Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 29, 2012

My mom's a junkie (and I'm her dealer)

My 72-year-old mom's latest glitter manicure

My mom is 72 years old and in the past year or so, she's developed an addiction that many of us share:  

She's obsessed with glitter nail polish.

Truth be told, I think this addiction is absolutely adorable, and I'm afraid that I "feed her habit" on a regular basis. About once or twice a week, I like to visit my parents and I always bring over new polishes for my mom to try. I ask her to pick her favorites, and then I proceed to give her a new manicure. She loves it, I love it, and it's a fun time for both of us. The polishes we used for the above manicure: Salon Perfect Lavender Icing (base color) and Jordana Glitters Specialty Nail Polish in Sequins

The moral of this story: you're NEVER too old to rock glitter. Just ask my mom (and her friends at Bingo who are constantly jealous of her "pretty manicures").


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. This is so sweet! Plus, your mom's hands look fabulous for 72. Does she have any secrets for keeping them so young-looking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My mom is 71 and I'm doing the same "to" her. :-) I'll show her some glitter polishes and see what she says. Maybe she'll get hooked too! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - it has me smiling from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too awesome. Great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom ROCKS! Her nails look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this G, thanks for sharing! My mom is 85, and while she doesn't wear glitter, she has gorgeous long nails that she paints herself, as she has all her life. It's very rare to catch her without her nails perfectly polished and her lipstick on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for her! How sweet that you bring her polishes and give her manicures. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so fun! I go over and do my mom's nails about once a week. And while she doesn't really do "glitter glitter," I did have to get her her own bottle of Cover Band Sticks 'n Stones because she was requesting mine every time, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The title of your post absolutely cracked me up!!

    It's inspiring to see that we don't have to lose being stylish or trendy as we age. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much! Your mom is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bet her friends are envious and want to wear glitter, too! Awesome. We're never too old to wear fun nail colors; I'm in my 50s and love fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of the best posts I have read in awhile. It brought a smile to my face :-) Bless your heart & bless your mom, and above all, thank goodness for GLITTER! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww...this brings back such memories for me. I used to polish my grannies nails and toes as a teen when I would do my own. It was our bonding "girl" time. I helped her with a task that she wasn't physically able to complete on her own any more and she gave me sooo many pearls of wisdom. I miss her so much and this post just really made me think about her. Cherish these moments G and tell momma to rock on with her bad self!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is soooooo adorable! My mom would never let me do that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mom is too cool! I love the mani, no wonder others are jealous. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig