Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

China Glaze For Audrey (at last!)

During Sally Beauty's Black Friday sale last year, I finally picked up the one China Glaze shade that has been on my wishlist for eons. It's a core-collection shade, which means it's normally very easy for anyone to purchase, but for some reason it's always sold out at my local Sally.

So finally, FINALLY, I have For Audrey. I'm sure this needs no explanation, but For Audrey is inspired by the iconic Tiffany Blue. Who doesn't love a Breakfast at Tiffany's reference, right?

 (indoors with flash)

(outdoors, no flash)

Note: any little specks you see on my nails are due to residual glitter that was floating around in my top coat from a previous manicure (don't you hate it when that happens?). I assure you, there's no glitter or shimmer in For Audrey. It's a dreamy, creamy straight-up creme and the formula is PERFECT. It flows onto the nails so beautifully it practically paints itself.

I required two coats for perfect opacity, and I actually could have gotten away with one coat if I were more careful.

China Glaze polishes retail for around $5.99 but they're currently on sale right now for $5 each at Sally. You can find them elsewhere, but Sally is the most convenient place to get them in my area so that's where I usually buy mine.

Do you own For Audrey? Are you in love with this shade as much as I am?
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I think if I owned this I'd be tempted to paint two intersecting white lines and konad a white bow on at least ONE nail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! it's on my wish list too. :O) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for this color.. but no where to be found. especially no Sally's near me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have For Audrey and LOVE it. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so weird, I just bought this today because I have been wanting it for sooo long!! It's gorgeoussss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't own this, but I want it! :) It looks lovely on you G. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes i have it and yes i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sallys in my area also had the crackle glazes out too. they are $5. Also they had a ne Orly diplay and i picked up Ancient Jade. But i think i might have to get For Audrey now too and go back and get the white crackle glaze. I got the crished candy shade but havent tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my favorite shades of all time.. it looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This polish looks beautiful! I need to pick it up ASAP!!!! It looks perfect for the coming spring/summer months :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's one of my favorites. I get lots of compliments when I wear it too. Even the UPS guy that delivers to us at work said what an interesting shade it was one time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE this color! it is my favorite polish i own!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, this is actually the only China Glaze polish I currently own. I think it is an interesting color, but it definitely convinced me that I'm just not into creams. It's very nice with a nice sparkly like Hidden Treasure plonked on top of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When this first came out I was immediately obsessed!!! I went to SUCH lengths to find it and finally got it on line. Paid $5 to ship a $5 polish but was that obsessed! This is my all time favorite color and polish and so glad that it is core now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have it & I LOVE IT!!!! It is such a beautiful color! I def think it will be one of my go-to colors for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have it and like it, don't love it. It gives me some lobster hands! I have a pic of DS and I on his first day of school and I have FA on. I can't help but think it will eventually look dated.

    I have been eyeing Refresh Mint as a more toned down alternative to FA.

    I am going to stock up on some core ChG this month. G, it would be great if you could a post on them while they are on sale at Sally's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it!! I found THE PERFECT Tiffany Blue-- Essie's turquoise and caicos. It's spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. For Audrey is lovely - I'm so glad you finally found it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig