Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Odds 'n' Ends

Happy Saturday, lovelies! I've got a few bits of info I'd like to share with you today, so let's get started!

1) I want to thank my wonderful reader, Hannah, for pointing out something very valuable regarding the post I wrote yesterday about how Zappos.com is now selling beauty products. She kindly reminded me that Zappos.com always features free shipping on every order! Um, WOW! I had totally forgotten about that! So what they lack in low prices, they definitely make up in no shipping fees! For example, if you can't get to a Stila counter (or don't like to be pressured by sales associates--not saying all sales associates pressure customers, but it does happen) then you can definitely use Zappos.com as a way to get your high-end fix the next time you're willing to pay full retail price for a beauty product. Of course by now you all know my favorite way to get high-end beauty products is via BeautyTicket.com, but I do understand that sometimes the lemming bug bites and you just have to have a certain product ASAP. For these instances, I just want you all to remember that Zappos.com is now a great option (and will be even better once they start selling MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc.!). Something to keep in mind, and thanks again, Hannah!

2) Last week I was given the I Love Your Blog award by the fabulous Beda over at Beda's Beauty Blog.


If you haven't checked out Beda's Beauty Blog in my blogroll, definitely stop by soon to see the amazing work she does! One of the things I love the most about Beda's blog is that her eye looks are so very inspiring (plus, she uses a lot of earthtones, which you KNOW I love). But the best part is that Beda is an absolute sweetheart of a woman, so I'm thrilled to support her blog in any way I can. Love ya, girlie! :)

And in my continued attempt to "pay it forward" I am now awarding this blog award to some of my all-time faves in the beauty blogging world. Please take a minute to check them out if you don't already follow them. (Note: All of these wonderful blogs are already in my blogroll, so you can always access them that way as well, but I think they all deserve some extra love today!):

ShakeupYourMakeup

A Beauty Junkie in London

Fresco Phyrra

Pink Sith

Lipstick Rules

Skin Deco

3) Lucky me! I received another blog award this week from the ever-stylish Miss Go Lightly, who actually runs a lovely retro-inspired lifestyle blog (if you've a fan of Audrey Hepburn, Morrissey, or all things vintage, definitely check out this fun blog!).


Since this award came from a blog that's not really beauty-specific, I'd like to take this opportunity to pay it forward and award it to other blogs I love, that don't focus on beauty. Please take a moment to check out these amazing blogs--the owners work very hard at what they do, and you never know, you could find a new favorite here (and if anything, enjoy the beautiful photographs!):

Anna The Red's Bento Factory
(Be SURE to check out her bento photo gallery--it will blow your MIND. And specifically, you must see her Where the Wild Things Are bento creations!)

Seasaltwithfood
(A drool-worthy blog full of original recipes with gorgeous photos.)

How About Orange?
(A design blog with beautiful images, DIY projects, links to free and beautiful things you can print and/or download, etc.)

Apostrophe Abuse
The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotations
(If you're a member of the grammar police you must check out both of these sites. Hilarious!)

Simply Hue
(Do your eyes ever crave soft, beautiful images? This blog is loaded with them, and the owner has an incredible eye for design. I use this as a peaceful escape when I'm stressed, and it provides me loads of inspiration at the same time.)

Enjoy your Saturday! :)
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I checked out Zappos website yesterday...free shipping makes purchases even sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out!! I'm definitely gonna have to check out the Stila on Zappos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CD: Hi honey! I haven't seen you in a while. Thanks for stopping by! And yes, free shipping is always a wonderful thing. :)

    Hannah: You are SO welcome! You ROCK for reminding me of their shipping policy and I think your comment is going to help (or hurt!) a lot of us. LOL! Free shipping is HARD to resist! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been around...I just haven't had much time but that will all change in a few weeks!!!! because the college semester is almost over yay! I can't wait!

    I will be back to blogging and commenting full time

    keep the great posts coming I'm still here reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have words to express how I feel after reading your words, thanks for the love and of course for the wonderful work you do. I've always loved the environment in your blog: happy, respectful and cheerful! *BIG HUG*

    So now I'm reading some of the blogs you posted. Simply Hue is eye candy for me. Of course, being the makeup addict I am, I watch the pics and think about all the colorful eyeshadows combinations that I could creat. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie: You are so welcome, honey! :)

    CD: I'm so glad to hear you're back and that the semester's almost over, which means we'll be seeing even more of you! Missed ya, gilie! :)

    Beda: You are soooo sweet! Thank you so much, honey. I try so hard to keep things happy and respectful here, and it means the world that you'd notice that. xo

    And I LOVE that Simply Hue is inspiring you to try some new makeup looks! I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig