Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 8, 2010

"New" Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Display

In the title of this post I put quotes around "New" because, well, Sally Hansen seems to be coming out with counter displays lately that may lead some of us to believe that they're introducing new shades to their Complete Salon Manicure line, however it's actually not the case. No problem at all if you already have access to the complete permanent collection at your local drugstore, Target, etc. But if you don't have the permanent display in your area yet, you may think that these new counter displays are offering new and/or limited edition colors. (This happened to me recently and I ended up rushing to buy a shade that turned out to be part of the permanent display--click here to see it).

So I wanted to give a heads-up and show you the newest counter display, and I'll also list the shades in this display so that you can see for yourself that these shades are actually a part of the permanent collection.


From left to right: Fired Up, Back to the Fuchsia, I Pink I Can, Yellow Kitty, Grass Slipper, Calypso Blue, Purple Pulse

I hope this helps some of you to avoid an impulse-purchase if you see these counter displays. The price of these polishes is bit high for a drugstore nail color, so I'm happy that we can all patiently wait for a good BOGOFREE sale and not have to stress about getting a limited edition color ASAP. To my knowledge, there are currently no limited edition shades in the Complete Salon Manicure collection (but we will be seeing the limited edition Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen shades this fall--click here for the details). Of course, if you HAVE seen any LE shades in your local drugstores, please leave a comment here and let us know!

All of the colors in the Complete Salon Manicure collection are just so darn pretty--I'm hoping we can all get them a good prices and avoid any type of stress while doing so. Hope this helped!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Yeah, I noticed this Saturday at my local Rite-aid. I have learned that these polishes are supposed to be formulated so that you don't need base or top coat...so if that is true, these aren't so expensive after all! Details at All Lacquered Up: http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2010/02/alu-nyfw-notd-challenge-day-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a purple shade from this line and have yet to use it. My untried basket needs some love =) I think it would be weird to not use base or topcoat so I think I will still use em once I get around to trying out my bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth: Actually, I tried that approach when they first came out (I did a review of them when I first spotted the display back in December 09) and it totally did NOT work for me in terms of taking the place of a base and top coat. They shine just wasn't there after a day, and also the texture, for me, wasn't bullet-proof enough (I got hair marks, etc. on my nails that I wouldn't have had if I had used a traditional top coat). So, in my humble opinion, you TOTALLY need a base coat and top coat with these, but once you use those, they do have great staying power. So I don't think the $8 price is justified at all...but that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tropical Mind: Your instincts are great, because check out what I just said to Elizabeth (above)! I really didn't like this formula at all w/o a base and top coat, and I've heard the same complaint from others over the past few months. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be hard for me not to use a base coat and topcoat, but I would try it once. I'm waiting on these to go BOGO at one of the drugstores so I can get some of the colors! I really want some of them but I dont like the price. Once I saw some for 6 dollars at Wal Mart but I try and avoid that store any time I can. They may be on sale at Alberstons for 5 bucks and some change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorepink: Yeah, it totally did not work for me without both, but who knows...you could have better luck maybe? Man, my Albertsons doesn't even have a SH display. Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen a third SH display at a local Walgreens that was named either "Classics" or "Classic Reds" and consists of some french manicure shades and some traditional reds; I unfortunately didn't write down which shades at the time I saw the display. Hopefully it'll be there the next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rite Aid is having a BOGO 50% off on Sally Hansen next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ninara: Interesting. I have yet to see that one! I've only seen the one in this post, the original (larger display) and another small display that focused on the metallics and earthtones. Thanks for the info, honey! :)

    PCS: SWEET! Thanks for the heads-up, hun!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig