Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: new nail art stickers from Kiss and Broadway Nails

I think we can all agree that the quickest, easiest and least inexpensive way to add some cuteness to any manicure (or pedicure) is to use nail art stickers. A well-placed sticker on a nail can really add personality to your look without being over-the-top (unless of course you're going for an over-the-top look, in which case you could use multiple stickers on all ten digits!).

Whether you want one sticker strategically placed on your "accent" nail, or a full-on blinged-out look that spans all of your nails, these new Kiss and Broadway Nails designs have got your covered. I received this new selection of nail art stickers for review recently and I have to say, I think these are their cutest designs yet:



I absolutely love the wildflower, hibiscus and gerbera daisy stickers in this pack! 


This pack is so cool! Not only do you get holo stickers (the stickers on the black sheet) but you also get little lemon slices! How adorable is that? (Apologies--the glare from the sun makes it look like the sheet with lemons has spots on it--I assure you these designs are extremely clear and very detailed).

For a very blingy look, you could go with straight-up rhinestones, of course.

Now I would like to show you four different looks I created using two Wet n Wild polishes as my canvas. The yellow polish is Collecting Pollen and the blue polish is Nerds Need Love Too.


I absolutely LOVE that little lemon slice! A word of caution though: the lemon slices are printed on thicker plastic, so they don't lay as flush on the nail as the other stickers pictured above. I would suggest reinforcing the lemon slice with a bit of nail glue just to ensure it stays put.

I really love the white design against the blue background (upper right photo). That sticker lasted very long on my nail and I didn't even top it with a layer of clear top coat (which I suggest you do just to preserve the sticker). The red hibiscus flower is another favorite for me--I think the tiny bit of yellow near the center of flower coordinates really well against my yellow polish. The holo design on the lower left is really fun because it's neat to see it change colors when you're out in the sun.

Kiss and Broadway Nails nail art stickers are available at all major drugstores and they retail for around $3 a pack (even less if you can catch them on sale).

Do you own any Kiss or Broadway Nails nail art stickers? Are you excited about any of these new designs? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I've used the rhinestones before and I hate them! The glue they use does not adhere them to your nail, so you end up with the rhinestones shifting around and exposing the glue making your nail a sticky mess! ...Even IF you use a layer of top coat to adhere them and cover them.

    I prefer to use crafting or unglued nail art rhinestones instead and use top coat with them. I've never had a problem with rhinestones coming off or moving that way and they're MUCH cheaper!

    ♥ M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also.. the lemon slices you posted look very similar to Fimo slices! I'd be interested to see them in person and compare them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I use these nail stickers, I have to use tweezers to place them on my nails. I also use nail glue to keep them on, and clear polish over them. Even so, some of them still fall off or tear apart.

    Aside from that, they are fun to use, and that lemon slice is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that is so cute. im also lovin that Blue polish from wnw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and use them alot during the summer on my pedicure!! :) Cant wait to try the new ones. By the by, G. how does that yellow polish apply? Is the coverage smooth or streaky? Still looking for the perfect pastel yellow with good application!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have and love the Kiss stickers; mostly because unlike some other brands I've tried that curl and stick up, once you put them on and coat them with FDTC they don't even look like stickers; when I wear the white and gold ones it just looks like my Konad efforts would look if I didn't completely suck at it. I love that they are coming out with nail art that mimics the fimo slices because as cute as the fimo is I know I don't have the patience. Will be keeping my eyes peeled for those for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the nail art stickers...I have several packs of the Kiss brand, and will definitely be looking for these new ones too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig