Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 20, 2010

New Limited Edition Wet n Wild Pixie Holiday Collection


I know I always say it but I swear to you, my readers are the BEST. If it weren't for all of you, I would miss so many of the limited edition collections that hit drugstores because often, these collection hit my drugstores late, or not at all (and I know I'm not alone because this is the number one complaint I hear from so many of you. If only we ALL had access to every LE drugstore collection out there! *sigh*).

So a BIG thanks to my lovely reader Meagan for giving me all the details, plus a pic, of the newest from Wet n Wild:

Wet n Wild Limited Edition Color Icon Pixie Holiday Collection
(retail: $4.95 each at Meijer)

As you can see, this collection includes four different 6-pan eyeshadow palettes, and each palette comes with a mini Color Icon eyeliner pencil in a coordinating color (Meagan said the liner is a little less than half the size of a regular Color Icon eyeliner). Meagan spotted this collection at her local Meijer which, unfortunately for those of us not in the midwest, is a midwest-only chain.

Meagan purchased the gold palette in the bottom right side of the display called Golden Goddess and she said that the shadows were all amazingly pigmented and blend very nicely (it's her new go-to palette!).

If these are anything like the core collection 6-pan palettes, I think we can expect to see lots of MAC dupes!

I'm super excited to see these in person--have any of you spotted this display yet or purchased any of the palettes?

I think it's time to declare it: the limited edition drugstore makeup holiday season frenzy has officially begun.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Omgosh!! I need a few of these quads. Can't wait for them to come to Rite Aid and can't wait for more Rite Aid Wet 'n' Wild sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D How exciting! I love new, limited edition makeup collections!! The new Wet n' Wild collections have been really impressive and I'm expecting these to deliver quality too!

    Is it just me or does the palette on the bottom right look a lot like the vanity palette (especially the matte shades!)? I wish I could see what the bottom left palettes looked like better. What colors are in that palette?

    Thanks for sharing this find!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet goodness! I want these so badly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want these! I purchased 2 of the palettes lately and I can't get over how much Wet n Wild has upped their game! These look awesome. Is that a burgundy I see in one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness these are affordable! And does that one in the back have RED? Whoot, hot tamales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, I'm so excited for more Color Icon palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, so now I won't be able to rest until I find the one with the red shade. Thanks a lot! :P

    The one on the front-right does look extremely similar to Vanity, though. Fingers crossed they're similar enough that it won't be another temptation against my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I'll be on the lookout for these for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got 2 of these, Night Elf (this one has a MAC Club dupe!) and Sugar Plum Fairy. Just swatched 'em for my blog and they are PRETTY! Very pigmented. If you have a Meijer near you (and I know you don't, G, sorry! :(), look for them there this week because all WnW is 50% off through Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ::starts hyperventilating:: I NEED ALL OF THESE!!!! =] haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purty! I'll definitely be stalking my drugstores until I spot those palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whaaa? Those look awesome!! I hope they come through here!!

    And, yes, you have the best readers. :D I love how they save me monies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you seen the new Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure limited edition colors for fall? Our local Walgreens is having a bogo 1/2 off on sally hansen products this week, so I went in and saw the new display up. I bought a Brown/Gold glitter called "Sequin Scandal" Very nice colors for fall, you should check it out.
    I also got the xtreme wear colors in Mystic Lilac and Purple Gala as you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see a gorgeous red in one of those palettes, wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I'm curious about the palette with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I want the palette on the back/right side with that burgundy shade. I hope it's a good burgundy and not more red based. With a silver, black and some browns it would be a good one to have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited, I finally found them at my Walgreens today! I've been on the hunt for them since I saw these pics, lol. The sales assosciate said they just got them in. They were in a weird place at the end of the isle away from where they usually display the new items. So I'm glad I noticed them. They had all four in stock. I got night elf and sugar plum fairy and I absolutely love them! I'm really loving the club dupe in the night elf palette, it is such a unique shade. I may have to go back to get the other two tommorow. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig