Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Part two of my CVS adventures...

After making a mistake in last night's post, I want to let you know that I have fixed the error and replaced the image of the two polishes with the actual polishes I purchased during that transaction. I purchased two In a New York Minute polishes (retail: $1.99 each) and used them in combination with the two $1 Red Plum coupons (btw, those coupons only work for products that retail for $1.72 or higher, so they wouldn't have even worked with the 99-cent products I originally showed you). When all was said and done, I paid nothing but sales tax for those two bottles of polish, and if you go to that review now, all the information is correct. Thanks to so many of you for pointing out the error in my original review!

Moving on to the second transaction I made last night...

For this transaction, I used the $5 off a $10 purchase from All You magazine and I used two of the Red Plum $1 Rimmel coupons:



This entire purchase = $3.96 + tax

Starting with the NYC goodies:

2 polishes: 99-cents each
2 polishes: $1.99 each
1 lipstick: $1.99
1 eyeshadow palette: $3.99

This equals $11.94 (remember, I needed to purchase $10 or more of NYC products to use the All You Coupon).

Subtract the savings from the BOGO free sale and we're down to $6.97

Now subtract the $5 coupon and we're down to $1.97!

Let's look at the Rimmel polishes now:

Two Rimmel polishes: $7.98 ($3.99 each)

Subtract the savings from the BOGOFREE sale and we're down to $3.99

Subtract the two Red Plum coupons and we're down to $1.99!

$1.97 + $1.99 = $3.96 for eight full-size products. :)

I hope these posts help some of you get a better idea of how you can maximize your savings during these BOGOFREE sales. It's an excellent opportunity to try some products that you've been curious about, without having to pay full retail price. Happy shopping!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Yea, it makes more sense now! Thanks for clearing this up~ Gahh I wuv BOGO sales, makes me so happy :3

    I read a hate comment on the last post and I'm like wtfreak, jealous much? What's wrong with saving money if they're gonna let you do it? You're right, if it was wrong, they wouldn't even let us use coupons to get stuff for free in the first place. But I do have to admit, sometimes I feel guilty so I would buy another item that I need but just not for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TLNHTRN: Glad I could clear that up for you! And regarding the comment from earlier, I usually do not delete comments like that--I enjoy responding them, actually! But in the case of that commenter, it was brought to my attention that her profile link led to a dangerous website, so I had to delete it completely. NOT cool at all, which only proves that this person was trying to do harm by posting here. I just won't stand for that, so that's why I deleted it. Not worth the time or energy.

    And I'm sorry you sometimes feel guilty for getting these deals! But honestly, I have tried using other coupons and the register rejects them automatically. So if someone didn't want these to work, they would have put an end to them long ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the polish picks but i have to warn you, i got that shadow palette in the fall and it's like using chalk on your lids. (even with a base.) so you might want to return that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to use your card to get the BOGO, or is it for anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your website and all the info you post about deals. Thanks to you I went to CVS last night and got a ton of nice NYC stuff and Rimmel stuff.

    That beige Rimmel nailpolis is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you.

    Just had to say that. I've been checking out your blog for ages (a year?) and am always shocked and delighted by the sales and coupons you post. Since getting the sunday paper I've been able to partake (and share) in the coupon love and you'd better believe I'm all over this one! There are at least two CVSs within a short driving distance of my house and I've already got the coupons from redplum. Awesome. :) Makes me feel way better about not finding something I wanted from the Urban Decay sale at Hautelook today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the multi-comment, but I've got a question about printing the coupons. My sister is using her printer to get them for me and she's saying how it will only let her print one of each? Even after logging in with separate accounts (we each have one). Is anyone else having that issue? How do we skirt it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifulmonday: Oooh that's good to know. I bought that palette primarily for the taupe color (I love finding cheapie taupes!) so I guess we'll see how it goes. :(

    beachbumbeauty13: Yes. I believe that ALL sales at CVS are only good for card members. hope that helps!

    I BLEED PINK: Awwww, thank you so much, honey! I really appreciate that. (And i love that Rimmel color too!). xo

    Sara: LOL! I love you right back! :) And I am thrilled that this blog has inspired you to clip coupons and watch for sales! It's actually a lot of fun once you get started, huh? Can't wait to hear what you end up getting! :)

    And about the coupons, I just hit my back button and it let me print them again. I'm sorry you're having issues--I don't know what you can do to fix that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried the Rimmel Steel Gray NP yet? I love it, but it does show up more taupe than gray (at least on me!). I'm kinda obsessed with that color right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon in All of You magazine. I picked up the magazine this morning and will be making a CVS run after work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, thanks! It turns out I won't even be in town the days I actually can get to CVS so oh well. At least I have some great coupons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. JenJen: Not yet, but I'm soooo curious to see how it compares to my Sally Hansen Commander in Chic, because in the bottle they're identical! I will definitely post some pics when I try it. Have you tried the Sally Hansen shade yet (since you're currently obsessed with greiges)? :)

    dangerkitty: You are so welcome, and please please let me know what you get, honey! :)

    beachbumbeauty13: You're welcome! And yes, even if you can't get to a CVS, those coupons are awesome to have (and use somewhere else!). :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig