Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 18, 2009

My awesome six dollar shopping spree








I can never resist posting pics of my latest beauty bargains and this time I've got an "extra" photo that's super fun as well.

I scored at Big Lots the other day and managed to find Borghese nail polish in a Limited Edition color for 2 bucks! These polishes are almost $10 at CVS! They had a display that was already pretty barren by the time I got there, containing two bottles of this pretty silver and one bottle of gold. The color I got is called "Celestial Silver" and I did my best to capture the shade on my CBC. It's silver but it's got this subtle goldish/greenish tint to it that makes it more pretty and interesting than your usual silver. Anyway, I LOVE it and I can't believe they're selling Borghese at Big Lots now! When I was in the checkout line, even the cashier was like, "Wow, we're movin' up in the world!" when she saw it in my basket and the other cashiers came over because they had no idea they had Borghese in their store. Ha!

Next I got some Limited Edition Revlon Color Beam Sheer polishes (2-pack for 2 bucks) that I bought solely to use to layer. I'm so sick of seeing these boring burgundy, red, rose, magenta and pink colors in my nail polish collection that I NEVER use. So instead of throwing them out or trying to pawn them off on friends, I decided that I'm just going to get some cool, sheer, irridescent shades that I can layer on top of them to jazz them up. Bingo! That's exactly what I got with these Revlon colors.

I also picked up a Physicians Formula Baked Collection Wet/Dry Eyeshadow trio in "Baked Sugar" for 2 bucks. I seriously have had my eye on these little suckers forEVER but never managed to get one because they're almost 10 dollars at the drugstore. I couldn't believe I spotted these at Big Lots but then it occured to me: They changed the look of these! The eyeshadows themselves are now little circles instead of little pyramids! So THAT'S why Big Lots has them. Well I happen to prefer the pyramid shape, so I guess it was my lucky day! Look how cool these are from the side view! I ran the sponge applicator along the side of the "pyramid" just to see how solid the eyeshadow is, and it's definitely not going to crumble or fall apart with use. In fact, did you know that these eyeshadows are baked on "Genuine Italian terracotta tiles"? Pretty cool. Another thing I like about these: Notice the sponge applicator is held in place by little tabs on either side. Genius! I HATE it when my applicators fall out. Also, I swiped a bit of the lightest shade on my brow bone when I got home and their website doesn't lie: These are smooth, silky and super easy to apply. I'm definitely impressed so far. And of course I love the colors (I'm a neutral junkie if you haven't figured that out yet).

Lastly, I included a pic of some goodies for my 2 year old neice. I went down to Walgreens after my Big Lots score, and I noticed that they still had a TON of Easter stuff on clearance for 75% off. Well, being the good Auntie I am, I figured I could get her some cute little things and well...two year olds don't really know that Easter is over (did they even know it was Easter to begin with, really?) so who cares if there are bunnies all over these toys? Besides, bunnies are cute yeararound. So I just wanted to share with you my AMAZING steal on these:

Candy Spinner (She loooves ths spinning light but I'll remove the candy): $0.49
Mini Bunny Puzzle: $0.19
Spring Basket with cute pink liner: $0.82

So for a whopping $1.50 I made her day (OK, maybe her hour, not day).
SHARE:

2 comments

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig