Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 27, 2011

Some ideas for the Cyber Monday Milani & Jordana sales

In preparation for what I believe to be the BEST Cyber Monday sales on the internet, I've got some suggestions for you in case you're wanting to make some Milani and/or Jordana purchases but are not quite sure what to buy.

For those who missed my original post, TOMORROW ONLY (11/28) STARTING AT 8AM PACIFIC, the sister companies Milani and Jordana are having some amazing sales:


Enter code CYBER at milanicosmetics.com for 50% off everything in the store + FREE SHIPPING


Enter code CYBER at jordanacosmetics.com for 25% off everything in the store + FREE SHIPPING

Let's start with some of my favorites from Jordana:




If you're looking for a fantastic black eyeliner pen, look no futher than the INCOLOR FabuLiner (retail: $2.99). This is my holy grail black liquid liner and I cannot say enough great things about it. Click here for my review.


Many of you actually prefer the EasyShine Glossy Lip Colors (retail: $1.99 each) over Revlon Lip Butters. For me, they're a little more sheer and the consistency is a tiny bit thinner, but I do find them nice and hydrating and there are some amazing color choices here (click here for all of my swatches). And you just can't beat the price.

The Jordana Color Effect Eyeshadow Duos (retail: $3.49) are a new product for me, but so far I am extremely impressed with them. In particular, I find the duos Twice the Fun, Good Match (this an all-matte duo!), Splitting Image and Smoky Browns to be extremely silky, finely-milled and a dream to apply. I also am impressed with the staying power of these shadows, as well as their blendability and pigmentation. To see swatches of the earthtones in this collection click here. To see swatches of the brighter shades, click here. To see an eye look I did recently using a few of my favorite shades, click here (I'm also wearing the INCOLOR FabuLiner in black in that post).


Quite possibly the most delicious-tasting lipglosses ever made, Jordana really nailed it with the Sweet 'n Shiny Lip Gloss collection ($2.99 each). (You can't buy these at Walgreens although I believe Kmart sells them, just fyi.) I am consistently delighted with the flavors of Jordana lip products (they always smell and taste exactly like their names) and these are no exception. In particular, I LOVE Rainbow Sherbet (smells and tastes like the real thing). These glosses aren't big on color but boy are they big on flavor! Click here for my full review of all five flavors.


 If you require a mascara that delivers on volume and you like your mascaras thicker, drier and with a bit of "clumpage", you might fall in love with Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara (retail: $2.99). I have been reaching for it ever since I reviewed it and it has never once faded, smeared or flaked on me. I honestly can't believe it's just $3 (less during the sale). Check my review here.


How can I forget to mention Jordan nail polishes (retail: $1.99)?? The above shade is Island Fuchsia, and there are so many other wonderful little gems in this collection. Big Three Free and made in the USA, I've heard that Jordana Mint Green is a great dupe of Milani Dress Maker and I hear that Jordana Silver Jewel is a great dupe of that chunky silver glitter polish from Milani as well.

And don't forget that two long-ago-discontinued favorites from Jordana have recently been brought back and can ONLY be purchased online:


The Jordana Color Xtend Eyeliners are gel liners that I believe pre-date Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners (my memory's fuzzy so don't quote me on that). I was absolutely obsessed with them back in the day and I'm SO excited that the black shade is BACK! I never tried the Cotton Candy gloss back in the day, but obviously that was a popular shade that many people wanted to buy again. You can check it out here.

Moving on to Milani:

Since this brand is obviously more widely-available than Jordana, I'm going to focus on the harder-to-find Milani products that you might have missed when first released (or maybe never showed up in your area). NOW is the time to pick them up if you want them!

FIRST AND FOREMOST: I probably don't need to tell you that Milani has several of their LIMITED EDITION nail color collections available online for purchase. If you missed out on any of these collections or could never find them at your drugstores, click here to check 'em out.



The Milani Haute Flash collection (retail: $6.99 each) is limited edition. These glosses are considered to be MAC Dare to Wear Lipglass dupes. You can see my review and swatches HERE.


The Mewow Look at My nails + Krackle Top Coat collection is also limited edition. You can see my swatches of these polishes HERE.

There are literally dozens of other Milani nail colors I could rave about, but I'm going to save my last nail-related pick for the fabulous top and base coats, since many of you have told me you cannot yet find these in stores:


The Milani Glosse top coat and Smoothe base coat (retail: $4.99 each) are my Holy Grail top and base coats. You can read my full review here (I really put these to the test).

Another limited edition product that you might not have found in stores when it was available:


The Paint Eyeshadow Palette (retail: $7.99) is a limited edition all-matte eyeshadow palette and it is so much fun if you love bright, bold colors. You can check out my full review here.

 And here are some other core collection products that I love:


Lip Flash Pencils (retail: $6.99) are BIG on color and shine. Click here for my review.



I love the Milani Baked Blushes (retail: $7.99) so much that I have devoted several posts to them this year:
  • To see swatches of Fantastico Mauve, Bellissimo Bronze,  Berry Amore, Terra Sole and Dolce Pink, CLICK HERE.
  • To see swatches of Corallina, Rose d' Oro and Red Vino (Red Vino is my personal Holy Grail drugstore blush), CLICK HERE.
  • To see my drugstore dupe comparison post of Fantastico Mauve and NARS Dolce Vita, CLICK HERE.
I cannot believe these blushes are going to be $3.99 tomorrow with free shipping.

I'm going to stop here, but I didn't even cover the Milani Liquif'Eye eyeliners (Holy Grail liners for so many of you) or the famous Luminous Blush (NARS Orgasm dupe) or so many other great products from both Jordana and Milani. I just wanted to give you some ideas in case you're new to these brands and/or haven't been able to find some of these products at your local drugstores. I hope that helps!

AND REMEMBER: THESE SALES START AT 8AM PACIFIC TOMORROW, MONDAY 11/28. I anticipate that things will sell out, so log on as early as you can!

If you're planning on taking advantage of these sales, I'd love to hear what you're planning to buy!

Many of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I placed my order already because the CYBER code worked! I didn't give me the free shipping, because i'm sure that part won't work until tomorrow. But i got all the baked blushes, a few HD lip colors and a lot of nail polishes for 50% off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. code worked for me as well,but not free shipping,i didnt mind paying $5 for shipping,just for the head start,i was afraid everything i wanted would be sold out. those who dont mind paying the $5 shipping,shop early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, it says to check the table for free shipping. I think the free shipping is only for orders over 100 dollars. Can anyone confirm this? If so I think the advertising is misleading. It should say if you order x amount you get free shipping when you use the code.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these sales are going to be a MESS. the websites are already going painfully slow and the sale hasn't even started yet. grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AveryKoch and thhjasmine: Yay!!! Great to know! :)

    TheMakeupism: I'm not seeing where it says to "check the table" in the above ads? The ad states that free shipping (which is for tomorrow only) is available for those in the continental US, Hawaii and Alaska who opt for ground shipping. If you discover otherwise tomorrow, PLEASE let me know? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, it said in small print "See "SHIPPING" for details. I looked under customer service then shipping info. And it had the table with all the pricing like if it's 25 or less on both sites it says 5 bucks shipping. Kinda bummed if it costs because I was planning on spending around 10 to 15 dollars on each site and the shipping will add 10 dollar fee :/. No free shipping and I'll probably pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wanted to buy some of their nail polishes. Unfortunately they don't ship internationally. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the notice! I just tried to place an order and I think Milani's website froze on me. I hope others are able to get through. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. the sales are definitely a mess. i had everything in my cart on milani's site before 11 but haven't actually been able to check out until about half an hour ago because of a meeting. it is totally stalled, the site is going nowhere no matter what i click on :( hopefully it will be better in an hour or two, and hopefully they won't be sold out of the items i want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Makeupism: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. It sounds like you're looking at the regular shipping chart on the site, which is valid on regular orders. But TODAY, Cyber Monday, is a sale day and if you enter the code CYBER today, you will get free shipping if you are in the US. I don't know how I can convince you of this, but I have spoken directly to Milani/Jordana and they confirm this. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry G, but you're wrong? I entered CYBER. And I still got charged shipping...I think many of us can back this statement up with a sheer copy of our receipts.

    Milani should clarify this. Got what I wanted though so no big.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unknown: When did you place your order? The code has only been valid since 8AM Pacific today (per the terms of the sale) so if you placed the order prior to 8AM Pacific then yes, you were charged for shipping.

    If you placed the order AFTER 8AM Pacific today and you were still charged for shipping, please double-check that you opted for GROUND shipping (again, the offer is only valid for ground shipping). If you opted for ground shipping and placed the order after 8AM, then I would suggest contacting customer service for a price adjustment. Hope that helps.

    PS: Milani DID clarify this (please see my blog post from this morning). I spoke to my contact this morning and asked her personally to confirm, which she did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can neglect the previous comment. Was able to speak with them over the phone and they're waiving that shipping fee later on :)

    Thanks G! Just a lot of confusion..understandable Milani products rock lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a super helpful post! I don't own any products from either brand so it's great to know what's a good product. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I placed all my things in my cart last night, I went to the website this morning & until now it STILL hasn't let me go through :(

    I'm thinking about giving up! It's finals week and I don't have time to be sitting at the computer. Bummer :( :(

    But we'll see....I actually called Milani myself and they were saying to "keep trying" and that I would eventually get through.

    Good luck ladies!
    -Antonia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks G! I was able to place my Milani order on Monday with the code that worked for 50% off and free shipping, too. Can't wait for my order to arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I caught on to the post late and just managed to confirm my order at 4.58pm! CYBER on Milani worked beautifully. Thanks G! I got a few of the baked blushes and the baked bronzers.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig