Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Amazing haircare deals at Rite Aid this week--but hurry!

Before I start this post, I want to remind any of you Physicians Formula powder foundation fans that PF powder foundations and bronzers are on sale at CVS this week for $5.99. I have been holding on to a $1 PF coupon for a while now and I finally used it the other day to get my beloved Healthy Wear SPF50 powder foundation for just $4.99 (regular retail is around $14 so that's a heck of a deal that I don't want you to miss out on if you're a PF foundation fan).

No on to the post:

This could not have come at a better time for me, because, as fate would have it, I'm running dangerously low on shampoo and conditioner right now. So if you're like me and you need to stock up, I've got some GREAT deals to tell you about, but you have to hurry because these deals end Saturday (or today, if you're in a test market like me) at Rite Aid.

1) Aveeno haircare is on sale for $5.99, and there was a $1 coupon in most Sunday papers last week. AND, there's also a $4 coupon on the Video Values site right now! So watch the video, print your coupon and you're looking at a bottle of Aveeno shampoo or conditioner for a buck or two (if you have the Sunday paper coupon, you can stack it with the Video Values coupon!). This is an amazing deal that you can be sure I'm going to take advantage of, since I love love love Aveeno's Nourish+ Moisture Shampoo. If you've got damaged/color-treated/dry hair, I think you might love this shampoo as well. It's just so luxurious and moisturizing but it never weighs my hair down. It's perfection for me, and it's normally around $7 a bottle.

2) Nexxus fans! This is pretty darn amazing. First, if you haven't registered your Rite Aid Wellness+ card online yet, you NEED to, because every week Rite Aid emails Wellness+ members exclusive online coupons and info. You're really missing out if you don't register your account online, so I suggest you do it ASAP at RiteAid.com. Last week I got this in my inbox:

Offer good through 10/2

But it gets better! This week, Nexxus products are on sale BOGO1/2OFF. But wait! There's more! (I feel like an infomercial!) There's also a coupon on the Video Values site for $6 off when you buy two Nexxus products. So let's do the math here:

[EDIT: I made a mistake the first time I did this, so I've edited it and corrected my error. -G]

Let's say you buy Nexxus Therapee Shampoo (33.8 oz, retail: $17.99) and Nexxus Comb Thru Finishing Mist ($4.49). Without any sales or discounts, your total would be $22.48. With the BOGO1/2OFF sale, that brings your total down to $20.24. And since you bought $20 worth of Nexxus, you'll also receive $7 back in +UP Rewards, which brings your total down to $13.24. But THEN, you've got the $6 off 2 Nexxus products coupon from the Video Values site, which then brings your total down to just $7.24. For two full-size items!

And remember, there are tons and tons of haircare and makeup coupons the Video Values site right now. I just printed out a $3 coupon for Salon Graphix (finally, I'm going to try their dry shampoo!) and a $1 coupon for Infusium (good to save for the next Infusium sale and stack with a manufacturer's coupon). Oh, and don't forget you can also print a $5 off $25 purchase coupon if you plan on doing some hauling. I will definitely be using this coupon on top of the Aveeno, Nexxus and Salon Graphix coupons for even more savings.

I hate to sound preachy, but please print out any and all coupons for the items you love and use on a regular basis. Even if there isn't a good sale to pair them with this week, you never know what type of sales are around the corner. If you've got those coupons in your purse, they'll help you to get your favorite products for free (or very close to it). So print them just in case!

For a complete list of all the Video Values beauty coupons for October, click here.

And don't forget--if you want to take advantage of the Aveeno or Nexxus deals, you have to do it by Saturday! Happy shopping.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. hey g, i just want to send some love and prayers your way and also ask: if you did the nexxus deal and bought something else to bring your total to $25, could you use the $5 off $25 vv coupon WITH the $6 off nexxus vv coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sel! Thank you so much. :)

    First I want to tell you that I made an error the first time I calculated this Nexxus deal (I have since corrected it). Your total needs to be $20 AFTER the BOGO1/2OFF sale, not before. But even so, with the +UP Rewards and the VV coupon, I was able to get a $20 purchase down to around $7. And to answer your question, YES! If you can unlock the $4/$20 VV coupon that would be ideal to use in this situation to bring your total down to just $2! But of course you could also use the $5/$25 VV coupon, but like you said, you'd just have buy a little bit more. Either way, it's a GREAT deal, and I hope you're able to take advantage of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend the Nexxus Humectress (?). Oh I'm terrible with names but I had samples sent to me and the shampoo PLUS conditioner makes her noticeably softer & lighter. It smells like almond powder and a hint of babyness too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the Rite Aid's in Rancho Cucamonga, CA had whatever was left from non-current limited edition displays 50% off. This included Maybelline Salsa Sun & Fashion Week 2010 displays, plus they still had a ton of $1 off coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, same wavelengths. i saw the Salon Graphix dry shampoo in CVS two days ago and thought to myself: "Oh, i never saw that kind before. i wonder what G would think of it?" it's not too pricey either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, thank you SO much for the heads up on the PF powder foundation!!! I'd never have known if I didn't get this in my email, so thank YOU!!!

    PS -- glad to see you back ;-) Chin up!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig