest 3D" when I first saw it, but heck, it might be a great product and I only had to pay 24 cents for it! So now I'm really happy I clipped that coupon and that I had it in my purse today.

I hope this post inspires you to get out there and buy your Sunday paper tomorrow and start clipping away. You never know what great sale might be around the corner and I want you to be ready for it!

Happy coupon clipping (tomorrow)!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. What an awesome find! :) I love drugstore deals! Especially clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drugstore deals are awesome. :D A week or so ago I got some Dove shampoos and conditioners at Walgreens, and by combining coupons, sales, and Register Rewards, I ended up getting paid $2 for each of them, with the Register Rewards.

    And tonight I took one of those buy one get one free Physicians Formula coupons to CVS (they say they're for Target, but they're manufacturers coupons, so other stores can accept them if they want to), and found those bonus packs of the powder foundation you reviewed. So I got a powder foundation, a bronzer, and two tubes of tinted moisturizer for like $17 after tax, AND it gave me back a $7 Extra Care Bucks on my reciept. So like $10 for $60 worth of products!

    There's going to be a good deal on those new Dial body washes this week too, between coupons and Extra Bucks.

    Also, my roommate loves the Pssst dry shampoo. I don't think it smells that good, but I think you could use some other perfume (I think he uses body spray or something) over it really quick. Anyway, it does a decent job and making his hair look less oily when he wakes up too late for a shower (he has long, thick hair, so it gets greasy pretty quickly).

    Oh, and I like the Crest 3D toothpaste. I like the scrubby stuff in it. It makes my teeth feel super clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi if you're interested in free or cheap drugstore makeup deals, check out my site. I'm REALLY into bargains haha! Great blog btw. Everytime I look up a beauty product on googleimages, I seem to click on your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did a great job! My red plum never has good coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great when you can actually MAKE money by getting stuff at the drugstore. I have to share my Walgreens score today. They have Tresemme on sale for 3/10 this week. I checked online and was able to print out THREE coupons for $2 off 1 Tresemme FreshStart product (the dry shampoos!). I snagged two of the tresemme dry shampoo's and one tresemme waterless foam shampoo. I paid a total of $4 for all 3! So it ended up being 3 for $4, not 3 for $10. The Tresemme coupon can be found here: http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=xs&tqnm=zdafeum6209999&o=62586&c=TR&p=%20PuZt8je0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainy Days and Lattes: First, I love your screen name! :) And thanks--I'm glad you enjoy these kinds of finds too! xo

    Hana: OMG, your comment left me speechless. You go, girl!! Congrats on those amazing deals, and please tell me where you got the PF coupons? Are they on the Target site? Thanks hun! And thanks too, for the tip about Psssssst!

    PS: Thanks! I'll definitely check it out!

    PCS: I am SO bummed that Red Plum differs from region to region. That really, truly sux. :(

    CD: Thanks, sweetie! :)

    Tiff: Yay for coupons! lol! :)

    L: OMG, you SCOOOOORED!! That is AWESOME! And thank you so much for the tip on that coupon. If that darn TRESemme dry shampoo had worked for me, I would so be stocking up right now. But maybe i can try the hair refresher since you graciously shared the coupon deets. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg L, thanks for the coupon link!

    I'm very curious how you will like the psssst. I just got it today after I noticed it was mail in rebate free! The sale tag said 3.49 or something but it rang up as $1.99! This was at walgreens. So if you like it hurry and do a review so all the ladies can get this deal too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig