Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 19, 2010

Here's exactly how to get your free (or close to free) NYC and Rimmel goodies...

OK, so I just got back from CVS and I tested out the coupons that I mentioned here (thanks again, Polished Beauty and Drugstore Divas!!) and I'm delighted to tell you that this system totally works! If you follow these steps, you'll get FREE NYC and Rimmel products this week:

1) As we all know by now, CVS is running BOGOFREE sales on both Rimmel and NYC products this week. So go to RedPlum and print out two of each coupon (or more if you plan on doing a major haul).

2) Go to CVS and select two products that are equal in price. For my test, I purchased these two NYC polishes (both $1.99 each):


3) When you pay for your goodies, give the cashier a coupon for EACH product (and be sure they scan your CVS card or you won't get the BOGOFREE!)

4) If you follow these steps, this should work, no problem! As you can see below, I made a penny during this transaction and only had to pay 16-cents (you'll notice that my sales tax was actually 17-cents):


This exact same process will work for Rimmel too! Now, of course, you will end up paying more if you buy products that retail for over $1.99, but the most important thing to note here is that you can get a dollar subtracted from EACH product you buy! If you purchase two products that retail for $3.99 each, you're only going to end up paying $2 TOTAL for BOTH of them (plus sales tax). Awesome!

And one word of advice: HURRY. The NYC display at my CVS was almost bare, and today's only the second day of the sale. Do not hesistate on this if you want these goodies because I promise you, if you wait until the end of the week, you won't have a good selection to choose from.

I hope this helps some of you who are looking to buy some new NYC and Rimmel stuff. And please be sure to tell me what you end up buying in the comments!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. How do you get a CVS card? Do you apply it at the store? online? How? After seeing all these good deals, I want to get it... but i don't have a card...

    Please email me at kavang16@gmail.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we use those Redplum coupons at Walgreens, too? I know the sales for Rimmel and NYC aren't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little confused. The NYC coupon says a product $1.72 or more but you're saying you bought the nail polishes that were .99 cents? Or were you saying the nail polishes were like .99 cents each after the bogo and before the coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so sure if this will work with Rimmel, because the Rimmel coupon says that only one coupon is redeemable per purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Per purchase just meant per item. :o

    ReplyDelete
  6. TLNHTRN- the nyc polish retails for $1.99 like it shows on the receipt. When she bought two during the bogo essentially they are then .99 each. So the coupon for $1 off a product of $1.72 will still work in this case. hope that helped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Stephanie for explaining~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm confused about your receipt. Those NYC Long Wearing nail polishes (in the colors Big Money Frost and Black Lace Creme)retail for $0.99 normally, yet the register rang them up as the more expensive NYC In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry n/p (in the colors Manhattan and Canal Street) which retail for $1.99. What's up with that? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms Ka: Go to your nearest CVS store and ask any of the cashiers. They'll explain in detail. :)

    S: Yes, of course! Red Plum coupons work at all retail locations. :)

    TLNHTRN: The polishes were $1.99. :)

    Jean: That's what the NYC coupons say too. But stores treat "purchase" as "product" and you can use one per item! :)

    Hana: Thanks hun! Exactly. :)

    Stephanie: Thanks so much for explaining that for me, sweetie! :D

    ivyguppy: OMG, you know what? I made two different transactions last night (which will completely explain everything) and I was in such a rush to post this last night that I put the wrong polishes in this post. Thank you for pointing this out--I did purchase In A NY Minute polishes in this transaction but I posted the wrong bottles in the picture. It will all make sense when I write my next post, but thanks for catching that! :)

    heyheyalina: I responded to your comment from earlier but then some of my readers have since informed me that your profile link leads to a dangerous website, so I had no choice to but to delete your comment altogether. If you need to contact me, please do it via email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, okay! I'll have to make sure to print out another coupon then! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks! i never knew you could use so many coupons at once!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jean: Definitely do that, and good luck! :)

    S: Yep. I actually didn't know that too, until I started blogging. Then I found out there are zillions of people who have been doing this for years! It kind of makes me sad, thinking about all the money I could have saved! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig