Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spotted at CVS and Rite Aid: New Rimmel Eyeshadows, Color-Changing Nails and more!

I found some new products at my local CVS and Rite Aid locations so of course I had to snap some pics to share! Let's get right to it:

First, at Rite Aid I spotted these new color-changing nails:

Broadway Fashion Diva Color Changing Nail Kit



I don't know if I'll ever get around to trying these, but I'm always intrigued by anything that changes color. :)

Also at Rite Aid, I saw a new Sinful Colors display, but sadly, the colors are all from the existing Sinful Colors inventory. I looked and looked for a NEW shade but I didn't see one. Why does Sinful Colors get our hopes up like this??


I headed over to the CVS across the street and discovered that they were starting to put out new Milani, L'Oreal and Rimmel stuff, but I was a bit early because there were boxes and boxes of unopened new goodies that they hadn't even touched yet. The boxes from Milani didn't have product titles printed on the them, but the ones from Rimmel did. The ones I saw said "Lasting Finish Nail Color" and "Royal Gloss" so I guess we're going to see some new shades in those collections (hopefully!).

Anyway, there was one new Rimmel display up:

Rimmel New Glam'Eyes Eye Shadow

I've noticed a new trend with these quilted pressed powders and I kind of like it (NYC's new powder foundations have the same quilted design, and of course the new Revlon ColorBurst lipsticks have a quilted case). The color selection in this display was OK, but hopefully there will be more shades available when they become apart of the permanent Rimmel display. Also, is it just me or do you not care for the look on Kate Moss in this photo? I don't know...she looks a bit off to me.


I also spotted a new eye concealer by Neutrogena, and it looks like they're trying to give us a dupe of the legendary YSL Touche Eclat. Similar brush, similar size and similar design of the tube (except YSL's is gold and Neutrogena's is silver):


Neutrogena New Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector

Close-up from the package

There is a slight difference in this product's claims though. According to the display, it promises to conceal, de-puff and treat undereye circles in one week. YSL Touche Eclat promises to "banish shadows and erase signs of fatigue" but does not mention anything about de-puffing. Hey, if the Neutrogena product works, I'd spend $9.99 or however much it costs (I'm assuming it's around that price but I didn't see a price tag on this display) for it since that sure beats $40 for Touche Eclat! But again, Neutrogena REALLY needs to step it up with their color selections. I'm sorry, but four shades just does not cut it--for any makeup line.

That's it for this report, but as always I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Drugstores makeup has some cute packaging for 2010, it like their competing heavily with high end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame Sinful Colors isn't releasing new shades. They have wonderful polishes that compare to China Glaze and OPI but they lack variety.

    I'm not liking Kate Moss's look either. Sure she's gorgeous but the blue eyeshadow scream *mutters something unintelligible* Honestly though, I don't blame her. Blue eyeshadow is hard to pull off and can really give people flashbacks from the eighties.

    Rayqueenbee, I think you're right. They ARE trying to compete with the high-end companies and I don't really get that. In this recession, these drugstore companies should be flourishing with business so why are they copy kitties? The could be more inventive than to change the coloring of the packaging and adding a "Maybelline" in place of of "YSL."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kate Moss... the supermodel (is she?) has lost her touch. I remember her commercial for a camera - that was pretty awesome. Anyways, I think that it is cool that drugstore things are trying harder to have better packaging and just releasing new items! It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are several new Sinful Colors shades at my Walgreens - not in a display, but in the permanent case! You might want to have a look there - I picked up three greens I didn't have just two days ago and I know there were more! Need to get those swatched up too.
    Yeah, Kate Moss looks WEIRD in that picture. I dunno - it's in between her nose and eyes, can't tell if it's the angle or the makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate Moss looks terrible in that display. I love how pretty she looks w/ minimal makeup, but this whole pink lips & blue eyeshadow look just screams "cheap hooker" to me.

    I'm a little intrigued by the Neutrogena YSL Touche Eclat dupe, but I agree. 4 colors doesn't cut it for any makeup line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those color changing fake nails are wild!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up the Neutrogena Eye Concealer on a little haul at Walmart two weeks ago. It's great, it really brightens the eye area (I have major dark circles.) The only issue I had with it was that it's 'twist up' into a brush.. you can't really tell how much comes out, and it kind of wastes product if you're not careful. Overall, I really like it so far :)

    Thank you for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rayqueenbee: Yep, I totally agree! :)

    Shela: I guess they *are* releasing new colors, which was just brought to my attn, but they seem to be only be at Walgreens. So...I think we need to head to Walgreens and check these out! :) Also, regarding your comment about the drugstore brands, I think they're deliberate "inspired" by the high-end products specifically because of the recession! If they didn't make the products in similar packaging, we probably wouldn't know that they're dupes, right? And of course I think they're trying to capitalize on that and give us low-cost alternatives to the higher-priced products, which is great, right? :)

    ndoodles: LOL! Yep, I totally agree. :)

    Nicole: Thank you!! I need to get over to my Walgreens ASAP because I saw that mint green shade on Cheapalicious and I neeeed it! lol. :)

    libbeh: LOL!!! Well said. :) And yes, I'm very curious about this YSL dupe too but man, they really need to broaden that color range! :)

    Tropical Mind: I know, right? I'm so curious about that! :)

    caseybby: Ooooh, thanks for the info! You are making me want to try it now!! Anything that can help lighten my under-eye area is something worth testing, for sure! Thanks again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good point. I guess it's Dupe 101 for people who aren't familiar with the high-end products that are released. It makes sense for these companies to be targeting Sephora fans especially since we're all doing our taxes and there's no more moolah in the pocket! >.<

    Libbeh totally read my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those color changing nails are cool, but I don't really like designs on nails personally. It would be awesome if they had just plain ones with tips that changed color.

    I like Sinful Colors polishes but the names of their polish colors really irk me. I went through some of mine and they have the strangest names that make no sense like "Forget Now" and "Love Nails". I don't know it bugs me but not enough to stop buying :P.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig