Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 12, 2010

Major news for Pantene and Got2B fans...

Wow, first it was Sunsilk (click here for Sunsilk's makeover news) and now Pantene and Got2Be are joining the repackaging/redesign game this year!


Procter & Gamble will be repackaging all Pantene shampoos and conditioners into "more colorful bottles, while styling products will have a metallic look".

The most important news, for all of you die-hard Pantene fans, is that Procter & Gamble will be reducing the Pantene collections down from 14 to 8, so if you have a holy grail product that you love from Pantene, read on:

The new Pantene line includes Fine Hair Solutions, which offers three versions: Flat to Volume, Dry to Moisturized and Fragile to Strong. For medium-thick hair, there’s Medium-Thick Hair Solutions in four versions: Frizzy to Smooth, Breakage to Strength, Dry to Moisturized and Flat to Volume. For curly hair, there’s a Curly Hair Series in two versions: Curls to Straight and Dry to Moisturized. For color-treated hair, there’s Color Hair Solutions in six versions: Color Preserve Shine, Volume, Smooth, Blonde Expressions, Highlighting Expressions and Brunette Expressions.

I am personally nervous because one of my very favorite products by Pantene is their Restoratives Anti-Breakage conditioner, and I can't tell from this info if they're scrapping the entire Restoratives line or not. Just in case, I might start stocking up!


Next up, here's the scoop on Got2B's new look. Warning: if you love the look of the current Go2B products, stock up on them now because the packaging is about to receive a major makeover. But it doesn't appear that they're actually discontinuing any products--they're just repackaging:

Drugstore hair styling brand göt2b has gotten a makeover. Hitting shelves this month comes a new look for the brand.

The core line along with signature lines— smooth operator, fat-tastic, guardian angel, 2sexy and glued—now all have a unified, modern look, according to the company. Each mousse and spray will have a similar shape and look, no matter the line, so that the brand is instantly recognizable.

Also, each product is now packaged in brushed silver canisters for a more unified effect, said the company.


(All info courtesy of Happi.com)

So, ladies and gentleman, how do we feel about all this makeover madness in the drugstore haircare aisle this year??
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Hmmm, sounds like they are dropping the line for relaxed hair as well. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want to say, i've been reading your blog (checking it daily!) for a while now. thanks for all your hard work and i look forward to checking for updates!!

    so..i will let you know, i'm a beauty adviser (not the one that was mentioned in a previous post) at walgreens and there will be some promotional miniature sizes of pantene coming in March. they will be sold at the cosmetics counter and i do believe they may be featuring the new line in a trial size form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed the Relaxed and Natural line from Pantene is getting harder to find (especially the Breakage Defense conditioner/masque that used to come in a jar and is now in a tube), I *really* hope it's not discontinued! The Breakage Defense conditioner is one of the few I can use on my hair that helps smooth it, control frizz, make it super-easy to comb, and doesn't provoke an allergic reaction (most Pantene products do). I think I will literally cry if it is discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! My personal Pantene of choice is the Beautiful Lengths collection, which has done wonders for helping me grow out and tame my problematic frizzy/curly hair. It looks like I'm going to have to start hording the economy size shampoo & conditioner.

    As far as got2b goes, if the images on their site currently are the 'new' packaging it doesn't look like all that much has changed. I'm comparing my bottle of Smooth Operator smoothing lustre lotion to what they have posted, and as far as I can see the only difference is a new dispenser nozzle and a slight tweaking of the name (Smooth'N'Chic smoothing lotion). But maybe this is just an in-between phase? I'll pick up a few extra just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work at Walgreens and our Pantene Restoratives products were clearanced yesterday, along with some other Pantene products. You might want to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the texturize moussing foam wax. I already can't find it in my local stores anymore, so I am sure it is going to get discontinued. It is so sad. I think I am cursed, lol. Everytime I fall in love with a hair product it is discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bianca: I don't want to say for sure, but it looks like it to me too. :(

    Anon: Thank you so much for the kind words, and I LOOOOVE it when beauty advisors post here!! We are so lucky to be able to get inside scoops on drugstore deals from people like you, so thank you VERY much for the heads-up on Pantene. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for those mini bottles. :)

    NinaraPoll: I'm afraid it doesn't look good for either of our faves, so all I can say is, stock up while you can (and check Big Lots because we might start to see a huge crop of Pantene products start to emerge there any day now). :(

    mythosidhe: Yep, definitely start checking Big Lots for your faves because I have a feeling they're going to start showing up in droves at Big Lots stores across the nation pretty soon. As for Got2B, I think you got an in-between bottle because according to that article, all of the bottles are changing to metal bottles and they won't look *anything* like the current designs. :)

    Stargirl: Thanks so much for the inside scoop, honey. This is VERY sad news for me, but it's great to know I can get my Restoratives conditioner at a very good price while it's still around. :(

    Annette: I'm so sorry--this happens to me ALL the time as well. I just don't understand why sometimes it seems like manufacturers don't even give a product that much time to build up popularity before they take it away from us. It's almost as if it has to be a HUGE success or it's gone in a few months. :( Anyway, definitely start checking Big Lots for your foam wax. That's all I can say at this point. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig