Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Beauty Ticket deal you don't want to miss (if you've got dry, lifeless, color-treated hair, that is)

Do you suffer from dry, color-treated, dull hair that consistently lacks volume, softness and shine? If so, you might want to keep reading because I haven't been this excited about a new haircare line in a very, very long time. Why? Well, because I personally suffer from dry, color-treated hair that often lacks volume, bounce and shine. So I know what I'm talking about here, and I can first-hand tell you how these products changed and improved my hair and, most importantly, how you can try them too, and for a fraction of the retail price.

Lumenesse Age-Defying Colour Care might just be the best haircare line that you've never heard of, and I don't say that lightly.  When the gals at Beauty Ticket (which, as many of you know, just so happens to be my favorite place to get high-end beauty products at ridiculously low prices) offered to send me a collection of products recently for review, I'll admit that I was curious. But  then they explained how excited they were about these products, and well, that made me sit up and take note.

And seriously, I am SO glad I tried this Hydration Trio by Lumenesse, and I want to explain to you exactly why I'm so excited about these products. Apologies in advance about the length of this review (it's pretty long) but as you know, it's very rare that I recommend a product that retails for over $20 on this blog. So when I do, I feel that I need to give you every last detail when it comes to my impressions of the product. So if you're curious, and you have a few moments to read this through post, please continue!
Lumenesse Hydration Trio contains:
Lumenesse Hydrating Shampoo (12 oz)
Lumenesse Hydrating Conditioner (10.1 oz)
Lumenesse Shine Define Sculpting Lotion (10.1 oz)

Retail value of this trio: $70
Beauty Ticket Private Sale price: $24.99
(private sale begins tomorrow, October 20th and runs through October 22nd)

I want to get right down to the nuts and bolts of it and tell you how this line improved my own hair, and I'm hoping that by doing that, I'll be able to help you determine whether or not you think this might be a good investment for your own hair.

But first, let me give you a bit of information about the ingredients and formulas of these products, directly from the Lumenesse website:

Potent Natural Antioxidants Protect Colour & Restore Health  Botanical Pomegranate, Grapeseed, Super Oxide Dismutase and Green Tea Extracts deeply protect hair from free radical damage.

Certified Organic Botanicals & Vitamins Nourish & Revitalize  Precious Avocado and Olive Oil with Vitamins B, C and E restore the natural moisture and youthful resilience that makes colour treated hair look and feel radiantly alive again.

Perfectly Balanced Proteins & Lipids Recondition Each Strand  Natural wheat proteins and essential fatty acids replenish lost moisture and bind it to the hair for super silkiness and manageability.

  • No Colour Stripping Sulfates And Salts
  • No Carcinogenic Parabens Or Dea
  • Luxurious 'Thera-sensory' Aromas
  • Pure Eco-compliant Ingredients
  • No Animal Ingredients Or Animal Testing

Sounds pretty impressive, right? And considering that you have a chance to snag a full-size bottle of each of these products for less than $10 a piece when you break it down, I think it sounds even better.

But here's why I'm ridiculously excited about Lumenesse.  From the very first time I used these products--actually, from the minute I worked the shampoo into my hair--I knew something was different.  Sure, I've used zillions of products that leave my hair with a sort of protective coating and make it feel softer and more manageable. But something about Lumenesse is different.  Both the shampoo and conditioner coat my hair, but in a way I have never experienced. These products make my hair feel so soft and shiny and, well, renewed. And they keep on working, all day and all night, to leave my hair feeling bouncy, manageable, and better-looking than I've seen it in years.  

The Hyrdrating Shampoo is rich and luxurious and I feel like I only need to use about half the amount that I use of my other shampoos.  Oh, and the smell! To me, it just smells so clean, and so...expensive. That's kind of a lame way to describe a fragrance, but I swear it just smells decadent. I detect some lavender here, and also a clean, soapy type of fragrance. Whatever it is, I love it and so does Mr. G, apparently. Every time I use these products, my hair is like a magnet to his nose!

As for the Hydrating Conditioner, it's dramatically different than other conditioners I have used. It's got a little bit of slip but at first, as I'm working it through my hair, it doesn't instantly detangle or give me the feeling that other heavy-duty conditioners feel in my hair.  But after leaving it in my hair for a few minutes before rinsing, it's like something magical happens.  When I rinse this conditioner out of my hair, it's like my hair just feels healthy again. I don't know how else to explain it.  It just feels like a complete transformation as occurred, right in my shower.

The Shine Define Sculpting Lotion has a bit of a learning curve to it. I first used too much, and my hair felt a little heavy, and then I didn't use enough and ended up not seeing any real change to my hair. But after I found my sweet spot (about the amount of two peas), I can tell you that I LOVE this product and what it does for my hair. It's like the cherry on the sundae in this haircare cocktail.  When I skip this step and just use the shampoo and conditioner, my hair looks and feels fabulous.  But when I use the sculpting lotion, it just looks more polished, and I feel that I have a tiny bit more control, and shine.  It's wonderful stuff and, if you purchase this trio I think you won't want to skip this final step.

I've used other haircare products that claim to be age-defying, but never have I used a line of products that truly leaves my hair feeling and looking like I haven't put it through decades of abuse. I feel like I have the gorgeous, healthy hair of a child again when I use Lumenesse, which makes it worth every single penny (especially at this wonderful Beauty Ticket price!). I wish I could speak to the "Nano Fade Defense" claims about how these products protect hair color with their full spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreens and anti-oxidants, but honestly, I'd need to keep using them over a period of months to really give you a subtantial verdict on that.  I have only been using Lumenesse for a few weeks now but that's enough time to let you know that I absolutely LOVE the effect of these products on my hair so far.

Oh, and I also want to let you know that after using Lumenesse for seven days straight, I did a little test and used a shampoo and conditioner I'm less-than-thrilled with, and which have been hogging valuable space in my shower.  I thought that, on the eighth day, it would be interesting to see how my hair looked and felt if I switched it up and used something I haven't had good results with--just to test the powers of Lumenesse. I'm very pleased to report the effects of Lumenesse are not fleeting! Even after skipping a day and using another shampoo and conditioner, my hair felt softer, bouncier and thicker than before! So if you purchase this trio and you'd like to conserve it (because I know, it's quite an investment for most Nouveau Cheap readers), just know that I was able to skip a day or two, use a less-expensive shampoo and conditioner, and still feel some lasting effects on my hair.

I hope I've given you what you need to know in order to make a decision about whether or not you'd like to invest in this trio. My hair is fine in texture (but I've got lots of it), it's oily at the roots but very, very dry at the ends and it's color-treated. And I often suffer from dull, lifeless-looking hair that just doesn't have that shine or bounce to it anymore.  So based on the condition of my hair, I can tell you that Lumenesse provided me with a total hair transformation.  I'm going on week three of using these products, and I haven't looked back.

Beginning tomorrow, Oct. 20 and running through Oct. 22, Beauty Ticket will be hosting a private sale for this trio at the awesome price for $24.99. All you have to do to take part in this sale is register here, and you're in! I hope that if you have hair like mine, you'll at least consider this investment. Because believe me, I know how it feels to have hair that's limp, lifeless and dull, I just can't stress enough how much these products have improved the look and feel of my hair. As I always say, your mileage may vary, but if your hair has similar traits to mine, I think you might be very pleasantly surprised with the performance of these products.  

PS: And if you'd like a second opinion on Lumenesse, check out Stef's review (Stef is co-editor of the fab WeHeartThis) here.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Does it start at a certain time? I just logged in and only saw the brushes. Is it already sold out? Oh NO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca: I'm so happy that you are thinking about getting the trio! I think that you may have accessed the site a bit early, as the sale *just* started at around 9:30am Pacific time. Everything should be available for you now. :)

    Please please keep me posted about how you like these products if you get them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know how much for shipping from beautyticket? thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig