Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Too broke for a haircut? Dr. Miracle can keep your dry ends alive!

Look, I know I need a haircut. At the very least, I need a trim. And I'm way overdue. Not only is this due to money issues, but it's also due to the fact that I have had THE worst luck with hairstylists lately (my favorite stylist in the whole world recently moved to a salon that is super far away and a pain to get to). So either I'm going to have to suck it up and drive very far for the cut I want, or I'm going to plunk down another $50+ to get a cut I'm miserable with. Neither sounds appealing right now (especially spending the money), which is why I am constantly looking for products to help extend the time between haircuts and keep my poor, dry ends from looking so fried.

Enter Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil:

Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil (retail: approx. $8.99, 2 oz)


As many of you probably already know, Dr. Miracle's Hair Care products are specifically created for African American men and woman, and they can be found at your local CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens and many other retail outlets across the nation. But did you also know that women of any ethnic background can use Dr. Miracle's products? The trick is knowing exactly how to use them.

I was delighted when a representative of Dr. Miracle's contacted me a few months ago and asked me about my haircare concerns. I told her that I have very dry ends, and that I'm always looking for something to help make them look and feel better. It was then that she offered to send me Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil, and she gave me specific instructions about just how to use it.

First, let's take a look at the bottle:


Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil comes in a glass bottle with a glass dropper. I have to admit I get a kick out of how very "scientific" I feel when I use it. lol! Also, notice the pretty clear, peach shade to the oil. Here are the ingredients (I was delighted to see that Healing Oil is paraben-free!):


And here are the directions:


Now, because I'm not contending with scalp or growth issues, I could skip the first paragraph in the directions and go straight to paragraph two. As my friendly Dr. Miracle's rep said, I need only one or two drops max, in the palm of my hand, to do the trick.

When my hair is feeling extra dry on the ends, I use Healing Oil right after I get out of the shower. I section my hair in half (like I'm about to put my hair in pigtails) and use one drop on each side. I really try to work it in to my ends and if I just use one tiny drop, I have NO problem with my hair feeling greasy, oily, or weighed down. Also, this stuff smells like cloves, which is so warm, soothing and comforting to me!

After application, I go about my regular business (either let my hair air-dry or blow-dry as usual) and I have got to tell you, my ends look absolutely rejuvinated! I don't know what it is about this special combination of ingredients, but there is truly a reason why the name of this company is Dr. Miracle's. I see a full-on miracle in the mirror every time I use my Healing Oil.

I tried my best to do a side-by-side comparison of my ends, but I'm afraid the following pics really don't do it justice. The first pic is the half of my hair WITHOUT Healing Oil, and the second pic is WITH Healing Oil (pics were taken after applying Healing Oil to one side of my hair--the other side without--and letting my hair air-dry):

Without Healing Oil. Notice the split ends, breakage, and just overall limp appearance of my ends?

With Healing Oil. See how my ends just look shinier, more bouncy and full of life? Also, the split ends don't look nearly as pronounced as they do in the first pic.

Honestly, if you want to breathe new life into your dry, icky ends, and you want to extend the time in-between haircuts, I think that you might want to give Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil a shot. For under 10 bucks at your local Walgreens, CVS or Rite Aid, it truly is a miracle in a bottle for me.

I would love to hear from any of you who have used this to help with scalp or slow-growth issues, so please leave a comment and let us know if it works just as well in that capacity too! Also, if you've never tried Dr. Miracle's products before, are you thinking about giving this one a whirl? I'd love to know what you think of it if you try it, and I truly hope you see results similar to mine!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Oooohh your hair looks nice!
    I've tried their products before because I won a giveaway months ago. I never heard of this particular product, I'll look into it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rai: Thank you so much, honey! And you are so lucky to have rec'd some Dr. Miracle's products in a giveaway! That's awesome. Please keep me posted if you try the Healing Oil, ok? I'd love to know how it works for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I want to try that! I don't have trouble with split ends, but my ends do get super dry. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. this may be just what I need to help me save some money while money is too tight to get my precious "Wen"...and who knows...maybe it'll completely replace it! I can definitely see a difference in your before and after shots. Going to get some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I am DEFINITELY going to try this. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hana: I'd LOVE to know what you think if you try it! :)

    Elizabeth: So does Wen help you with dry ends? I've only tried the Sally Beauty version of Wen, "Hair One", and I didn't have a good experience with it. :( But Dr. Miracle's is probably the best product I've ever used to get my ends looking good, so I would LOVE to know what you think of it when you try it. Keep me posted? :)

    Amy: Yay!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it, honey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i use several dr miracle products but i have never tried this one..

    i definitely need to look into it..

    tx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked for this yesterday at CVS and I couldn't find it.

    I did however buy the small trial bottles of the bioluxe shampoo and conditioner and used them this am.... nice. And I bought the CVS version of mentholate and my cuticles look amazing after just one night. THANK YOU!

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr. Miracle's deep conditioning packet (single use) works wonders...plus it tingles!
    ~Rose~

    ReplyDelete
  10. As far as the hair treatment...I think it seems to do the same thing as Chi Silk Infusion. I currently have terrible split ends, and the Chi makes them almost completely invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, ladies, for taking the time to share you thoughts about Dr. Miracle's hair products! I have some new goodies I need to check out! :)

    L.C., I've never tried anything by Chi before, so thanks for the rec! :)

    Alison: You are SO welcome! I'm so delighted to hear the mentho is working for you! And please keep me posted about the Bioluxe, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig