Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 29, 2009

I rushed to get this blush (brush)



So much for my attempt at rhyme!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you dear readers know that right now at Big Lots, you can get Studio Basics blush brushes for $1! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them, but there they were, right in the cosmetics aisle.

If you're not familiar with Studio Basics, it's a line of cosmetics brushes sold at Rite-Aid and Ulta. Over the years I've neglected this line in favor of Essence of Beauty and, more recently, Eco Tools, but since I was in the market for a new retractable blush brush, I couldn't resist the $1 price tag at Big Lots.

I picked up both the traditional blush brush and the retractable (love these for my purse!) and I couldn't be more pleased. I have used both brushes for 1 week now and I am so happy with the way they pick up color and when you apply the color to your cheeks, the distribution is very even (no streaks). They blend quite well and they are pretty darn soft for drugstore quality brushes (both brushes are made of natural hairs). And so far, no shedding! Definitely a steal at $1.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for all these great recommendations and for the link love! Awesome job on the blog so far :) Great minds think alike? LOL!

    I'm currently obsessed with my ecoTOOLS brushes, but I'll have to check these out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JennBee! Thanks so much!!

    Yes, EcoTools are GREAT! Let me know what you think about the Studio Basics blush brush if you try it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig