Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Limited Edition L'Oreal HiP Midnight Muse Collection

Last week I showed you the LE L'Oreal Midnight Muse display that I spotted at my local Rite Aid (click here if you missed it) and when I saw that display, I had no idea that there was also an eye color display in this new collection.  But then my lovely longtime reader BeautifulMonday clued me in and sent me a pic of the HiP display that she spotted at her local Bed Bath & Beyond, (thank you, thank you, BeautifulMonday for alerting me to this!) and then just the other day I spotted the display myself at Rite Aid.

I am so beyond excited about these new HiP duos that I can barely stand it--read on and I'll show you why:


 Left to right:
Dark Wave 330
Luna Noir 340
Moon Goddess 350
Enchantress 360
unknown name 370

As far as I'm concerned, there are two standout duos in this collection: Dark Wave and Enchantress. I tried my best to take some close-ups of these two duos, but they turned out just awful so I'll try to describe them:


Dark Wave (above) has a light charcoal gray matte on one side, and then a pewter-olive green shimmer on the other. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I almost got a little queasy when I saw this up close because it is just  so STUNNING in person. I haven't seen another shade like this in the drugstore in...well...NEVER!


Enchantress 360 (above) has a true black matte on one side and then...wait for it...a TAUPE shimmer on the other! Now, I'm not trying to start another HiP 510 hysteria situation, but um, this looks to be a stunning, warm taupe that JUST might be prettier than the much-coveted Electrified 510. 

I almost have to giggle and imagine that L'Oreal knows exactly what they're doing with this one, and that's why they named it "Enchantress" which also starts with an "E" (hello, Electrified!). And the number of Enchantress is 360, ending in "0" just like 510. Hum. Maybe they winked at us when they named this one, eh?

Wow, I almost forgot that there's also some new HiP liners in this display:


As you can see, there's a dark burgundy/maroon, a black-brown and a rich chocolate brown. Is it just me or do you also just ADORE fall/winter colors? So so so pretty!

OK ladies, have you spotted this display in person yet? And if so, did you get anything? I need those two duos, I tell you!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Wow! You & I are surfing the same wave or something! Lol I just saw this today! I passed on the shadows ( I've got too many lately that I haven't even touched :/ ). But I DID get 2 liners..#325 Dark Night &#315 Dark Romance. They're gorge! I swatched them & then did something else..5 min. later I tried to wipe them off & holy staying power Batman! I LOVE these! Great post (as usual) G.! <3,Ter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, I'm so jealous of you guys getting the fall collections so early! All I've seen this week is Revlon's Suede Rhapsody collection that you told us about like weeks ago. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw these at Ulta the other day! Passed because it's so hard to tell what the shades look like with all the writing in the way! Plus despite all the raves I'm not really into HIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these fall collections! Enchantress is my kind of duo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my display was gutted so I'm very glad you found a fuller one! wow, Dark Wave is amazing! i am soo broke right now, but i think i can go for one of the duos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen this display yet, but I might today while out on errands.

    LOL @ "queasy" b/c of the beauty.
    A true beauty lover not unlike myself.

    I'm excited about the new products. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, here in upstate NY we never get this stuff!!!!! I get so frustrated but should probably be greatful since it saves me $! I shall live vicariously thru you all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these look nice! I am loving the fall/ winter collections coming out! Even though I hate the cold..the new makeup coming out makes me happy about it..lol..Love HIP too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am loving these fall/winter collections and can't wait to see these! Thanks for all the great descriptions. Definitely a few to add to the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The # 360 enchantress taupe eyeshadow is exactly the same as the Sassy duo taupe in the regular collection. I have them both

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig