Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 9, 2010

Spotted at the drugstore: new polishes from Sally Hansen and more!

Hello, lovelies! If you don't follow me on Twitter, then you probably don't know that I had jury duty today (my sixth time in six years!). It was a LONG day, but I ultimately didn't have to serve on a jury (they settled at the last minute) and I am BEAT! So, unfortunately, I'm waaaay behind on comments again. After this post I'm hittin' the hay, so forgive me!

I visited some "foreign" Rite Aid and CVS locations (ie: outside of my town) recently and I spotted lots of new goodies I wanted to show you!

First, at Rite Aid, I spotted the new Limited Edition Sally Hansen Insta-Dri display:


It's hard to tell, but there are metallics, shimmers and cremes in this new collection. The glosses are in corresponding shades that match some of the polishes. Here's a closer look:


If I didn't have such horrible luck with the Insta-Dri formula (I know it works very well for some of you but these polishes peel within 24 hours on my nails, even with Orly Bonder and other base coats) I would have purchased Golden Flash (back row) and Metallic Momentum right on the spot. They are both beautiful and kind of unique shades (for the drugstore at least). Golden Flash isn't a traditional gold, but more of a softer, warmer, almost rose-gold (it doesn't have rose/pink it in, but it's RIGHT on the border of being so warm that it almost looks like it has pink in it, if that makes any sense). And Metallic Momentum is a beautiful pewter-taupe metallic. There's a plum creme and a berry creme that also look lovely for fall, and the purple shimmer (Purple Bolt) is very pretty too. So nice to see all these deep plums and purples for fall!

And here's a closer look at the glosses:


Sorry for the blurry pic! These are all very pretty shades (much prettier in person).

Moving on to what I spotted at CVS:

L.A. Colors Color Craze Metallics 4-pack (retail: $2.99)

I think it was my lovely reader Donna (or maybe it was Bobbysgeel?) that told me she spotted these LA Colors 4-packs at her CVS and I was INSANELY jealous! (I'm sorry, I'm kind of delirious right now but I think it was one of you two wonderful ladies--please correct me if I'm wrong!). Anyway, four LA Colors Metallics (full size bottles!) for just $2.99? I thought I would never, ever see these in San Diego, and then BOOM! I spotted them at this "foreign" CVS! It just goes to show you that if you visit the drugstores a few towns over from where you live, you never know WHAT you might find!

Here's a closer look:


There's a magenta, a purple, a silverish bronze and a teal. So pretty! Also at this CVS, I finally spotted the elusive Wet n Wild traincases that caused quite a stir when I posted some pics sent to me from my longtime reader BeautifulMonday a while back (click here if you missed that post). Such a GREAT deal for $9.99! I hope you all are spotting that traincase at your local CVS locations. It would make a wonderful gift for the makeup junkie in your life this holiday season!

Also at CVS, I finally spotted the new core-collection Milani Baked Bronzers:
Milani Baked Bronzers (retail: $8.99)

Ladies, these bronzers are beautiful in person! I love how they have gold veining running through them, and the cases are so expensive-looking! Have any of you tried these yet? What do you think of them?

And finally, for all you polish fanatics, I spotted this display at a local beauty supply the other day:

Ruby Kisses Le Juicy Neon Collection (retail: $1.99 each)

Ruby Kisses is one of my favorite beauty-supply brands. I love their polishes (well, most of them--they do have some stinkers like that green creme I've whined about in the past) but for the most part, their colors are so pretty and so affordable (prices range from 99-cents to $1.99 in my area). I thought it was interesting to note that they've changed the logo on their bottles (it's now a crown and two swans) and well, who doesn't love bright and colorful neons (even though we're headed into fall, I know)!

Here's a closer look:


I know this bottle design isn't unique to the neon collection because I saw the new logo on some core collection bottles as well. Anyway, I have no idea just how new this collection is (for all I know it could have released at the beginning of the summer) but it's just so hard to tell with beauty-supply brands. Beauty supply stores tend to put displays up at all different times so your guess is as good as mine.

If you want a much better look at the new bottles, plus super pretty swatches of Yellow Bikini, check out the lovely Pink Nail Blog's swatches here.

That's it for this drugstore report but, as always, I'd love to hear your thoughts about anything featured in this post!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Ahh yes the Milani bronzers. They look SO pretty! It's basically the cheaper version of MAC msfs =O

    But still...I want a sale before I try it haha

    I read about it on MusingsofaMuse and she says they're fantastic! So I really want to try them (all of them b/c I'm greedy haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ "foreign" drugstores.

    2 swans & a crown? how REGAL! LOL

    Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the lightest Milani bronzer a few weeks ago. It looked SO gorgeous in the compact, I just had to have it, and I don't really wear bronzer!

    My heart fell when I swatched it, it seemed really orange to me. But when I put it on my face, it was really lovely!

    They're not as smooth as an MSF (I'm probably using the wrong word here, I just don't know how to describe it), but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is neon polishes the trend for this season? I have been seeing so much neon colors poping up every where, for me I cannot stand the brightness..somehow I am afraid of being the one who stand out...heehhee...excellent find on the L.A color...I think it is cheapest u can find..Got to drop by my local Rite Aid, Waggs, and CVS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the lightest shade of the Milani bronzer & I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been eyeing those Milani bronzers but i splurged and bought a BareMinerals one (on sale at Sephora) this summer and it's going to last forever because a little goes a long way!

    it's the most natural looking flush of sun though, and non-shimmery, so i don't regret it, but i don't really have room or need for the milani one. maybe next summer! i'm set for MU for now- trying to be a good recessionista and shop my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen those Milani Bronzers too but I passed. Milani has unveiled so much stuff recently, HD lipstick and concealer, new polishes and lip pencils and a new pencil liner. I'm working my way through that stuff then I'll try the bronzers.
    They are really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boyfriend left for the day and I'm stuck here with a broken down car. Otherwise, I'd be at CVS right now buying nail polish! I just got NYC quick dry polish in Park Ave. It looked like a lovely grey toned purple in the bottle but it is super sheer. Those Sally colors look nice! And the Milani bronzer looks much more expensive than it is. I'd love to try that one too. Walmart had Nicole by Opi polishes ($7) but all the best colors were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the LA Colors polishes last week and wore the black/silver and swatched all the rest of them last night. They're really nice! Unfortunately I found the purple a little sheer and hard to work with, but all the others are great and I love the formula and wear time. I hope CVS has these sets more often!

    Oh, and I'm not too happy with the Wet n Wild train case. I hate that the eyeshadows and blushes don't have real packaging for them. I don't really know how to store them since they're in such flimsy little things without real lids. :( Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the LA polish pack today at CVS and was very tempted ($3 - are you kidding me??), but there was a box of polish waiting on my doorstep when I got home so...no dice.

    Also saw the traincase for Wet n' Wild, but it didn't strike my fancy.

    Didn't see the Milani bronzers though, or too many other new displays. The CVS's in my area are super slow to get that stuff in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, if I lived in the USA I'd be broke FOR SURE!! LOL! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how I missed this post but I did. That was me who alerted you to the LA Colors deal. I still haven't used any of mine. I've been sick the past 3 days and too dizzy to do polish, so I'm stuck with a sad chipped and pealing manicure. It's Sally Hansen Ru-by or Not to Be, beautiful red almost magenta shimmer.

    I passed on the train case too, I knew I would never use either the lipsticks or nail colors, and probably not the mascara either. The case itself is very small, maybe 7X7X7 or 8X8X8? I'll stick to the dollar store storage boxes and getting WnW cosmetics at BOGO sales in the colors and the items I want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really like the neons. which drug store did you get them from/ online store do you know sells them. thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig