Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, October 18, 2010

NYC at Dollar Tree!

I want to give a huge thank-you to my faithful reader, Donna, for alerting us to the fact that lots of NYC goodies have surfaced at Dollar Tree lately. Donna left a comment on this post, which is where I encourage all of you to leave comments if you've found a great deal somewhere and would like to share it with us immediately (if you email me, sometimes I don't get to my email as often as I'd like, so leaving a comment on that post is much encouraged and appreciated!). All you have to do is click the little pink piggy bank on my left-hand sidebar.

So Donna said that she found NYC Glossies (a discontinued nail polish line that I LOVED and wish they would have never discontinued) at her Dollar Tree, and that's all she had to say! I went to my Dollar Tree as soon as I could, and I found Glossies 2-packs plus LOTS more! Here are some pics:

(Note: all of the following products are $1 each at Dollar Tree)

Various lipsticks (lots of reds), eyeshadow duos, trios, quads and palettes, Lip Sliders

More eyeshadows (new packaging and older packaging), Lip Sliders, and waterproof mascara

More eyeshadows, liquid foundations and six-pan eyeshadows & blush kits

Glossies 2-packs!

Also, in addition to the usual e.l.f. stuff that's common at my Dollar Tree (nail polishes, etc.) I spotted these Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balms in Vanilla Creme and Orange Creme. I had never seen these at Dollar Tree before! Have you tried these? What do you think of them?


If you're an NYC fan, definitely take a trip to your local Dollar Tree and see if you can spot these goodies! For just a dollar a piece, this would be a fun and inexpensive way to play around with some new eye, lip and nail colors!

Have you already spotted NYC at your Dollar Tree? If so, what have you picked up? I'd love to hear from you! And thanks again, Donna, for the heads-up about this!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I had no idea! My first polish lemming (thought I didn't know what lemmings were then) was one of the NYC Glossies, and I still have and love it. Now I need to go to Dollar Tree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am sooo getting the Tinted Lip Balms if my local Dollar Tree has it, I love those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the prices on these babies? Hopefully not the retail price?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Dollar Tree... Everything is a dollar... o.o

    I need to scope out the good old Dollar Tree again. We only really have one DT in our city that gets decent swag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been. I've been to other "dollar" stores and they don't sell everything for a dollar, so it's not so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the Vanilla Lip Balm, but the Orange is GROSS!!! It tastes and smells like those orange cleaners...blech! I have the Strawberry as well and it's not as bad, but still nothing spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zara: I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my love of Glossies! They were awesome! :)

    cjx: When you say Tinted Lip Balms, are you talking about the NYC Lip Sliders or the e.l.f. lip balms? Are the e.l.f. balms tinted? I haven't tried them so I'm not sure. Thanks!

    SH: Sorry, I should have stated for those who don't live near a Dollar Tree that everything there is $1 and all of the products I mentioned are definitely $1 a piece. Awesome, huh? Thanks for asking and I'll update my post with prices. :)

    Erin: I think it would definitely be worth your while to get out to that Dollar Tree and see what you can find! :)

    M: Oooh, that is very good to know! Thank you! If I go back and get one, I'll be sure to get the vanilla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colour me jealous. No dollar trees here but dollarama does get amazing stuff sometimes.

    As for those elf lip balms, I like the strawberry but the vanilla will turn your lips white-not very attractive. They are moisturizing though, so good for night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep I have been seeing some NYC at my Dollar Tree but not as much as the ones shown above. I gotta check out my two local DT. I do hate though that my DT restocking is always slow and sometimes shipment is not as good as the others have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like those ELF balms. Totally worth the dollar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got some of the Nail Glossies there last week! Mine didn't have as wide a selection of other things, though, and the NG shades were pretty limited. Still, I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked up one Nail Glossies 2-pack and may go back for more. The shades names are all missing on the bottles; they only have numbers (225 & 249B). But after doing a little online research I *think* I got American Beauty and Cognac Sparkle. The latter is gorgeous!

    I have to warn you about the Ultra Moist lipsticks at the Dollar Tree. I saw a shimmery white one on the rack and thought "ooh, a possible MAC Bubbles l/s dupe." I got home and realized the lipstick had gone rancid. Ew. And it wasn't supposed to be white! The name of the shade was actually #317B Lilac (I wish I had checked the name before buying) which I believe was discontinued at least 2 years ago! The color had drained into the bottom third of the lipstick, so the top two-thirds was completely snow white and the bottom third was lilac-purple O_o Thank goodness I only swatched it on my hand, but it left a really sticky residue that I needed an oil cleanser to remove. I love NYC Ultra Moist lipsticks but I won't be getting anymore at the Dollar Tree.

    I've only tried the elf Therapeutic lip balm in Blackberry Creme and it's yummy. It smells exactly like Marukawa brand grape gum or any grape gum you'd get at a Japanese/Asian supermarket. The balm is colored a light purple but it goes on completely clear. It has a very slick texture and I don't find it all that moisturizing but it smells good :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! I'll have to visit my Dollar Tree this afternoon! NYC is usually fairly good quality, and so cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will second Michelle in saying that the e.l.f. Vanilla balm does turn your lips white. But it's really creamy and has really nice slip to it, I put it on before bed. The vanilla is not yucky or overpowering...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dollar Tree here I come! I hope the selection in my area is as great, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the a few thereaputic lip balms from elf. They are grainy and have a weird taste/smell that seems very plasticy. Sorry I can't describe it better, but they were a major flop in my opinion. I'm pretty happy with everything I get from ELF, so these were def the exception.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea there was that many deals to be had at the dollar tree. Nice post, I believe you would just have to make sure products are not expired.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig