Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Limited Edition Milani Haute Flash Full Coverage Shimmer Lipglosses

Milani Limited Edition Haute Flash Full Coverage Shimmer Lipglosses
(retail: $6.99 each - available July 2011)

One of the fun limited edition collections that are set to hit drugstores this July from Milani is the Haute Flash Full Coverage Lipglosses (you can click here and here to see the other LE collections if you missed them).

I've heard many people say that these glosses are almost exact dupes of last year's MAC Dare to Wear Lipglasses. In fact, when the lovely Vampy Varnish reviewed Milani's Haute Flash glosses, she included a link to her Dare to Wear review, which you can see here if you'd like to see the similarities.


I don't own any of the MAC glosses, so I can't compare them personally, but what I can tell you is that if you like high-impact, insanely-pigmented, long-wearing glosses that sparkle like crazy, you will LOVE the Milani Haute Flash collection.


Each of the four shades in this LE collection has a counterpart in the core collection Lip Flash Pencil line. So if you love the shades in the Lip Flash line and you have been wishing you could have them in gloss form, you're going to be EXTREMELY happy with these!

Just like the Lip Flash pencils, these are not for the timid. The colors are intense, super sparkly (some shades even have a beautiful flash to them), and aside from Star Flash, the colors are bold and you will certainly get noticed when you're wearing one!



The two most true-to-the-tube shades are Flashy and Hot Flash. Those two colors are what-you-see-is-what-you-get type shades and, coincidentally, these two shades also seem to be a bit stickier than the other two (In a Flash and Star Flash). All four shades are a bit sticky (which is to be expected given how intensely pigmented and long-wearing they are) but I think Flashy and Hot Flash are noticeably stickier.

Even though all four glosses have a sticky texture, they are not goopy, if that makes sense. I find the consistency to be medium-to-thin, and they don't feel heavy or suffocating on my lips.


As you can see above, In a Flash and Star Flash look a lot different on my lips than than do in the tube (or even on my arm in the swatches above). I actually really love both shades--on my lips, In a Flash turns more wine-colored and less purple (and you know I can't wear purples!) and Star Flash isn't as cool as it looks in the tube (which was another welcomed relief for me).

If you look at my photos of the Lip Flash pencil in Photo Flash, you will see that it's identical in shade to the Haute Flash gloss Hot Flash (above). So really, what it boils down to is, do you prefer a gloss or a pencil?

I love the scent of these glosses--they smell like vanilla and very much remind me of MAC lipsticks. In fact, the flavor reminds me of MAC lipsticks too.

The Haute Flash glosses last upwards of four hours on my lips, which is a small miracle. I do want to warn you though that once these glosses fade, you may have some lingering glitter on your lips (actually, I only noticed this after wearing Star Flash).

FINAL VERDICT: If you love high-impact, intense lip colors with lots of sparkle, these are the glosses for you! I can't think of another drugstore gloss on the market right now that packs this much of a punch, so definitely keep an eye out for this collection in the weeks to come if you're interested!

I'll be reviewing the Milani limited edition Color Streaks, Paint Eyeshadow Palette and High Speed Fast Dry Nail polishes in the days to come (which are also going to hit stores in July) so please check back soon if you're interested. In the meantime, are you excited to find these glosses in your area? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I actually saw these in one of my CVS' yesterday! Thanks for the review...going to check out Vampy Varnish's too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I read Vampy Varnish's post, I promised myself I'd get at least one of this. I'm leaning towards 'Hot Flash.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ill get Star Flash. Will these only be availiable at CVS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm...Hot Flash! what beautiful lips you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried Star Flash, I can't wait to review it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pencils so I can't wait to run across these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Insert tons of bad words here)

    I was JUST AT CVS!!! They're not as wide-spread in Virginia. I got the Milani concealer (similar to the Touche Eclat applicator, going to try it out) and a couple of Confetti polishes. I didn't see these bad girls or three out of four would've come home with me! I'm a complete sucker for high-intensity lip glosses!

    I now haz a sad...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to go to every CVS ever until I find these because zomg, love. I'm a gloss fiend (there are 9 in my makeup bag in my purse, and probably another dozen in my stay-at-home makeup box!) and I absolutely adore full-coverage saturated-with-color glosses. Oh, and I <3 shimmer and sparkle, too.

    Anyone know of anywhere that's for-sure carrying them in the East Bay Area, CA? My local two CVS's are pretty hit-or-miss about special collections, sadface. Or is there anywhere online to get them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a few of these and can't WAIT to play around with them. Gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Milani announced on FB that they've listed the summer LEs on their website for purchase! I'm so excited, apparently none of my local drugstores do Milani special collections so this is the only way I can get them. To hell with my no-buy, those glosses are MINE. ^_^ They have the Haute Flash glosses, the Paint palette, and the Speed Dry One Coat polishes all available here.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig