Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Review: Palladio Herbal Mosaic Powder

With the weather starting to warm up and springtime upon us, it might be time for many of us to ease back into our bronzers for some healthy color. But what do you do when you're a pale girl like me and most bronzers are, well, a bit too bronze to be rocking on pale winter skin?

I think I might have the perfect product for girls like me, and you can find it right at your local Sally Beauty.

Palladio Herbal Mosaic Powder in Spice (retail: $9.99 at Sally, $9.79 with Sally Club Card)

Last year I was lucky enough to be sent several Palladio products for review (click here to see my review of Palladio's eye and lip products). It was then that I discovered that several of you have heard of this brand, but not all of you have actually tried their products. I've got to tell you, Palladio is one of those hidden gems that you might not notice when you first walk into Sally, Ulta, or your favorite local beauty supply store, but upon closer inspection, you just might find some holy grail products within the line (for example, many people think their Lip Ink is far superior to Cover Girl's Outlast Lip Stain--and I definitely agree with them).

So why has it taken me so long to review Palladio's Herbal Mosaic Powder? Well can you believe that it's become such a staple in my permanent makeup collection that I totally forgot I needed to review it? It's literally one of those products that I just totally take for granted, and can wear with such ease that I've kind of been on auto-pilot about using it.

But now, with the weather warming up, I want to share my little secret with the world. Pale girls, this product might be able to give you the subtle glow that we dream of--it's not too intense, yet it delivers one of the most gorgeous peachy-bronze shades I've ever seen from such an affordable cosmetics line.


If you look at this powder up close, you'll see that each color is pretty darn wearable on its own. Four out of the five colors are mattes, while the peachy one on the far right has a nice but not over-the-top shimmer to it. When you swirl all the colors onto your brush, it imparts such a lovely, peachy-bronze glow to the skin, and the magical part is that it's soft and subtle, yet you can still see it. It really gives the perfect balance of warmth and subtlety that is desperately needed (and appreciated) when you've got pale winter skin like mine.

Note: the pictures above were taken today, and I've been using this product for several months now. Notice how it barely looks like I've scratched the surface? Yay! This product truly lasts...and lasts. Bonus!

For me, this is the the perfect powder to use as a transitional bronzer for this exact time of year. Also, I have used this product as a blush, and I've also used individual colors in this compact as eyeshadows. It's so versatile that you really do feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Here's a swatch on my arm, after having swirled my blush brush around the entire surface of the compact:


Now I applied it very heavily so that you could see it well in this photo, so please note that you can definitely wear it lighter. But notice how the shimmer is so subtle, but just gives the color a nice glow? You can really see the peach and bronze in person, and I love how the colors mix to form such a pretty overall shade.

I love this color!



You can purchase this and other Palladio products directly from Palladio's website, and also at your local Sally Beauty (online and in-store). Also I know that Ulta carries Palladio, and if you're in San Diego, Empire Beauty carries Palladio as well.

Have you tried anything from Palladio? Do you have any favorites? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'm always looking for the perfect bronzer for pale skin. THis is definitely on my to purchase list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like their products also, especially the Clearly Coral lip gloss , just a pretty subtle color. I also like the Pearly Pink lip gloss (this in a tube). I haven't tried their lipsticks or eyeshadows but I am very pleased with the glosses, although their mascara I tried was just meh. That bronzer looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rec!I have the herbal lip gloss in "iced rose" & I really like the formula & color-it was $4!I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PCS: I would LOVE to know what you think of this if you get it. I swear, it's just perfect for me when I need a *touch* of color without going over the top. Fingers crossed! :) xo

    catalina23: Their glosses are definitely awesome! So glad you agree. :) I really love the baked shadows I reviewed as well. You should give those a whirl if you get a chance! :)

    Michelle: Hey honey! I love their glosses! That color sounds gorgeous...I think I need to give it a shot! Thanks so much for the rec. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ladies, I had to leave a comment when I saw on beautyticket.com that there is an awesome sale going on with Stila and Smashbox eyeshadows. They are $6, $7 and $8 each! Just thought I would share the Sale-Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous color! I normally avoid bronzers because they have a tendency to make me look dirty or like a disco ball, but this looks so wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. erin: Thanks for the heads-up! I loooove me some BeautyTicket and these are great prices! :)

    Heather: I have that exact same problem! I think you might really like this. Please keep me posted if you try it? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig