Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 23, 2011

Spotted at the drugstore: lots of new products (pic heavy)

'Tis the season for new drugstore products, lovelies! I have a feeling these posts are going to be coming even more fast and furious has we head into the holiday season, so let's not waste any time.

Reader Kim spotted the Jesse's Girl Glitter Liners at Rite Aid recently and was kind enough to share some pics (and shade names with descriptions!):

 image credit: Kim for Nouveau Cheap


  image credit: Kim for Nouveau Cheap

Kim writes:
 Motown - Teal blue with teal glitter
Kittyhawk - Light blue with blue glitter
Broadway Lights - black w/ silver glitter
Bourbon Street - purple w/ purple glitter
Showtime - lilac w/ lilac glitter
Hotlanta (This is a lipliner, the only one in the collection) - hot pink w/ pink glitter

 image credit: Kim for Nouveau Cheap

Kim writes:
Glitter Gulch - Bronze w/ copper glitter
Second City - Brown w/ brown glitter
Tinseltown - Silver w/ silver glitter
Emerald city -  Green w/ green glitter
City lights - White w/ silver glitter
Broadway lights again

Frequent contributor (and all around awesome gal) Jess spotted this new Biore skincare collection recently:

  image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

And Jess also spotted these new multi-pack Revlon lashes:

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

Carla over at Deuce Beauties spotted the new Maybelline Color Explosion display and was nice enough to share pics. I actually just saw this one today, and I can confirm that the only LE products in this display are the baked shadow duos:

 image credit: Carla for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Carla for Nouveau Cheap

Carla also spotted the newest LE collection from NYC called In The Spotlight:

 image credit: Carla for Nouveau Cheap
I spotted this new Color Concept eyeshadow palette at Rite Aid recently:


I fear that the beautiful "glowy" finish on these shades is just an overspray, but they sure are pretty, aren't they?



Next up, also at Rite Aid, I spotted something that made me VERY happy: the Demeter winter displays!
 

I've said this before, but Demeter Snow is my favorite Demeter fragrance of all time, so I almost squealed when I saw that Snow was part of this display:




And guess what? Snow is part of this display too! 

Left to right: Baby Powder, Pure Soap, Egg Nog, Snow

Over at CVS, I spotted the new L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara display (retail: $8.99 each):


I have to admit, I was happy to see that this mascara has a traditional bristle brush (I'm kind of favoring real bristles over plastic/rubber applicators lately):



Next up, I spotted the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm display:


I want to thank everyone who took the time to send me photos of this display as well. I wish I could publish all of your fabulous pictures. But since it sounds like this collection has made its way into just about every drugstore across the nation this month, I have a feeling most of you have already seen it already in person, so that's why I'm just running one picture. Thanks again to every who submitted photos though--I really appreciate it!

Also at CVS, I spotted two new serums from Organix:

Left: Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
Right: Organix Shea Butter Liquid Glass Serum
(retail: $7.49 each)

And finally, back at Rite Aid I spotted the Ardell holiday collection of lashes:



Most of these have little flecks of holographic material on them. Very festive.


And that's it for this drugstore report! I want to thank everyone who contributed to this post, and also those who sent pics of these products that I did not publish. I really appreciate all of your help!

Have you spotted/purchased anything featured in this post? Thoughts?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I'm gonna check out the Demeter fragrances.

    I went to BB&B this week and found nuntin' honey. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome post. Just a quick note on the Ardell lashes - They also sell many of these at Sally's for a slightly lower cost. So if you are looking for a different selection, check there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased the Jesse's Girl Glitter liners...don't waste your money. The glitter doesn't transfer to the eyeliner and the eyeliner itself feels like sand. Totally not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Maybelline Display looks interesting. So does the new biore skin care products. I am on the look out for something new to try. I'm not a false eyelash person, but with these not posts and pics I just might have to try them! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just grabbed one the Baby Lips today! I love Biore Skin Preservation line. It has an awesome daily moisterizer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure the Biore Skin Preservation line is a couple years old. I had the Dual Fusion moisturizer before and really liked it.

    I need those Demeter scents!

    I had the best time at Ulta today. I found Orly Fowl Play (the last bottle in the store!) and Sweet Peacock, two really nice Ulta brand nail polishes ($2 each), one of the Essence Holographic collection polishes (duochrome, not holo), the orange polish from Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers, and a couple core line Essence products! So exciting, since I live an hour from the nearest Ulta. :D And I had my friend do a separate transaction for me so I used two coupons. My total was only about $20 for all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My local Rite Aid no longer carries Jesse's Girl products :\ They recently remodeled, and cut down their cosmetics selection and expanded on vitamins/supplements. I'll have to check at another store when I go out again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neither of the Organix serums is new. I've had the coconut one for over a year now (pretty good) and I know I've seen the shea butter one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Biore Skin Preservation is new to the US market? I didn't realize that. We've had it for a long time in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Emily, I just bought the ccoconut milk one on clearance at Albertson's for 3.49 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first couple of products aren't that new, but I'm definitely interested in the L'Oreal Voluminous Fiber mascara. The Maybelline Baby Lips seems like a dud again, ehh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I would have had my camera. Saw a new Sinful Colors display. "Breaking Light". No new colors, though, just re-promotes. :(

    Had like three colors, and their black crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I've ever seen Demeter at Rite Aid! I'm intrigued! (Sorry for the comment spam...finally got my Google account working after having problems for forever!)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig