Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Review: Milani Limited Edition Paint Eyeshadow Palette

If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that all of us want to see more matte eyeshadows at the drugstore. So I'm thrilled to be able to review for you the new limited edition all-matte palette from Milani:

(Retail: $7.99, 0.35 oz)

As mentioned when I posted the press release for this product, the Milani Paint Eyeshadow Palette is exclusive to CVS and is in stores this month (July). In fact, I've heard that many of you have already spotted this product at your local CVS locations already.


The first thing I noticed when I received this palette is that it's MUCH larger than I expected. I put it next to a Milani baked blush just for perspective:


In person, this compact is identical in size to many of my face powder compacts, if that helps give you a better idea of its size. Also, I really like the packaging. It's simple, but it's not flimsy and it feels substantial in my hand.

After playing around with these shadows for a few weeks now, I can confirm that many of the shades are fairly vibrant for me even without primer, however primer DEFINITELY intensifies the colors. I find these shadows to be smooth and silky, and none of the shades are chalky or dry. Milani calls these "super-soft, silk-like eyeshadows" and they're certainly not lying! I love these texture and ease of use of these shadows.

For the following photos, I swatched each color on bare skin, followed by over primer. The primer used in these photos is Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden:




And finally, after putting a large amount of UDPP Eden on my arm, I took all seven shades in the Milani Paint palette and tried to blend them to give you an idea of how they work together:


FINAL VERDICT: If you like matte shadows and you like bright colors, I think you might enjoy this palette. Worn on their own, I think these shades can give you a pretty, watercolor type of feel. Worn on top of your favorite primer, the shades become more vibrant and intense. I think the texture of these shadows is silky, smooth, and extremely easy to work with. This palette was a very pleasant surprise (I love mattes and I'm a pretty tough judge of them) and I think the $7.99 price-tag is fair considering how many shades you get and the quality of the shadows themselves.

Have you spotted the Milani Paint Eyeshadow Palette at your local CVS yet? Have you purchased one? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Thanks for all you do!

    Good news for those who don't have CVS - I found this about 3 - 4 weeks ago at Fred Meyer (Pacific Northwest version of Kroger). Hopefully they're not all sold out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors!! I am picky though,I don't like my colors touching|call me silly| Reminds me of that one company ***** slap has those colors wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly: Thank you so much for reminding me of that! In fact, Fred Meyer had these super early (before anyone)! :) Did you get one?

    Pixie: I completely understand that and I would normally totally agree with you. But actually, your comment reminded me of something that I forget to mention in my review. I'm not sure what kind of magic ingredient is in these shadows, but they don't seem to blend together after you use them. In other words, I've used this palette several times now, and the colors that are touching don't seem to be blending into each other at all. At first it looks like it's going to, but then when I blow on the surface of the palette, it's like it wipes it clean or something, and the colors all go back to being sharp and vibrant. I'm doing a horrible job at explaining that, but hopefully you get it. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to find these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are definitely very pretty. Plus, I love matte, bright shades. But more than all of this I find the overall look of this palette really cute. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this because you really can't find matte, bright colors all in one palette at drug store price! usually they are all shimmery! How fun would it be to grab this palette and also a shimmery color palette (with the same colors, of course) and just create one look with the same 2 colors- 1 matte and 1 shimmery- love this, so different- great idea, Milani

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I can't believe that the quality is so nice especially for drugstore :) I can't wait to see how this palette will compare with the future wet n wild matte palette! You should definitely do a comparison post! I'd be so curious to see their similarities and differences :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if any Canadian retailers will be carrying this? It's too cute to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definetly want to get this. I hope to see it at CVS soon, and I hope they have a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! this palette looks amazing! super bright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i also love matte eyeshadows! this is a pretty palette! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I need to get my hands on UDPP Eden, the shadows look much better on top

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig