Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Payless to debut another beauty line this week



Wow, I haven't even had the opportunity to try their Unforgettable Moments or Zac & Zoe Naturals products yet and they're already adding another line!

(from drugstorenews.com)

TOPEKA, Kan. — Payless ShoeSource is expanding its beauty offering with the availability of a new beauty brand, SXY by Unforgettable Moments, arriving in stores this week. Featuring nearly 20 affordable beauty and body items, the new line represents yet more competition for chain drug beauty.

The SXY items are available in 1,500 stores and start as low as $4, with nearly all products priced under $10. The new brand joins two other beauty collections in the Payless beauty portfolio: Unforgettable Moments and Zoe & Zac Naturals.

The SXY spring collection includes a signature fragrance — a melding of pineapple, citrus, sandalwood, musk and amber notes. This scent is available in an eau de toilette, priced at $20, and also is available as a mini purse spray for $10. The fragrance is infused in several body products, including a shower gel, shimmer mist and shimmer powder puff.

Color items are all priced $7 and under. A double-sided "Fat" eyeliner pencil comes with a built-in sharpener in the cap in duo-tones of Silver Dust/Bold Blue and Lilac Petal/Purple, among others. A light-up lip gloss features an affixed mirror and lighted applicator wand for applying in dark spaces, and is available in such spring shades as Raspberry Martini and Tropical Tease. A click-bottom sheer tint lip gloss features such colors as Pink Martina, Cool Melon and Berry Glaze, and will be available in early June.

Payless shoppers: have you tried any of their beauty offerings? Are you excited about this newest line? Thoughts?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I stopped into a Payless today. I did see the SXY fragrance. However, I didn't stop to smell it or to check out if there was more to the line. I did see that the original nail polishes and make up where on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried the Unforgettable Moments eyeshadow quads, and they are AMAZING! They are so soft and creamy-feeling (they're powders, by the way), and each quad comes with two cream eyeliners and pretty, coordinating colors. I think they were $5 or $6 a piece, and are TOTALLY worth it! I'm really excited to try some more of their products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to check these out for sure. I never bought the anything from the other lines, but the write up does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won a free palette from Payless a few months ago and had an allergic reaction to it. I used the palette three times and each time I used it my eyes would be red, watery and puffy needless to say after the third time I ended up giving the palette to my daughter.

    I also found the palette to be chalky and not very pigmented but still I bought another palette (I was willing to give it another shot) but unfortunately had the same reaction to the red palette as I did to the pink one. I ended up giving that palette to my daughter as well.

    The only good thing is that I didn't pay for the first one and the second one I got for more than 50% off since it was on sale for $5.99 and I had a coupon for like $2 or $3 so I didn't pay more than $4 on it.

    Would I recommend Payless Unforgettable Moments? No. Least not the eye shadows. The lip glosses I did like but the shadows were terrible.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig