Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 26, 2009

New products from Sally Hansen, Borghese and more...

I was at my lucky Rite-Aid yesterday and finally, after weeks of nothing new, I spotted some interesting new products that I wanted to share with you!

First I spotted these Sally Hansen Comfort Shine Lip Glaze seasonal gift sets (retail: $9.99). The product itself isn't new (I own one of these cool little pots already and the packaging and applicator are super neat) but these gift sets are new and the flavors are definitely new:

(click images to enlarge)


The flavors in each set are "Cupcake", "Sugar Cookie" and "Sugared Berry".



Next I spotted these new Limited Edition Borghese mini nail polish holiday gift sets (retail: $9.99):



The colors in these two sets are definitely a departure from the regular Borghese nail color collection.


You can't really tell from the pics but all of the colors in this set contain micro-glitter.


The second color in this set is a gorgeous blueish-blackish-green with iridescent shimmer.

I wish I could have taken better pics of all of these shades because they are truly gorgeous in person and much prettier and more unique than the regular collection.

Lastly, I spotted this display of new skincare products by a company I've never heard of before: Bellaboo. Apparently they are an Australian company that offers a range of skincare products targeted at young girls (retail: $9.99 for the travel kit and $9.99 for each full-size tube). What sets these products apart are the natural ingredients and packaging:





Bellaboo is a three-part system that contains "Gorgeous Skin Moisture Dew", "Buff Skin Facial Exfoliator" and "All That Clean Skin Facial Wash".

I kind of like that they're trying to get girls to focus on skin care rather than just fixing skin problems and I have to say that after quickly scanning the ingredients on one of the tubes, I was surprised to see a lot of great natural ingredients (like 100% certified organic sea buckthorn berry oil) and no parabens. The only thing I didn't care for was that each part of this three-part system retails for $9.99. I don't know about you, but to me that seems a bit pricey for drugstore skincare aimed at young girls. Plus, I don't recall really wanting a moisturizer or exfoliator at that age--I really just wanted a cleanser. But maybe times have changed? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Thanks for the heads up!! I'm interested in seeing those Borghese nail sets in person, especially the second one!

    I'm with you, $9.99 is a bit much for drugstore skincare aimed at teens. And it's too bad the collection doesn't include a facial moisturizer with SPF. If you get in the habit of using it young you will prevent a lot of damage down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mooosley! You are so welcome! I'm glad you agree with me about the price point of that skincare line. And you are SO right about SPF! I totally agree that if you get in the habit of wearing it young, it's the best thing you can do for your skin. So it's too bad there's no SPF in this moisturizer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm...it's hard to get teens to take care of their skin. I know I didn't really. I was blessed with pretty good skin naturally though. A sunscreen would have been a GREAT addition to the line. So would a little booklet that explains the importance of each part of the collection to one's skincare routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging just makes me think less of the product - I feel like skin care things should be more professional because it is kinda like a treatment on your face. It's too kiddish I feel. And I agree - the cleanser would be fine. The rest is... eh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alyson! Great point about making a little booklet that explains the importance of each part. It seems like there's a lot that can be improved with this line so I hope they're listening! :)

    Hey ndoodles! I'm wondering if this packaging actually appeals to younger girls...I just don't know. It makes it seem "playful" as opposed to serious, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must drop by my local Rite-Aid now! I have to find the borghese nail set! Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Janine! Oh, I hope you can find those nail sets, and if you do, I'd love to know what you think of them when you see them in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are 2 peas in a pod. I recently acquired the first of those two mini Borghese sets and haven't tested them out yet! Heaven forbid they don't work out for me, but the upside in that is it's possible you could always inherit them! Woot woot!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig