Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 26, 2009

Review: New Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear shades Wet Cement and Pacific Blue (and a bonus dupe surprise!)

As you probably know, I freaked out when I saw this display for the new shades of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes:


I bought Purple Pizzazz immediately and showed it to you a few days ago, but the next day I just had to go back and get Wet Cement and Pacific Blue (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes are just $2.99 at Rite Aid so how could I resist?).

First let me show you Pacific Blue, which is unlike any other blue creme in my collection:


The Xtreme Wear creme shades apply so beautifully (almost 100% opacity after one coat) and they wear well too. The color in the above pic is not accurate--my camera REALLY washes out the color. So I took a zillion pics of this shade without flash and I finally got an excellent representation of the color but it's super blurry (sorry).

Please disregard the blurriness--I'm only showing this to you so that you can see the exact color of Pacific Blue, which is a deep, electric royal blue in real life:

Aaaah, I LOVE it!

If you are a blue polish fan, you neeeed this color! Next we have Wet Cement:


After I put on this lovely gray creme, I realized that it might be a dupe of RGB "Steel", which I reviewed a while back for WeHeartThis. Check this out:





Now obviously the RGB has more blue in it while the Sally Hansen has a smidge more yellow, but for a drugstore dupe, this is pretty close! Now, if you are a gray polish queen, you probably need to own both, but if you're a casual gray polish lover, I'd say get yourself a bottle of Sally Hansen Wet Cement ASAP.

Do you have any of the new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear shades? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Hey princess azure: Did you mean "Blue Me Away"? I reviewed that shade a while back and I love it! That is from the first collection, but these are from the new set of shades that JUST released. :) If you own Blue Me Away I think you will LOVE Pacific Blue because it's a darker, very intense electric royal blue (just like the second pic--the blurry one). xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like the extreme wear line that much but I caved in and bought 2 bottles of the new insta dry (a mint green and the duo-chrome purple) both of them are quite pretty and the application was quite easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was doing my nails yesterday, and asked my boyfriend what color I should do, and he said grey. That's when I realized I have absolutely NO grey shades. If you saw my nail polish collection you'd understand why I was so shocked by this. Anyways, after seeing SH Wet Cement, I decided I have to have it. Now I just need to wait until I have the money to afford it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. as soon as i read your initial review of the new sally hansen shades, i went right out to my rite aid and picked myself up a bottle of "wet cement." i love it! co-workers have commented on it though... mainly they ask me why i painted my nails green... when my nails are clearly gray!! odd. i know gray isn't the most festive christmas-y shade but i love this color and the polish is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Citrine: We are the exact opposite. The Insta-Dry polishes peel in less than 24 hours on me, no matter what kind of base coat I use. The creme formula of the Xtreme Wear shades are bullet-proof on my nails, I tell you! lol. But I do love that mint green shade you got--I was eyeing in the store today, even though those polishes don't work for me. lol.

    Gaby: I am seriously crossing my fingers that you are going to be able to find these in your area ASAP! Do you have a Rite Aid near you? THey're only $2.99 there. :)

    Sandi: You NEED this then, see? lol! And if you have a Rite Aid near you, they're only $2.99 there! :) xo

    jennifer: YAY!!! I am so glad I could help! I bet it looks *gorgeous* on you. And believe me, I know about coworkers who stare oddly at nail colors. lol. Do you work in florescent lighting? I bet that's what made them look green. But even so, if I worked with you I'd be salivating at your nails and we'd immediately bond over how pretty they look. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply! The shade I'm referring to is a dark metallic blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found them at my Ulta! I bought the Pacific Blue, The Real Teal, and In the Spotlight. I was surprised, since my Ulta is usually months behind, if anything at all with the LE np's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got both these colors tonight, as well as a bottle of the one with the holographic bar glitter, and a bottle of Strobe Light, which seems to be discontinued and I couldn't find ANYWHERE else. Yay for buy one get one half off sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought wet cement and it is true love. It is suc a fun way to wear a "neutral"!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig