Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Attention Sunsilk fans: I've got HUGE news for you!

I've mentioned my love of Sunsilk products on Nouveau Cheap many times, and today I've got some BIG news for you about new products, as well as discontinued products, so definitely keep reading if you'd like the scoop.

First let's start with the sad news. One of my favorite lines from Sunsilk, the Waves of Envy collection, is being discontinued. The good news is that we'll probably see these products start to pop up at places like Big Lots, so definitely pick up some bottles if you spot them and you'd like to stock up.

While this news does sadden me, I don't think I'll be feeling blue for long because check this out:

Sunsilk® is re-launching with new formulas and packaging co-created by Paris-born Teddy Charles, one of the fashion industry’s most notable and cutting edge hairstylists [his clients include celebrities such as Nicole Richie and Elisha Cuthbert--R.]. Sunsilk partnered with Teddy to capture his expertise in a bottle and infuse his vision and creativity in the fashion-forward brand’s new line-up. The hair expert co-created four new advanced Sunsilk formulas, including shampoos, conditioners and cremes to help women achieve his must-have runway looks at home.

In addition to Teddy Charles breathing new life into Sunsilk products, all Sunsilk products are receiving a fabulous new makeover, inside AND out. Not only has the packaging changed, but the products themselves have been reformulated and improved as well. Here are the deets:

The Hydra TLC collection (pictured above) brings relief to thirsty hair, providing moisture to combat roughness, split ends and flyaways for a picture-perfect base.

· Formula with Milk Protein and Honey helps hydrate hair, prevent split ends and chronic flyaways and strengthens hair without causing product build-up.

· Sunsilk Hydra TLC Styling Creme works with Sunsilk Hydra TLC Shampoo and Conditioner to provide extra moisture to help tame and smooth rough ends.

The Daring Volume products (pictured above) transform hair from blah to body, providing fine hair bounce and oomph that’s fit for the runway.

· Formula with Collagen Blend with amino acids strengthens and moisturizes hair, and fortifies without weighing hair down. Ideal for color-treated hair.

The Captivating Curls collection (pictured above) adds definition to curls and tames unruly frizz, giving curly-haired women the chance to steal the spotlight.

· Formula with Rosemary and Chamomile smoothes and calms hair to fight frizz.
· Captivating Curls Styling Creme keeps frizz at bay with the right amount of conditioning that won’t weigh curls down.

The ThermaShine collection brings sleekness to runway-worthy looks and provides shine to heat damaged hair, leaving it soft and healthy looking.

· Formula with Elastyn-E boosts shine and protects hair.

Average price per unit for shampoo, conditioner and cremes is $5.00. All products are available at Walmart and Drugstore.com. For more information about Sunsilk, please visit www.sunsilk.us.

I don't know about you, but I am pretty darn excited to try these new and improved products from Sunsilk! Please check back soon because I'll be reviewing both the Captivating Curls collection and the Hydra TLC collection in the very near future.

In the meantime, how do you feel about this new makeover?
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I absolutely love Sunsilk, but I have such a hard time finding their products lately! They don't sell them at any of the Walgreens or CVS stores near me (even though they USED to carry Sunsilk!). Even my Walmart only carries very few selected products. But hopefully Sunsilk will become much more available after this fabulous makeover! However, I am a little disappointed that the straightening line isn't included... Do you know if it's going to be discontinued? The straightening conditioner and straightening cream are the only products that work for me. I'm still rationing out the last drops from the bottles I bought half a year ago... =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita!
    Thanks for being a Sunsilk fan! I work with the brand. You can find the products at Walmart or drugstore.com. Hope this helps!
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH!! first acapulco glow, now waves of envy?? discontinuing two of my HG products...I love the gel/cream twist. it's the only thing that could tame my crazy hair. No wonder I was having so much trouble finding it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be great! I heard about this from someone who was using the products, I was seriously jealous! LOL I think she was from the UK maybe? Anyway, I LOVE Sunsilk. It's a really wonderful, affordable brand, and I can't wait to see what these new products are like, plus I'm excited to check Big Lots for these older ones! YAY! Thanks for the info =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you wouldn't have changed the original Pink bottle Sunsilk hydra TLC. I am not at all impressed with the new product....the smell,the way it leaves my hair(flyaway-feeling not soft like the original Sunsilk hydra TLC)acutually my whole family feels the same way..it's too bad. Now i have to find some OTHER product :-{ Plzzzz bring back the original very upset8-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita: As Jillian mentioned (thanks, Jillian!) these new products should be at Walmart now, and I checked drugstore.com and they're definitely available there as well. And I hate to break it to you, but the Straightening line is going bye-bye as well (the products I mentioned in this review are the *entire* line). So definitely stock up if you see them at Big Lots (I have a feeling all of the old stuff is going to show up there soon). I hope that helps!

    Jillian: Thanks so much! :)

    Airi: Awwww, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news (twice!). I loved the gel/cream too, and since I have curly/wavy hair I will definitely let you know what i think of the new Captivating Curls creme when I get it, ok? And definitely check Big Lots for the other stuff--like I mentioned earlier, I have a feeling those products will start to show up at Big Lots ASAP. :)

    Cynthia: I'm so glad you're as excited as I am about these newly reformulated products! :) And yep, I think a lot of us will be taking a trip to B.L. to see what we can find! lol.

    Anon: I think you may be a bit confused--I am NOT Sunsilk, I'm just a blogger who's offering readers this new information. I'm sorry that you don't seem to be enjoying the new TLC products, but maybe you might have better luck with something else from this line, such as the Captivating Curls collection? Those products are geared toward eliminating frizzies, so they could possibly help with your flyaway-hair problem as well. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh.
    Still no chance of my favorite hair product ever being brought back. The hydra TLC multi-symptom masque. Best hair product I have EVER used. Thank god I have like 5 or 6 jars hoarded away because it's long gone, apparently.

    Sunsilk also discontinued my brunette color booster that I love dearly and am almost out of. -_-

    Time to scour big lots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw these at Wal-Mart last night and I wondered if I would like them. I didnt like the old sunsilk, so its going to take more than a bottle change for me to try it. Although they are prettier now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alyson: OMG, I know how much you love that masque, so I'm sorry I don't have a new masque to tell you about. :( BUT, you're right--time to check out Big Lots! :)

    adorepink: I think you may have missed the part in my post where I mentioned that it's not just a "bottle change", they have actually reformulated the product inside the bottles! So you never know...these new formulas could work out better for you than the old ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new packaging isn't as striking as the old stuff. I remember when Sunsilk was doing a huge push a few years back, and in the hair care isle I could always tell where the Sunsilk products were because of all the blocks of color. :)

    It sure looks sleek though! The curved design reminds me of the Caress bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, I did some checking under the sink (as I'm packing to move anyway) and I actually have a whopping 7 jars of the masque hoarded away, lmao. What can I say, they're like $2.50 at big lots when I find them and I'd rather hoard them than spend crazy money trying to find a new product I like as much!!

    I have to agree I personally like the old packaging better. I'm usually all for changing it up, but I think changing the color of the packaging was the wrong move. It looks more generic now. Boo.

    However I'm pretty curious about that shampoo and conditioner you reviewed recently from CVS so I might try that out. ;) Although after counting a whopping 5 bottles of shampoo under my sink I'm not sure I can justify trying it any time soon. =X Oh the hazards of being a beauty blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent. Captivating Curls has my name on it.

    No, my name is not 'De-Frizz'...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel Moline: I think we might have to agree to disagree on the packaging! lol. :) I think this is much more striking than the older packaging, because, to me, the old packaging looks SO much like Herbal Essences (each line has its own color--pink, blue, green, etc.) even down to the shape of the bottles. So I would always get them confused on the store shelves. lol. And I totally agree with you about the new shape--it didn't even occur to me that it resembles the Carress bottle! Especially the top part, right? It's a good thing I like that shape! :)

    Alyson: Seven jars? OMG, you sound like me! I think I did that same thing with an old L'Oreal conditioner I loved at one point. lol. And just as I did with Rachel above, I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on the new packaging. :) I actually like that it's all one color now (and I love the color and the shape of the bottle) because before, it looked too much like Herbal Essences. You know what I mean? Anyway, I would LOVE to know what you think about the CVS products. Next time you run low on your stash (which looks like it won't be soon!) you should get a bottle and do a review! :)


    Product Placement: When was the last time I told you how much I ADORE you? :) Your comments (and blog entries) never fail to crack me up. And of course I'd love to see a review of the new Captivating Curls line when you try it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. But are the new products going to be in many stores again or just barely a few like now?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anon: I'm sorry I can't really answer your question because, in my area (San Diego), Sunsilk is already available everywhere I shop (Rite Aid, Target, Albertsons, etc.). It's actually never been hard for me to find. Sorry it's not easily available for you, but I know that the complete collection is available on drugstore.com. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for posting this information. I have had Sunsilk Waves of Envy on my grocery list FOR-EV-ER. I couldn't find it anywhere. I guess I'm going to have to find a new product now. :( Do you know of anything that is comparable to the scrunching spray?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh thank god Sunsilk has not been discontinued!!! Its the only thing that works for my hair, the hydra tlc leaves it sooo soft. I really started to panic when I could not find it at Walgreen's CVS or Osco. I hope they did not screw around with the formula too much and make it as bad as Pantene for us mixed race curly girls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys saved my LIFE. --that is all LOL

    But really, this stuff has got to be theeee greatest thing to ever touch my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's been a while since this post but have you found a substitute for sunsilk sea mist?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Helene Curtis, the manufacturer of sunsilk products, was bought by Unilever. Looking at Unilever's website they do not sell the product in the united states.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I checked both walmart.com. and drugstore.com and neither carry it , is there anywhere else we can find sunsilk products ?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig