Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Spotted: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes for $0.99 each

Attention California, Nevada, Arizona and Texas readers: guess what? Reader my mom spotted Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polishes at a local 99-Cent Only store here in San Diego!

My mom, who is 72 years young and has a thing for glitter polishes, recently made this discovery and didn't even call me to tell me, can you believe it? I was over visiting her and my dad yesterday and commented on the new polish she was wearing, and it was only then that she enlightened me to this deal!

My mom found Sally Hansen 419 Hidden Treasure (not to be confused with the original Hidden Treasure) and 414 Cherry Cherry Bang Bang for, of course, $0.99 each at 99-Cent Only.

My mom, proudly showing off her find (she's wearing two coats of 419 Hidden Treasure in these photos, and wanted me to tell you that she didn't use a base coat or top coat and has gotten five days of wear so far without any chips--she's seriously impressed!):

 Sally Hansen 419 Hidden Treasure
(retail: $9.99, 99-Cent Only price: $0.99)

Keep reading to see the other color she found...

 Sally Hansen 414 Cherry Cherry Bang Bang
(retail: $9.99, 99-Cent Only price: $0.99)

And to show you that I truly learned from the best, after she realized how great of a deal this was, my mom promptly went back and bought back-ups:

Go mom!!

So if you live near a 99-Cent Only store (click here for a store locator), get over there ASAP and see if you can find these, or any other shades! I'd love it if you'd report back if you find some!

Thanks so much, mom, for the great sighting and for allowing me to share these pics. I meant it when I said it: I truly learned from the best and I love you with all my heart. xoxo
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I was there yesterday & didn't find any at the San Leandro location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes see them at Big Lots or Dollar Tree as well, but I am a bit skeptic thinking are these just really old formulas? Its worth a try after this review. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well since I've purchased my share of 5yr+ old polishes at Dollar Tree, you can see that this type of thing doesn't bother me (lol!) but just so you know, 419 Hidden Treasure was released in December of 2011, so it's practically brand new (in polish years). In fact, the Complete Salon Manicure line in general is only a couple of years old (I've been blogging since 2009 and it came out after I started my blog because I remember covering the debut), so these cannot be "really old". Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Awww, thank you!! I will be sure to tell her you said that. *hugs*

      Delete
  4. Just FYI Walgreens has the sinful colors polish for 99cents untll the 8th :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coinky-dink! I purchased Hidden Treasure at CVS on clearance awhile ago. I purchased it for my pregnant friend's birth gift (making her a gift basket). I am not a fan of purples, but a few days ago I decided to try it. It is very pretty. I cannot recall how many coats I applied, but it appears irridescent white in my opinion. Very pretty, I am tempted to keep it. As G mentioned, it is not old. I have found random SH Complete Salon Manicure shades on clearance at CVS & RA the past several months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG theres one of these stores like 2 minutes from my house, I hope to go tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just there on my lunch didn't see those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your mom is adorable. it would be a really great idea if you would do a cosmetics q&a with your mom. this like what was her style in cosmetics/nail polish and trends back in her younger years (in years of course, she seems ageless) what she sees different in cosmetics and marketing for them today, and just her overall opinion. i would love to hear what she has to say. i only hope to be a vibrant and glittery if im lucky to live to her age. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun G., do you think she will do it?

      Delete
  9. Their on sale at Walgreens for $1.49

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWW!! Your mom is so cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the 99 cent store! As for your mom, I used your post about her love of glitter polish to inspire my mother (58) and recently did a sparkly manicure for her that she adores and can't stop talking about. Thank you and thank your mother for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA, Mama has been holding out! I don't think I have one of these stores in my area (but worth checking the store locator search)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mom is cool. I try to do my mom's nails and she says no, she doesn't feel like primping. I mean, why wouldn't you want someone to do your nails for you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mom rocks! I don't know what should happen to my mom to make her wear a purple, she's faithful to nudes :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous! My mom is a complete bare-nails person- the only polish she has ever used by my knowledge was a Confetti sparkly maroon (borrowed from me) used strictly for the rare party pedicure =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig