Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Review: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Polish in Bubblegum Pink

So if you saw my China Glaze review from a few days ago, you know that I am totally into pinks and reds during this time of year. And since Rite Aid currently has a BOGO 50% off on Sally Hansen nail products, and since I *just* ran out of my beloved MegaShine top coat, well I couldn't pass up getting another one of the newest Xtreme Wear colors too (how could I pass up 50% off of the already low price of $2.99 a bottle??).

Naturally, given my Valentine's Day addiction to pinks and reds, I went straight for Bubblegum Pink. Oh how I love thee!

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink 
(retail: $2.99 at Rite Aid but I paid $1.49 since SH is currently BOGO 50% off)

The following pics were all taken in various forms of lighting (without flash, with flash, florescent lighting, etc.). I would say that the true color isn't as blue as the w/o flash pics, but not exactly as warm as the flash pics. 

Without Flash


Apologies for my horrible cuticles (blame the weather!) but the important thing I'd like to note about ALL of these pics is that there were taken FOUR days into my manicure. FOUR DAYS! I used Orly Bonder Base Coat and Nailene Top Coat (the little bottle that came with my Nailene Skinny French Tip Pen!).

I also want to mention that if you look very closely, this shade has a very, very subtle silver shimmer running through it. I honestly love this color so much that I'm sad to take it off tonight.  I've been wearing it since Sunday morning and NO chips. 


And just to prove how awesome the staying power of this polish is, here's my other hand, also after four full days:


Can you believe? I can barely believe it and I've been wearing it for four days! In fact, I tried to pick at this polish just to see if I could, and today, on day four, I couldn't get it to lift at all (you know how when polish starts getting old it will begin to peel right off your nail? Not this one!).

I highly, highly recommend Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes (especially the creme formulas like this one) because the staying power is fantastic and the colors are just so pretty.  If you haven't seen my reviews of some of the other shades from the newest collection of Xtreme Wear, click here for Wet Cement and Pacific Blue, and here for Purple Pizzazz.

Do you own any Xtreme Wear colors? If so, do they perform as well on your nails?
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Nail polish doesn't wear as well on me, and I've used a lot of different polishes including Sally Hansen, I used to do manicures for my neighbors when I was in High School, so I've seen my fair share of polishes. I've used orly base coats, Seche Clear, real high end base and top coats and they still chip. I guess it's because I play guitar, my fingers are always at work.
    As I side not I'd like to say that I love your blog and I look forward to reading it multiple times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color. My cousin has couples of this type of nail polish, but I do not see it last long. May be b/c we do not have a good top coat or may be last time I did French tips on her so it does not work that well. Well most of the time,she play sports and never care about her nails, only do it for occasions. I cannot keep my nail polish last long anyways b/c I wash dishes by hand, and do a lot of things with water or just never careful with them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just b/c of nail polish post, I want to tell u that Dollar Tree is currently having new nail polishes from Sally Hansen. They come in a pack of 2 for $1. The oz is .45 each. So such a good value.Cannot beat it, and I cannot miss this. Most colors are more milky pink and white, but on the sheer side. There were a lot of other colors I like, mostly pink. I am going back to buy them as gift for a friend. I saw Maybelline nail polishes too that come with some type of small tube, but I could not see what it was. I was not noticing the colors either.

    But I am glad I came today, it was rainy in my area on my way home (took the train). I am kinda mad for not buying any today. Actually I am more in the saving money side, I am in college and do not have work. So money for books are running so high up. I just spent a bunch of money for textbooks and the amount that sometimes I thought I would never spent in one trip of shopping (above $200). But I am addicted to nail polishes and eyeshadows, so I cannot hold back. Hoo hoo =(. My excuse for tomorro is buying Christmas gift for a friend. I know Christmas is so over, but my friend just gave me hers last week. Hahaha. So now it is my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I'm going to have to get this color. How many coats did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I must have this color. I hadn't planned on going anywhere today but I think I'll make a special trip to CVS today just for this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love SH extreme wear polishes! They are cheap AND amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love SH's Xtreme Wear polishes! The one I have lasted four days before I managed to chip any of my nails, which is some kind of record for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's amazing wear. I'm lucky if I get 2 days without tip wear or a little chip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked almost all of the newer Sally Hansen Xtreme colors - I didn't get this one, even though I love pinks. I think I made a mistake - it looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of pinks but I never have good luck finding one that I really like. I've found that I like the cheaper Sally Hansen polishes much better than the more expensive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just at Rite Aid looking for those new WnW palettes you reviewed and I completely skipped the nail polish section (how I don't know)! I'll have to make another trip.
    I love Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear!! You can't beat the price, colors and wear!! The cremes apply flawlessly. They beat some of my higher end brands in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PoorCollegeStudent: Thanks so much for the kind words about my blog! :) Regarding your polish issues, have you tried Orly Bonder base coat? I've tried a zillion base coats over the years and this is the only product that truly extends the life of my manis, no matte which top coat I use. Maybe check that one out let me know how it works for you? :)

    ngocupham: Thanks for the great info about Dollar Tree! :) Also, have you tried Orly Bonder Base Coat? I swear it works wonders for me--I have been washing my dishes by hand too, since my dishwasher broke (boo!) and I swear that Orly Bonder does wonders. Also, I am really loving Sally Hansen MegaShine top coat, which works just as well as pricier top coats for me. Lastly, I would highly suggest picking up one of the new WnW MegaLast polishes since they're super cheap and I swear they last forever on nails, no matter how rough you are. Good luck! :)

    Hana: Thank you for asking this! I totally forgot to mention that in my review. I used 1 coat Orly Bonder base coat, 2 coats of Bubblegum Pink and 1 coat Nailene top coat. :)

    princess azure: lol!!! I would love to know what you think of this pink when you get it. :)

    Leigh: I hear ya! These babies are incredible! :)

    Cali369: Yep, I was stunned myself! I'd love to know what you think if you try one! :)

    DailyVarnishKatie: Oh, I definitely think you should get this one if you love pinks! It is incredibly versatile and I think it would go with a lot of different skintones since it kind of straddles line of being warm or cool-toned. And I totally agree--these SH polishes are amazing, especially for the price! :)

    mooosley: Totally agree! I am constantly amazed at how smooth these are to apply. You're right--it's flawless! Glad to know I'm not alone!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out and let you know what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so welcome! I can't wait to hear if it works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiul colour! I'm going to have to check around and see if anyone over here sells Sally Hansen (i've seen top coats and things arounf but no actual colours)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! Thanks for letting me know about the number of coats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought two of these from WalMart for $2.00 each. A bright pink and a true red. I put on 2 coats of the pink with a clear top coat and after 4 days of wear - no chipping or creasing!!! I am a teacher and mom, so my hands get a lot of use and I normally am touching up my manicure after 2 days. The polish dried fast and looks great. I'm definitely going to get more shades.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig