Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Spotted: Sally Hansen Limited Edition Spring 2014 Xtreme Wear Color Vibrations Glitter Mania Collection

So my pal Amanda (one half of the lovely team behind the polish blog Pretty Girl Science) shared some pics today of the brand new Sally Hansen Spring 2014 Limited Edition Xtreme Wears (thanks so much, Amanda!). I have to say, Sally Hansen really seems take it to another level when it comes to glitters in the Xtreme Wear line. I've been super impressed with several of their recent Xtreme Wear glitter collections, and these are no exception. Take a look at Amanda's pics below and you be the judge.

NOTE: To see the Sally Hansen Spring 2014 Limited Edition Insta-Dri Color Vibrations Kaleidoscope Collection, click here.

 image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap
Sally Hansen Limited Edition Spring 2014 Xtreme Wear Color Vibrations Glitter Mania Collection
(retail: around $2.99 each, 0.4 oz)

 image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap

As any true polish junkie would do, Amanda re-arranged the bottles to coincide with the shade names printed on the display (you get 1,000 bonus points for that move, Amanda!):

 image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap

There are eight shades in this collection. Left to right: 

610 Rock Chic, 620 Glam Fest, 630 Purple Petals, 640 Rouge Rush, 650 Galaxy Green, 660 Indi-Glow, 670 Light Show, 680 Ripple Effect

 image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap

I'm loving the look of that shade with the tinted gray base (Glam Fest)--it looks like there are some white matte glitters in there, as well as metallic multi-colored glitters.

  image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap

Amanda confirmed that Galaxy Green contains mylar shards and that it might be similar to Sinful Colors Green Ocean.

Have you spotted the Spring 2014 limited edition Xtreme Wear glitters in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, Amanda, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. my husband always yells at me when i try to fix polish displays! >.<
    rock chic looks interesting but i'll have to see these in person - i may end up grabbing more like i always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing swatches of these babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always rearranging makeup / polish, both to take photos and just because it bugs me when things are in the wrong place. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that too! It bugs me when the polishes are put out wrong especially, so I fix them. Not even the excuse of blogging/photos! Can't wait to see bottle shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checked this out in Vegas and thought that there isn't really anything original, however for the price I think alot of people may want to get a bunch! We all know that they tend to wear really well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Xtreme Wear formula! I may grab the purple glitter if I can spot a display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I did that just the other day, rearrange the nail polish correctly in the display. Actually I do it every time I see it in the wrong place. Does that mean we ALL have a problem? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it means we're all awesome. I'm pretty sure the employees are pretty happy we're fixing them too!

      Delete
  8. Oh man I can't help myself, whenever I see cosmetics out of place (polish in particular) I have to fix it. I end up spending twice the time in the walmart cosmetics section then I needs just fixing things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I liked these more. I keep trying but they never look like they do in the bottles, or I just can't get enough of the glitters on the nail. They are so pretty but never seem to have enough ooomph for my liking without half a dozen coats..., maybe Indies have spoiled me that way :( still I will probably try again if I see some unique ones because they're so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Galaxy Green is not an exact dupe of Green Ocean, as the latter tends to be a deeper green and has more blue flakies. It is, as near as I can tell, a straight dupe for Sally Hansen's Triple Shine formula in Scale Up, however. If you've got one, you probably don't need the other...of course, I now have both because I forget to use my better judgement when I see pretty, shiny things at Walgreen's lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought two of these, galaxy green and the peach/white one and they are both awful. Very thick base which makes it difficult to do multiple coats, and next to impossible to get any glitter out. The brush just bypasses it all on the way out of the bottle no matter how much you swirl or scoop. I never did manage to get a single piece of the white hex. After doing all ten nails I might have seven tiny pieces of the green foil. Basically useless. I've really got to stop buying pretty glitters until I see a swatch.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig